Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: About Warlock pvp problems

Quote Originally Posted by Sascatuan
    This isnt the blizzard forums btw...their not coming here to read your suggestions on how to fix the class...

The same debate is raging on the blizz forums with the locks screaming bullshit and the devs basically going yeah uh we don't know what to do. Believe me they know that locks are hopelessly broken.
    Moron scams someone by pretending to be a WoW GM, and records video evidence that includes his name AND realm of this ToS Violation.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_WWE5ajdjXI

Quote Originally Posted by Warlockforlife

The same debate is raging on the blizz forums with the locks screaming bullshit and the devs basically going yeah uh we don't know what to do. Believe me they know that locks are hopelessly broken.
    It's not THAT bad. All they need are a couple pet changes and a change to demon armor.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

The QQ in this thread is amazing. Everyone whines about not killing every class in 1on1s, but back then where S3/S4 warlocks could just tank S3/S4 warriors and had enough time to type out /lol and /yawn all you could say was "WoW PvP isn't about 1v1, QQ more".

Don't get me wrong I really like(d) my lock and I agree that there need to be some changes (even if it's just fixing that we have to start re-casting our dots before we even set them all, or make demonology atleast semi-enjoyable...reverting the retarded armour buff changes would be nice while at it) but putting it like warriors crit for 5k base and warlocks don't stand a chance against anything in PvP is just being silly. The class design is fail no doubt (a clothie without escape ability and only defense a 1.5 sec cast...gg) but it always has been and locks still dominated everything except rogues in BC (with proper gear of course). Either wait til you have decent PvP gear (even if 90% of you never will as it requires good ratings) to see how it is then give constructive feedback on the Blizz forums or just reroll DK or rogue and post youtube videos showing your SkiLLz.

Quote Originally Posted by AnArmedKurd
    The QQ in this thread is amazing. Everyone whines about not killing every class in 1on1s, but back then where S3/S4 warlocks could just tank S3/S4 warriors and had enough time to type out /lol and /yawn all you could say was "WoW PvP isn't about 1v1, QQ more".
    It amazes me that people post crap like this that just is not true. At lower arena lvls locks were good; definately better than the average class. However at higher levels, when gear became better and burst damage was increased, locks faced the same problems they have now. That is why you didnt see teams with locks at higher ratings. Now if you think about it logically if a lock cannot beat most classes 1v1 then when you have teams with a lock it hurts the team overall.

QQing is when you complain but there isnt a real problem with your class. Locks are facing a serious issue in terms of PvP that is compounded by homogenized resil gear. This is not a QQ thread
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Don't get me wrong I really like(d) my lock and I agree that there need to be some changes (even if it's just fixing that we have to start re-casting our dots before we even set them all, or make demonology atleast semi-enjoyable...reverting the retarded armour buff changes would be nice while at it) but putting it like warriors crit for 5k base and warlocks don't stand a chance against anything in PvP is just being silly. The class design is fail no doubt (a clothie without escape ability and only defense a 1.5 sec cast...gg) but it always has been and locks still dominated everything except rogues in BC (with proper gear of course). Either wait til you have decent PvP gear (even if 90% of you never will as it requires good ratings) to see how it is then give constructive feedback on the Blizz forums or just reroll DK or rogue and post youtube videos showing your SkiLLz.
    The only thing locks dominated in TBC is scrubs. Looks like even that might be taken away in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleKK
    Haha, your corruption ticks for 800 and you are complaining about other classes making too much damage. Damn, l2p and gtfo! What I want to say: Wait for S5-gear
    Lol idiot...he istantly hit him for 13k and u are complaining about a dot that ticks 800? You are the one who really needs to learn to play. Infact why dont u just delete your account thus making a greater good for wow society. Seriously if u dont have anything to say, then just stop acting like fucking idiots who "have" an opinion.. cause u suck lots !
    This user has been permanently banned from the forums for having severe social issues and being a jerk far too regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    It amazes me that people post crap like this that just is not true. At lower arena lvls locks were good; definately better than the average class. However at higher levels, when gear became better and burst damage was increased, locks faced the same problems they have now. That is why you didnt see teams with locks at higher ratings. Now if you think about it logically if a lock cannot beat most classes 1v1 then when you have teams with a lock it hurts the team overall.

