Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: About Warlock pvp problems

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    Lol its execicut. Always been hitting for much. And it is just a finishing skill. At lvl 20 when u get it it will crit for like 1500 so that it its for 11k now is not strenge.
    Ever hear of sudden death? It is one thing to get hit with an execute for 11k when you have 3k health left another to get hit for 11k when you are at full health. Anyway, my point being it is not just a finishing move.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    I do have to say though, that I hate how locks need to use Soul Link in order to be PvP viable. Every other class can use multiple talent specs and still be used in PvP. Locks are the only class that is forced to be 1 tree only.
    WOW..
    Not really
    warcraftmovies.com
    Look for a 2s team, mut rogue/destro lock ~2200
    You guys can play as other specs, its just not EZ mode...
    "Nerf rock, Paper's fine." - Scissors

yeah im arms on my 71 warrior and Sudden death is great, it was changed thoough from 10/20/30% chance on crit to 3/6/9% chance on hit, i personaly don't see much of a differnce cause my crit was relatively high, but the best is that you can sit htere and blast on 1 target, rage up, proc SD, and then switch targets intercept and execute, definately useful.

Locks have nothing to match a rogue's killing spree, warrior blade storm, hunter beast within, etc.... ALL of those have CC immunity. We turn into a purple fairy that is now MORE cc'able than it was before using the 51 point talent. Not to mention the armor bonus is completely removed if you get sundered/EA'd prior to popping meta. Even w' demon armor we don't get much more than 15K armor in meta.

When any faceroller can get close, snare/cc us, and one button win on shorter cooldowns than we have everytime its not balanced. Affliction needs big time survival to possibly live through its dots, demo needs to be the tanking spec w' MUCH MUCH tougher to kill pets, and destro needs mobility...the run and gun spec. Its not that 1% can't do well with a lock its that 99% of idiots can completely wipe us out w' very little skill.

Its not the devs CAN"T figure it out its that they WONT do anything about it for whatever perception or issue they have w' locks pvp. When I can get an explanation of why its okay to stunlock and burst me down but I can't fear/dot I'll stop my qq. If a rogue/warrior/ret/dk can unnaturally enlarge my anus to gruul proportions w' only facerolling skill and the devs think that is not broken I'd invite them to PVP on a warlock for more than a few mins. Try a week or two of BG's and arenas.... Blizz talks about how they don't want to make pets too OP. How about just surviving more than 2-3 gcd's? Make the pets tough to kill....esp since they do a whopping 100'ish dps at best. Make the master able to kill something quickly as destro and be able to survive as demo/affliction. I still don't understand what the devs have against giving locks ANYTHING castable while moving/instant.

"Sacrificial Goat" will be the new pvp skill where we kill our pet (thereby saving the melee the 2x gcd's) to transform into a qq'ing farm animal which is tethered to the ground nearly unable to move while every class can slaughter us. Wait...we already have that.

Its become world of melee and magecraft in pvp. Locks are just used for padding the HK numbers of other classes atm.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

i will say that the problem is that we dont have enough movement on the field when something is on us we cant get it off and we are in the shit cause we can't tank anymore

i used my blue pvp gear lvl 80 with my lvl 70 pvp gear was over 500 resi and 17k hp
    (i dont enchanted it cause i dident got time) and a druid lvl 79 moonkin

as soon his treant spawned next to me I shadowfury / shadowflame them ( 3 second) but they had time to give me one hit each (900/800/1000) i was like wtf treant

Quote Originally Posted by Svenskpally
    Lol its execicut. Always been hitting for much. And it is just a finishing skill. At lvl 20 when u get it it will crit for like 1500 so that it its for 11k now is not strenge.
    Sudden Death.

Oh how I love it (but then I've only pvp'd on my warrior thus far)

15+ Year Old Account

1) Doesn't Meta have charge? Charge the bastards who run away.

2) The pvp you are experiencing is called T3 Battlegrounds, where mages in full PVE builds and full T3 would AP POM Pyro 1shot fully geared T3 tanks with Last Stand up.

3) Warlocks have nothing going for them other than fear spam and smart use of demonic circle, which is more annoying than anything to a smart opponent.

R.I.P. YARG

I think the burst DPS comments are really valid, how many of you have raided or 5 man heroic'ed and watched the meters? Warriors, and pallys initial 5-10 sec of dps and % of dmg is massive, it literally takes 30 sec or more to catch up to their dps and damage level. Eventually we surpass them, but in a pvp enviorment thats not much of an advantage.

for those who have problems in PvP, try getting good, and try to narrow down on the QQ. It works pretty well. Ty.

You missed his point. He's so good he actually scripts the game to be crit for less.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    for those who have problems in PvP, try getting good, and try to narrow down on the QQ. It works pretty well. Ty.
    he's the kinda person that wants to gloat that he has so much power and so much skill that he never has any issues.... never mind the fact of the 3 ret pallys and resto druid standing behind him every where he goes..... i would love to get good... kinda hard to practice when its insta stun from every class druid - bash pally - hammer warrior - intercept, and new prot stun, sheid bash priest - black out rogues-lol take ur pick hunters - distractin shot who am i missing,oh right locks have nothing unless u spec for it 41+ points down, eitherway.... 1 stun, where u can keep moving around and instantly 18k health gone from all the op burst dps from every other class other then ours.... in the time im alive for longer then 3 seconds, i can't stop to cast inorder to practice what would work best in PVP before i get silenced. trinkets only work once

but your right, i guess i should not come here to voice concerns or opinions on a forum, where i can get some advice to get good.... who would want to do that...

