Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Addon for Demonic Circle

I need a addon which show me if I´m in range or not.

Maybe a genius can make one ;D

Perfect would be a coloured circle on the minimap. If the addon mark the Portal on the minimap and make a 40yard circle arround it in the map.

Re: Addon for Demonic Circle

they could at least make the button turn grey when out of range

they wnated to make the talent utterly pointless, making it so that u might actually use it.... who would want that......

and here i was so excited i was going to be able to use it to get from inside the bank to the mailbox..... oh wait, the range isn't even that long, not by a long shot.
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

Deleted

yeah but a circle on the minmap that show the range of the portal would be perfect so if u can make addons or u have a friend who can gogo

Or Blizz could just make it have an unlimited range, ie actually useful.
    That or increase health regen while standing on it or something, anything. Please?

Deleted

...or just like any1 in a 100y radiuz of the circel wud get killed by sum fire things and dem take liek 99999 damage lolz

I like Demonic Circle the way it is.
    And some people are realy jealous that we have a skill like that.
    In pvp i just pop it behind a wall or something out of sight putt all my dots up and ZIIIP iam away.
    and at raids I escape from wipes. Teleport out of aoe.
    There are so many situations where you can use that skill.
    Some of my favorits is put the Circle near the well in dalaran jump in take the mushrooms i need for cooking daily and teleport up again thats amazing^^.

i think most people have a problem with the talent because it actually requires thinking and planning about the use of it. In arena or a pvp setting where u know u are going to use it and how its useful and u thought it out already then its cool and seriously useful, Nagrand arena is just 1 really really realllllllllllly good place that comes to mind. But when ur out questing, or not execting to get attacked by a lame ganking rogue, cause its so hard to stealth up and immobalize {flex}, its a useless talent. Blizz even said that they didn't intend for it to be used as an avoid a wipe talent, but personally i would totally take Mirror image over my pretty green circle any day

Deleted

Circle > Mirror Image just put siphon life on each mirror and maybo CoT and u heal more than u gain damage . I like Circle but a addon that show the range on the minimap would perfect.

the only benefit i've seen to this skill is that it doesn't really have LOS issue's it is just the range, if they would have increased the ranged to say 100 yards or even 75 that would be cool or in my opinion they could have kept this damn skill and given me a friggin usefull aggro dump. then i would be happy.

15+ Year Old Account

1) There is no way to detect "range" of your circle using an addon, unless someone got really creative and modified Gatherer to drop a mark.

2) Even if someone modified Gatherer, it would not be 100% accurate, because in the XX.X, YY.Y coordinate system .1 does not equal Z yards.

3) I think this is the perfect opportunity for warlocks to finally figure out how non-maxrange spells work:
    -Mages get it (Cone of Cold, Arcane Explosion, Frost Nova)
    -Priests get it (Mind Flay, Psychic Scream)
    -Hunters ~really~ get it (pre-minrange nerf)

Class has changed, adapt or perish!

R.I.P. YARG

gherkin, in regards to #3, didn't we have those before with Hellfire and Howl of Terror? Or am I misunderstanding what you meant by non-maxrange spells? (the examples I gave are ones that came to mind that are simular to the spells you named so I just wanted to know if I was understanding correctly).
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    1) There is no way to detect "range" of your circle using an addon, unless someone got really creative and modified Gatherer to drop a mark.
    lol... you can't calculate the range using an addon unless you modify an addon? You know gatherer is also an addon so if gatherer can, you can also do it in your addon without using gatherer.

-Hunters ~really~ get it (pre-minrange nerf)
    about what min-range nerf are you speaking of? i only know they got a boost with the min range decrease, is there a nerf i dont know of?

I believe he was saying mods like gatherer flag nodes and stuff based on coords. Coords are not a consistent distance apart as they are dependent on the zone and how large the map is, therefore you could not easily modify something like gatherer to flag a certain range, as if you are only going off of coordinates, there is no lightweight way to do that. You would have to figure the conversion for coordinates for each and every zone and then the mod would have to go off of that.

I have never modded, so I do not know if this is the case in actuality, but I believe that is what he was implying with #1 above.

or you can just use TomTom, make a macro to add a waypoint to TomTom at the location you drop that Demonic Circle, then the arrow from TomTom will point to the location of Demonic Circle, aswell as showing the distance (in yds) and the time it takes you to reach the said location (in seconds)

15+ Year Old Account

RE: ADDON
    I'll explain the addon part more. There is nothing in the LUA/API whatever that calculates distance. Nothing at all. The best you can do is target something, and check your spells for "within range". But this is limited to the range of your spells - 30 yards, 33 yards, 36 yards, etc. but its extremely costly performance wise, and requires a target.

You cannot target a demonic circle, so therefore this method does not work.

The best you can do is have an addon drop a marker on your minimap when you summon a new circle. However, since for ever .1 in the coordinate system you can walk more than 1 yard, this is extremely innacurate. I won't go into the details of how a grid system is incompatible with a floating point calculation, but the basics is that every time you increase your coordinate by .1, you can move more than 1 yard. This means that when you are at max range according to the coordinate systems, you may not be according to the spell.

Blizzard locked us out of the range finder due to the amazing things you could do with it, such as NOT casting AOE's when someone was out of range. Imagine an addon that allowed you to only cast HOT when 3 enemy targets were within range. OP.

Note on TomTom: Last time I used this it was an approximation, and nowhere near accurate enough be used in conjunction with spells. However, I will say it's better than nothing.

RE: NON-MAXRANGE
    I have yet to see a warlock who knows exactly where to stand to use hellfire correctly.
    I have yet to see a warlock who gives a rats ass about his howl of terror radius because he's either already getting his face kicked in, or its an emergency.

Therefore, learning how these things works will improve overall performance in general. At least thats how I see it.

RE: HUNTER RANGE NERF
    I was talking about nerfing the minimum range, as in almost eliminating it. Bad choice of words, my apologies.

R.I.P. YARG

Im not very good with coding, but i would imagine that the VRA (void reaver alarm) mod could be modified to work the way we want for this. Just an idea...

Deleted

RE: HUNTER RANGE NERF
    I was talking about nerfing the minimum range, as in almost eliminating it. Bad choice of words, my apologies.
    That range modif. you are talking about, was a boost for hunters, they can actually use attack all the time without having a blind area. Nerf term means a BAD modification, not a boost. You should stick to words you know, instead of using all that 1337 language and call the white black.

Sry for the off topic but his thread is ended anyway

Quote Originally Posted by buddybone
    I need a addon which show me if I´m in range or not.

Maybe a genius can make one ;D

Perfect would be a coloured circle on the minimap. If the addon mark the Portal on the minimap and make a 40yard circle arround it in the map.
    Chilchilla can make a x-yard circle around you on the minimap ;-)