QQing is when you complain but there isnt a real problem with your class. Locks are facing a serious issue in terms of PvP that is compounded by homogenized resil gear. This is not a QQ thread
    Uhm.. going by your theory there shouldn't have been any warriors rated higher than 1800 then, as warriors got pretty much pwned by every class 1v1 once they had enough resilience. And weird though that in my BG Lock/Druid were rank 3, and a couple of other Lock/Druid teams were quite up high aswell. Infact at about 2k was where me and my mate started seeing locks (that ruined our rating with their EZmode combo tbh).

@ asparagus:
    Well of course you needed to spec/gear decently, but I can imagine a destro lock in blue dungeon gear could be a pain to PvP with.

Uhm.. going by your theory there shouldn't have been any warriors rated higher than 1800 then, as warriors got pretty much pwned by every class 1v1 once they had enough resilience. And weird though that in my BG Lock/Druid were rank 3, and a couple of other Lock/Druid teams were quite up high aswell. Infact at about 2k was where me and my mate started seeing locks (that ruined our rating with their EZmode combo tbh).

@ asparagus:
    Well of course you needed to spec/gear decently, but I can imagine a destro lock in blue dungeon gear could be a pain to PvP with.
    No, a) warriors work differently than locks.
    B) Warriors didn't get pwned by every class 1v1, only by frost mages.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

How is getting hit for 13.4k in my resilience gear a 1v1 exclusive problem? Healers help but they can't do anything against getting dropped in exactly 4.5 seconds. I don't mind rogues countering warlocks but

1. I shouldn't be getting 3 shot in res gear. and
    2. rogues need to have counters themselves.

Since this is a game of counters, where's the class us warlocks get to drop in 4.5 seconds?

Now, I know getting hit for 13.4k by an eviscerate in my resilience gear was very surprising for me too when I stepped into my first 80 bg but these numbers are happening consistently. If you're skeptical and think that can't happen then I geniunely suggest you step into some bg's yourself.

this

give me the link to where you found this definition bc i believe that QQ is just any complaing regardless of what its about.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    No, a) warriors work differently than locks.
    B) Warriors didn't get pwned by every class 1v1, only by frost mages.
    A: You mean locks don't rely on being in melee range have the tools to controle a fight had roughly ~200 resil. more than warriors have talents to decrease the chance of being crit even further and could/can do fairly decent damage on two targets at the same time? Not to mention they took 23% (or 26?) more healing and if required could summon a voidreaver to reach the same melee mitigation as a plate wearing class and having more HP than anyone else. No, locks aren't/weren't compareable to warriors.

B: That only applied when the warrior outgeared everyone by atleast 2 tiers. Gives me the impression you got steamrolled by a lot of S2 warriors when PvPing in your shadoweave set.

I'd like to add that in the lock/druid combo the easiest target to kill was the druid. Now I think you'd all agree with me if I said druids were OP, so that should make you think.

@ Ofmanv:
    Tbh I think there's just something majorly wrong with the Rogue class in general. They have the ability to completely controle a player while having a shitload of burst. I don't think warlocks need talents to be able to deal with rogues (as that was what the insane amounts of resil etc were for wich gave locks godmode vs. anyone else) but Rogues need to be changed from how they kill stuff in PvP. If they need survivability boosted in return then who cares, but it always made me want to hurt somebody seeing as any half decent rogue could controle me from 100% til death despite PvP trinket.