15+ Year Old Account

There's something to be said about FOTM.
    None of it good.

Play what you enjoy. I enjoy my lock, regardless of how many problems I may have.

R.I.P. YARG

locks are currently hurt badly in terms of PvP survivability. Just how it is. Thats why all the "Nerf Fear" threads have disappeared.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Issue: survival

No way to survive the duration of our dmg dealing method (dots)

No way to burst (esp mobile burst)

Pet skills/survival tied to our core mechanics w' pets unable to survive.

In a nutshell don't have the burst to be dangerous, survival to do dmg in, nor ways to escape CC/death.

Skill isn't involved when you are snared/stunned/cc'd and your dmg isn't effective against what is killing you.

GC is that simple enough for you?

After all the work Blizz put into the DK which clearly shows they can do an amazing job I'm shocked they can't come up with something better yet still balanced for warlock PVP. They clearly know how to do a good job...why they wont is beyond me.

***Short Version Above****

***Specifics Below***

- to be "balanced" we would need 90% melee dmg/CC immunity while having our full arsenal of dmg dealing available to us on a cooldown in the same neighborhood as deathcoil.
    - give us a disarm mechanic usable on the same cooldown they can kick/pummel/etc
    - our burst dmg must be equivalent to most melee/classes
    - pets need to be unimportant skill, mitigation, tactics wise or they need to be able to survive. They need to scale fully with our gear and attributes. What does it tell you that you want our pets to offtank in raids yet can't live through a few GCD's from a melee?!
    - a reliable CC.
    - similar hit points to melee classes if lifetap can work fully in PVP or more if we lose spirit scaling.
    - mobile dps beyond 3 pathetically weak dots...equivalent dps to a melee on the move
    - 51 point talents that are as significant as other classes in terms of utility in PVP.
    - a much more potent MS ability, strong dispel protection, or similar on our dots so they are not trivial

Blizzard seems convinced we should a) be stationary to cast anything meaningful, b) have very little to no escape from root/snare/etc cc's, and have ways in which our dmg can be removed entirely w' less effort/time/resources than it takes us to attempt it. What do we get in return? What is the payoff for such fragility and endless opportunity to prevent our dmg? We are left tanking an opponent that keeps us unable to do any significant dmg to them while taking us from 100% to zero in a timeframe that is virtually unhealable. Esp if the healer suffers any interupts themselves. Blizz clearly knows how to improve a caster class...look at mages in PVP. If you took away blink, iceblook, resists, frost nova, and anything instant cast they'd be in the same boat as a lock. If you made warriors, druids, pally's spec "prot" to survive more than 6 focused seconds that would be parity.

IF melee couldn't hurt us in the duration we could kill them in reliably through all but the most focused healer efforts it would be just as broken as the situation is now. I doubt blizzard will ever let it get to that point. Why they tolerate it as is since some escalating point in beginning in S3 I'll never know.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Agree on most of theese posts.. Locks aint able to survive long enough to see their dots do any dmg at all..

Tho in a BG demonic circle is wtf couse its chaotic and they have no idea where the hell u went eventho u might stand right over them.. But then again, they see u port and just intercept / feral charge / sstep / death grip you and ure their little punch bag again..

14:58:12 - Warlock: "Omg is that a melee?"
    14:58:13 - Holy Paladin: "Wh.."
    14:58:15 - Warlock dies
    14:58:16 - Holy Paladin bubbles and Hearthstone

remove death coils heal, significantly lower its cd, leave it instant cast with a 5sec cd, breaks on dmg.

or some arrangement of that. perhaps a minimal allowance for dmg, but not as much as fear.

Quote Originally Posted by niqht
    remove death coils heal, significantly lower its cd, leave it instant cast with a 5sec cd, breaks on dmg.

or some arrangement of that. perhaps a minimal allowance for dmg, but not as much as fear.
    1) Why would you ever ask to remove the heal component?

2) 5 sec cooldown and always causing the target to flee for 3 secs is OP. And I dont want to be OP, I want to be balanced
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

oops i meant 5sec duration. obviously that wasnt right, since i had already said lower its cd.

seems to me the heal isn't that big a deal. with the current dmg level what is that heal really. even over a healthstone.
    compared to a shorter more useful cd for cc i'd take the hit on the heal.

the way blizz budgets things i'd imagine they would be willing to greatly reduce the cd if it did not have the heal component.

actually on its breaking on dmg, make it like dragons breath. does not break on periodic dmg but will on any direct attack.

You are right the healing component doesnt make any lock say "wow that was amazing" by itself. However its the 3 secs of them fleeing plus the 1500 heal that makes it worthwhile. It allows perfectly allows you to get off a fear immediately after the coil lands.

Just the same as the Haunt heal effect isnt amazing, its just an added bonus. The reason why neither are major heals separately is because Blizzard factored in that the healing effects would be coupled together. SL, DL, DC, & Haunt together add up nicely. The problem is that they dont even out with the DPS melee classes are able to dish out.

Plus Im really upset with the ease of removing our DoTs. No DoTs = no heals. That makes SL/SL epic fail.
    Definition of useless -

15+ Year Old Account

1) Don't feed the trolls

2) Resilience on pets, better health scaling

3) Swiftmend for DOTS. Consume corruption to deal its entirety of damage in one go. 6k to the FACE mother@#$%er!!!

R.I.P. YARG