help me gear my shadow priest at 80.

First off, let me say that I'm a very casual player. i get in maybe 10-12 hours a week on my priest, who is my main. I just hit 78, and am preparing for level 80, where I plan to start doing heroics or naxx. Up to that point, i don't think I'll be running any instances simply as a matter of convenience. I am on a ghostown server, and it's easy to waste 30 minutes getting a group together for any non-80 content. I like to use the time I get efficiently. Because of this, my gearing options are limited...and i'm hoping you can help me do the best I can to prepare for becoming level 80.

I'm a mooncloth tailor and a miner. I've used my time in sholazar well, and have all the mats for a titansteel guardian already. Furthermore, I've acquired the eternal fires and plan on getting a deathchill cloak. In intend on making the hat of wintry doom and the spellweave based boots as well. I realize that ebonweave would be great for me. But, I don't think that I'll be able to acquire the materials necessasry for both pieces in the 10-14 days it'll take me to hit 80...only the gloves. I can also acquire the mats for one piece of both the spellweave and moonshroud sets.

Outside of those items, I'm not sure what I can easily obtain through rep/quests/professions. I'd really appreciate some help understanding how to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Re: help me gear my shadow priest at 80.

Well, to make a recomended set of stuff, including not-to-insane craftables:

Head: ??
    Neck: [item=40680] (25 Emblems)
    Shoulders: ??
    Cloak: [item=41610] (Crafted)
    Chest: [item=42101] (Crafted) / [item=42102] (Crafted)
    Bracers: [item=37884] (Heroic Drop)
    Gloves: [item=37172] (Heroic Drop)
    Belt: [item=40696] (40 Emblems) / [item=37408] (Heroic Drop)
    Legs: [item=37854] (Heroic Drop)
    Boots: [item=44202] (Reputation - Exalted)
    Ring 1: [item=37192] (Heroic Drop)
    Ring 2: [item=37694] (Heroic Drop)
    Trinket 1: [item=37873] (Heroic Drop)
    Trinket 2: [item=40682] (40 Emblems)

Main Hand: [item=41384] (Crafted)
    Off Hand: [item=40698] (Emblems)
    Wand: [item=38206] (Quest)

I don't have any suggestions for Helm & Shoulders yet, as my TBC stuff was better.

thanks for the response. I think I probably wasn't clear in what I was looking for. I fully intend on improving my gear bit by bit through heroics and such. I was looking for the best possible gear to START doing heroics in. Meaning, things I could have on the second I hit level 80.

The guardian, deatchill cloak, and spellweave/ebonweave stuff is all solid, i think. I also picked up a dream signet of the necromancer just in case.

wand slot - [item=37177] UK hero , one of the easiest to farm

with a decent skill you can easly fill the stat gap to do heroics.
    Isn't like in tbc, as a dps u can steamroll all istance without very issue (only one come in my mind - the 14k hp for stay on the loken aoe if your party choose to stay and dps im down)
    Less time you spend outside istance for grind crafted and more blues/epix you loot in hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr
    thanks for the response. I think I probably wasn't clear in what I was looking for. I fully intend on improving my gear bit by bit through heroics and such. I was looking for the best possible gear to START doing heroics in. Meaning, things I could have on the second I hit level 80.
    Well, that depends on more than gear.

If you got 4 good friends that know how to play, and you're not a complete retard yourself, you could do it as soon as you dinged 80, if the tank&healer had reasonable gear.

So yeah...