I don't see warlocks weak at all imo. They are fairly tough, they have always had problams against Rogues, then again I've always believed Rogues honestly need to be smacked hard with the hurf bat, but this Rogue uberness was seriously going on since Beta back in 2004 and things havent changed yet so I doubt Blizzard will ever plan on changing it.

I havent really faced a Demon lock yet, but I do know thay can be a pain in the ass, as well as a UA/SL lock. What I tend to bump into a lot and are a little (ouch) are Aff locks, curroption ticking for 1.1k :/ siphon life for 480. Honestly I take a lot of dmg without realising it, and they heal more then healers do! a little too much imo with siphon life, Drain life (HOLY SHIT that heals good) and finaly Haunt which is a bitch!
    I've seen a duel with a rogue vs a warlock, funny how yes the rogue was the on enjoying the fight with pounding into the lock but..everytime I see the lock about to die it was like he would get healed back to full in seconds. this happened 3-4 times before the Rogue realised he needed better gear killing that raid boss and ended up losing to the oh so may dots.
    Hi

A: You mean locks don't rely on being in melee range have the tools to controle a fight had roughly ~200 resil. more than warriors have talents to decrease the chance of being crit even further and could/can do fairly decent damage on two targets at the same time? Not to mention they took 23% (or 26?) more healing and if required could summon a voidreaver to reach the same melee mitigation as a plate wearing class and having more HP than anyone else. No, locks aren't/weren't compareable to warriors.
    By fairly decent damage to 2 targets @ the same I am assuming you mean fully doting up 2 targets (which does take time, SL Corr & CoA would take 6 secs at best to have the three apllied to two targets under perfect conditions) and hoping they arent dispelled. Then waiting 24 seconds for them to cycle to actually doing the same amount of damage that a warrior in range can do in 3-5 seconds. Yeah I remember s3/s4 too. If any warrior while berserked is getting tanked by a lock without outside healing then they obviously didnt know their class too well. Also saying that locks had the same melee reduction as Plate is simply not true. I dont even think they could take demonic empowerment while SL/SL.

I would really like a voidreaver too. When did we get that? jk I know you meant voidWALKER

But argueing old hat when the times are completely different is a waste of time. The fact is melee are putting out considerably more burst damage and at a higher percentage than they were pre xpac. Plus locks no longer get the high stam PvP gear since its now homogenized. I dont know where the lock vs warrior comparison came from though. Its frost mages that really embarassed that class.

B: That only applied when the warrior outgeared everyone by atleast 2 tiers. Gives me the impression you got steamrolled by a lot of S2 warriors when PvPing in your shadoweave set.
    ROFLCOPTER

I'd like to add that in the lock/druid combo the easiest target to kill was the druid. Now I think you'd all agree with me if I said druids were OP, so that should make you think.
    Its a bad arguement.
    A resto druid by itself was harder to kill than a lock. Resto was OP, Rogues were OP. Locks were on par and still had their counter class.
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed

I've seen a duel with a rogue vs a warlock, funny how yes the rogue was the on enjoying the fight with pounding into the lock but..everytime I see the lock about to die it was like he would get healed back to full in seconds. this happened 3-4 times before the Rogue realised he needed better gear killing that raid boss and ended up losing to the oh so may dots.
    Ive seen bigfoot and I slept with Jessica Biel. Believe me?
    Definition of useless -

Deleted

Now, let’s think back a little to the start of TBC because some things are similar. People have zero or very little resi now, as they did back then, people are mostly running around in PvE gear as they did at the start of TBC.

The difference? Locks did fairly well before and in S1 but they get absolutely smacked now, even before S5 and upcoming melee scaling. Why? Because locks have been severely nerfed in comparison to all other classes now compared to the start of TBC.

Good against melee? No. Good against magic? No. Any new workable (lolportal) escape tools? No. Any tools against stuns? No. Do other classes deal crap loads of direct damage now compared to then? Yes. Do locks? No.
    Less armor than we had at 70? Yes. Less HP now than most other classes? Yes. Less overall survivabilty than at 70? Yes.

