Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the latest news on the possible 6 sec CD on CoH nerf?

Pancakes.

Re: What is the latest news on the possible 6 sec CD on CoH nerf?

Why be worried? AOE heals are a crutch for lazy, bad healers, and besides, it's massively boring healing with AOE spells... The CD will mean you'll actually have something to do rather than just sitting around spamming one spell. Surely that's a good thing? Healing used to be about skill, this is a step that might move it back in that direction...

Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon
    Why be worried? AOE heals are a crutch for lazy, bad healers, and besides, it's massively boring healing with AOE spells... The CD will mean you'll actually have something to do rather than just sitting around spamming one spell. Surely that's a good thing? Healing used to be about skill, this is a step that might move it back in that direction...
    And yet, in TBC even after they amped up circle's effectiveness, Spamming circle still wouldn't have kept your tank alive. People seem to think that a deep holy priest only pushes one button, but I've seen quite the difference, first-handed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    And yet, in TBC even after they amped up circle's effectiveness, Spamming circle still wouldn't have kept your tank alive. People seem to think that a deep holy priest only pushes one button, but I've seen quite the difference, first-handed.
    If you're using CoH to try and keep a tank up then you're a bad healer, which was precisely my point. Being a good healer is about knowing which spells are effective and suitable for which situation. Having a Cooldown on CoH of 6 seconds or whatever the cooldown is going to be will simply encourage people to use a wider array of spells. I'm a Druid and my current breakdown is about 30% healing done by Wild Growth in Raids (which I consider a bit excessive). I had a peek at Recount the other night and our Holy Priest was doing 60-70% of his healing with CoH, which I would consider excessive and verging on one-button healing. He was still behind me on the meters, and his overheals were about double mine. His reliance on CoH and his overhealing means he's under-healing the tank (since as you point out CoH cannot keep a tank up) to bump up his heal numbers, thus increasing the pressure on other healers. The CD is targeted precisely at someone like him, not at players who currently maintain an appropriate balance of healing spells.

The CD is targeted precisely at someone like him, not at players who currently maintain an appropriate balance of healing spells.
    Amen, now if only they'd do something to flash heal to stop the flash whores who think FSR is some gov't acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by Arduroc
    Amen, now if only they'd do something to flash heal to stop the flash whores who think FSR is some gov't acronym.
    Those kind of people are also the kind that think "Topping healing meters means that I'm great and you all suck". Unfortunately, there really is no teaching them, try as hard as you want.

greenmasheen

If you're using CoH to try and keep a tank up then you're a bad healer, which was precisely my point. Being a good healer is about knowing which spells are effective and suitable for which situation. Having a Cooldown on CoH of 6 seconds or whatever the cooldown is going to be will simply encourage people to use a wider array of spells. I'm a Druid and my current breakdown is about 30% healing done by Wild Growth in Raids (which I consider a bit excessive). I had a peek at Recount the other night and our Holy Priest was doing 60-70% of his healing with CoH, which I would consider excessive and verging on one-button healing. He was still behind me on the meters, and his overheals were about double mine. His reliance on CoH and his overhealing means he's under-healing the tank (since as you point out CoH cannot keep a tank up) to bump up his heal numbers, thus increasing the pressure on other healers. The CD is targeted precisely at someone like him, not at players who currently maintain an appropriate balance of healing spells.
    holy priests shouldnt be healing the main tank, thats what holy palies are for.

generally when we do 10 man naxx we have a holy priest (me), a paly, and a druid. you could probably just swap out a priest for a shaman and the setup would still work fine.

i dont spam CoH, i use all the spells i can... but it seems like i rely on flash heal more than i should.

Quote Originally Posted by mmochamplover
    Pancakes.
    You made me hungry

no news.
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

No news. And no news is good news.

Not because it won't happen, but because they are actually thinking this through. Here's to hoping that this will help them getting to a better conclusion.

--

CoH is good. With the glyph, it's insanely good.
    And it's instant, acting both as a stability heal and a raidheal at once.
    Considering its HPM, as long as 3 or more people is hurt, it is the correct spell to cast.
    So we do.

Priests can't compete with paladins on single target healing. But with CoH we can compete with druids on raidwide stability healing. And with CoH we can compete with shammies on raidhealing. CoH IS the only reason to bring priests for a raid if you are purely min/maxing. A holy priest is a jack of all trades, whom can do both single, raid and stability healing - and change between the roles at ease, but he will not be a better healer than the experts. So, given a purely min/max standpoint, why bring them?

CoH change this. But not for the better. Because CoH is sort of invalidating shammies healing, pushing the scale from needing one priest for fortitude, to needing one shammy for totems. A very good shaman can barely keep up with a mediocre priest spamming CoH. It's that bad.

