Thread: Hymn of Hope

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hymn of Hope

Used it again a few times yesterday when we killed Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad. While our Druid and Shaman healers are nicely equipped they still had to chug mana potions, use innervate and manatide whenever it was on cd, so I used my hymn too on cd, especially in the Kel'Thuzad fight.

My main problem right now is that I have to spare inner focus so I can get back to shadowform after using it. Should just be a discipline spell already.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

will never use this unless were like 5 healers all oom in the same group, cose it nerfes my mana regain, its that bad!

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yes yes, iknow how much it suck. That's why I'm asking if anyone ever USED it, and not just THOUGHT of using it ;-)
    the only reason i use it is if there is another class that is capable of picking up the slack in healing when raid damage is low... then ill use it.

on patchwork i used it and had the shaman / paly pick up some slack while i gave them a marginal bump in mana.

all in all its a pretty worthless spell

Nope i have never used it at all, but same goes to the other hymn we have.

It forces me to leave shd form. Screw that. -.-

Yes, we all know the spell(s) suck as shd for sure. Lets just drop it now.

Deleted

"Nope i have never used it at all, but same goes to the other hymn we have."

i guess it s because u play a shadowpriest divine hymn isnt that bad at all, use it on boss encounters with aoe dmg, it s great but situational

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    "Nope i have never used it at all, but same goes to the other hymn we have."

i guess it s because u play a shadowpriest divine hymn isnt that bad at all, use it on boss encounters with aoe dmg, it s great but situational
    Well yeah it is a glorified AOE hot that scales horribly with spellpower. With 6 minutes cooldown. Effin meh.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

to fix it all they need to do is make it instant cast and disc.

probably solved really.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    to fix it all they need to do is make it instant cast and disc.

probably solved really.
    AAAAAANNNND: Remove the shared cooldown from it and fear. I mean WTF, we finally get another (even if horrible) CC, and then it shares a cooldown with our only other (also pretty bad) CC?

Divine Hymn is not too good either, but at least is has use cases which under the right (albeit admittedly hard-to-hit) conditions, will win the day.
    But using Divine Hymn in PVE is always a bad idea.

In PVE, Divine Hymn does the following:
    You get a crappy AoE HoT. But at a 15 yd range centered on yourself, it's only barely outranging the Bacon of Light.
    No mobs will be incapacitated. Absolutely all mobs in raids are immune to the sleep effect.
    I've not tested it extensively, but I would believe that so are most heroic mobs.
    And - you put Pain Suppression on the entire pull.

Congratulations, you personally lowered the DPS output of your entire raid. Now give yourself a pat on your back. The only thing that prevents you from being gkicked is that the Pain Supression only lasts for 3 seconds since the Hymn was 100% resisted anyway.

Divine Hymn has its uses in PVP though.

If you are a Flag Carrier in WSG, Divine Hymn will sleep the pack following you. Of course, it will be trinketed immediately by any of the pack following you, and your SW:Pain on that mage will break it and you need to stand still for 1.5 seconds while your soft squishy skin will be violated by the pack of angry defenders, and you will be kicked to hell. So actually, in this situation, using Psychic Scream is much better, and the two spells do share cooldowns.

In arena, if you are getting focus fired, casting Divine Hymn will give you some relief. Of course, again, it will be trinketed by either of the five sleeping attackers, and your teammates will break it and getting off a 1.5 sec cast with two rogues on your back is not likely to happen. Again, Psychic scream is the better choice for getting the rogue off your back, but it will likely miss that nuking mage who is out of range. Divine Hymn will also miss the mage, but by a much less margin.

Divine Hymn is great if you get ganked by a rogue. You just sleep him and run away. Of course, that does require you to get that 1.5 second cast off, which is not likely to happen. Again, Psychic Scream is possible.

Actually, The only useful situation for a divine Hymn is vs a warrior. The warrior usually runs in berserk stance to avoid the priest fear. By using Divine Hymn, you may get a chance at getting away. Unless he does pummel you, of course, and if he didn't, you are well allowed to /mock him.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

If they are immune to the incapacitate, they also DO NOT get the pain suppression.

I ment hymn sorry.

never used the other. only found out I had that spell the other day lol :-[

Aether: Hmm. Didn't know that. Guess I will try it for the crappy HoT tonight then
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Ya the use of Divine Hymn in pvp is very questionable as it shares the cooldown with fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Aether: Hmm. Didn't know that. Guess I will try it for the crappy HoT tonight then
    you mean MoT ;D

Deleted

"Well yeah it is a glorified AOE hot that scales horribly with spellpower. With 6 minutes cooldown. Effin meh."

if u want to keep your negative sight then nobody can help you sry...mana/heal wise it s the best aoe healspell we have.if you don t like it then don t use it, the 6minutes cooldown seems a bit high but again it s not a main heal spell it s a kind a escape (although a very sucky one ^^). best use for it is when aoe dmg comes...for example the demon thing boss in violet hold. poh,hymn,coh combined with inner focus and shadowfiend i can keep my party up no matter how heavy aoe dmg is incoming...it s just my opinion, i think it s not useless but the cd is high, yeah you re right on this ^^

sry for bad english ;P

15+ Year Old Account

The stun from Divine Hymn does work during phase 1 of KT. And stunning 10 skeletons at once that have 1600 (10-man) health in the last 10 seconds before phase 2 is nice.

Also, the healing it does is great on certain fights. I did 25-man Sartharion and dropped this on the raid since everyone save melee is stacked up. At around 540ish a tick on ten people I'd say that's not bad at all. There's lots of boss fights where this spell can do some great raid healing, an added bonus for disc priests.

The 6 minute CD does hurt. I wish it was less, maybe like 4 or even 3. No less than that though. ANd yes it should not share a CD with fear, that makes it terrible for PvP unless everyone has already used their trinkets.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Compare Hymn of Hope to Manatide totem
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Manatide totem can be killed, although I've never seen this happen.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Honestly this is trash for shadowpriests, but hymn is great for holy priests. not so much disc.
    I'm not sayin the skill is amazing, just pretty good. raid buffed i'm sitting at about 21k mana, so 10% is roughly 2k. Factor in my Regen (565 mp5 casting, 1275 while not casting) that brings me about another 2.5k if i dont cast for a full 10.
    Dont forget about replenishment giving ya back some mana too.
    When I channel Hymn i get about 6k mana.
    On its own it kinda sucks, but dont forget everything else you have going for ya. Just remember to get out of that 5 second rule and you'll be all set =p

Elektrik: I sorta get the feeling you are laughing at me here, but it's kinda hard to tell. Please elaborate? :P

I wasn't laughing at you...what are you talking about? :

*runs away*