Same old melee assist trains? Yes. Add to that caster assist trains now? Yes.
    Draw your own conclusions about S5. It's going to get ugly.

By fairly decent damage to 2 targets @ the same I am assuming you mean fully doting up 2 targets (which does take time, SL Corr & CoA would take 6 secs at best to have the three apllied to two targets under perfect conditions) and hoping they arent dispelled. Then waiting 24 seconds for them to cycle to actually doing the same amount of damage that a warrior in range can do in 3-5 seconds. Yeah I remember s3/s4 too. If any warrior while berserked is getting tanked by a lock without outside healing then they obviously didnt know their class too well. Also saying that locks had the same melee reduction as Plate is simply not true. I dont even think they could take demonic empowerment while SL/SL.

I would really like a voidreaver too. When did we get that? jk I know you meant voidWALKER

But argueing old hat when the times are completely different is a waste of time. The fact is melee are putting out considerably more burst damage and at a higher percentage than they were pre xpac. Plus locks no longer get the high stam PvP gear since its now homogenized. I dont know where the lock vs warrior comparison came from though. Its frost mages that really embarassed that class.

ROFLCOPTER

Its a bad arguement.
    A resto druid by itself was harder to kill than a lock. Resto was OP, Rogues were OP. Locks were on par and still had their counter class.
    Lol oops I'm tired. Ok, so a lock in S3/s4 gear had roughly 23-24% melee reduction by armour, Soullink 20% and the VoidWALKER 10%. About 52% reduction is what my warrior had. Yeah SL/SL didn't have the best damage but over time it could get very evil, especially with CoT on the healer (my bad for not playing with a druid like anyone else facerolling to their s4 weaps I reckon). But yeah, old news, just trying to argue against the shadowlab nonheroic veterans claiming locks have always sucked.

I know it wasn't the best argument, but even as a rogue killing a SL/SL lock in 2v2 was quite painfull (double void, HS, drood hots coming out of every corner). Even me as paintrain warrior couldn't down them, not with heroism wf 5/5 flurry and 5 sunders + zerkers call trinket. Only hope was the druid would be dumb enough to get anywhere near us and then hope for some nice RNG pawnage, but yeah.

Lol oops I'm tired. Ok, so a lock in S3/s4 gear had roughly 23-24% melee reduction by armour, Soullink 20% and the VoidWALKER 10%. About 52% reduction is what my warrior had.
    actually its a 34% reduction to melee. Then of that damage another 20% is taken off.

For the sake of easy numbers lets say its 30% reduction from melee damage with Empowered Demon (which SL/SL could not take pre WotLK). 15k damage non mitigated becomes 12k. Then of that 12k 20% is diverted to the pet which brings it down to 9800 damage. Thats a big difference than the 54% reduction you quoted which would have brought the damage down to 7k
    Definition of useless -

A demo lock playing with his VW out is like an arms warrior using a shield. The loss of utility is extremely crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed

Here's a tip: Kill the pet.

Dots are easily dispelled or healed thru. Drain life due to fel armor changes is actually worse than TBC.

There are just so many ways to counter a warlock that anyone still running around feared like headless chickens need to evaluate their strategy or gear....l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by nosfero
    Lol idiot...he istantly hit him for 13k and u are complaining about a dot that ticks 800? You are the one who really needs to learn to play. Infact why dont u just delete your account thus making a greater good for wow society. Seriously if u dont have anything to say, then just stop acting like fucking idiots who "have" an opinion.. cause u suck lots !
    go home kid and reread. If I suck lots I would complain in a forum, whining about getting killed ;-)
    I even have a pro tip for you: shhhh, you are making a fool of yourself.

@Ofmanv: A warrior doesn't use his shield is a bad warrior. The problem is, you can't switch pets as fast as weapons ^^
    .... a spell for fastswitching pet would be really cool for a warlock :-)