But if you nerf CoH, shammies will be too needed. So you can nerf raidwide damage. That will lower the requirements of shammies. But now paladins and druids are the only healer worth stacking. So, okay, you can nerf all healing and damage I guess, but then you're back to square one.

Blizzard really did paint themselves into a corner here. Either they can make all healers virtually equal.
    This means all healers can do raidhealing, single target healing and stability healing.
    This will solve all the balance issues once and for all.

But on the fliside, if you make all healers equal, why are priests then wearing cloth and why don't priests have any stackable utility like the paladin (buffs), shaman (totems) and druid (combatress, innervate)? WoTLK try to redeem this by giving holy priests one crutch - Guardian Spirit. It's good. But it's not really reason enough alone to stack priests. CoH is a good enough reson to stack priests.

Or you give each healer their forte. But that's what they do now, and the CoH-less priests are the oddballs left out. I have no good solution for this. Nor does blizzard.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Danner, preaching to the choir here. Nah, I've just been stuttering trying to come up with ways to say exactly the same thing. Almost good enough to put in a letter and mail the damn thing to 'em, seriously.

i dont think its a nerf at all, i rarely use it myself, id rather use prayer of healing with glyph as it heals mores, i usuly only use CoH when moving like in four horsmen and one is enough to use there, coh is sure nice but as everyone said its never good to keep tank up with it, i use greater heal or flash heal depending on the dmg the tank gets, and keep renew up all time, have glyph for that aswell, renew can hot teh tank for up to 1.9k ever 3 sec which is very nice,

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...spine&n=Ichijo

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    U put the CoH priest on MT healing???

CoH doesn't need a nerf, yes , it's a good spell, but it's not overpowered. 5,5k crit of PoM it's overpowered =)

If blizzard nerfs CoH then they need to nerf ALL AoE damage of every encounter. A good priest will NEVER use CoH as a way to heal the tank. The fights I use CoH on: 4 horseman only when crossing Thane tanks, Loatheb - I pre-cast a PoH and then cast CoH twice before the debuff comes back(THAT is a critical fight to have CoH for) and other than that I can't think of a fight where I regularly use CoH(unless a few dps are tanking unnecessary damage). Even on Gluth - it's just better to hot everyone after decimate(except for the tanks, of course).

However, I DO use it excessively on trash pulls in Naxx as a lot of them do AoE and mana efficiency is not an issue. We would have numerous people die in our 25-mans if it wasn't for having 2 CoH priests in the raid for trash pulls. If they give CoH a 6 sec cooldown then they had better nerf the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    they had better nerf the trash.
    as if trash was ever hard in wotlk ???
    level 18?

Quote Originally Posted by Culsu
    as if trash was ever hard in wotlk ???
    As if Trash was ever hard in this game?

I never said trash was hard. I just said that without priest/druid AoE healing you will have numerous people dying during trash pulls, and you will have to rez them up when the pull is over. Or...you can use your more expensive/less efficient spells and run oom and then have to make the raid wait for the healers to sit and drink between trash pulls.

Trash isn't hard...but trash is trash - no one likes doing it and it's just something that consumes your time between bosses. I'd just like it to consume the least amount of time possible, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    I never said trash was hard. I just said that without priest/druid AoE healing you will have numerous people dying during trash pulls, and you will have to rez them up when the pull is over. Or...you can use your more expensive/less efficient spells and run oom and then have to make the raid wait for the healers to sit and drink between trash pulls.

Trash isn't hard...but trash is trash - no one likes doing it and it's just something that consumes your time between bosses. I'd just like it to consume the least amount of time possible, that's all.
    Or get Shaman just like raid leaders always have. Blizzard will push this nerf through. IMO it's stupid because it brings into doubt the whole viability of the holy tree. I just keep looking at the top end of the holy tree and see very little that jumps out and says grab me. I just keep looking at the Shaman who are ele and pumping out way less DPS than just about anyone. But it's OK because we aren't hurting for DPS.

Sure everything is fine and cool atm. Priests are all closing in on (or have surpassed) 2k sp - and in raids where with those numbers all over the bar has not been set too high. It's all doable.

Now push the FF button: if raids get hard (and that is what a lot of people are asking for) then things change. Your ele shaman are not wanted, DPS is too low. They have a fine set of Sp gear and end up resto and healing trash. Your Pallies will be MT healer because they are best at that.

your priests are a bit like those ele shaman - they just don't really have a defined role in a hard raid. Not as good as Pally for MT. Not enough Hots. Ordinary raid heals. mediochre talents in the holy tree with a nerfed CoH.

Better hope you can out DPS the locks n mages. cos those will be the spots left over.

Seems like they just pushed it; Ghostcrawler confirms the cooldown to be "the solution they landed on". No ETA given, but the major "before 3.1 patch" doesn't seem unlikely. Not news whether there is more changes coming up.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]