Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: About Warlock pvp problems

This is a response to the 1st post, but most locks that I know have actually opted to level their alts and make these alts their main.

You can see lock pvp and pve ineffectiveness through the census too - both "across all servers" and on "individual servers" (at least the sampling I took). If you look at the percentage of 80 locks compared with the 70s prior to wotlk, the percentage has dropped significantly: 12% to 7%, where we are now the least popular class among experienced players (below priests and shamans). There will be a definite drop due to the addition of the DK, but we've lost much more share than the other classes.

Blizzard probably has much more accurate information, but if they are looking for empirical evidence, I would definitely look at census data.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Warlock: Meh, can't do much except fear you first...
    lol I know y you complain about wl. You even don't know your class. Pro tip: you have more then sl, corr, coa, drain life and fear
    deathcoil for cast interrupt, curse of tongues to slow down his cast and you can dispell your fear with your felhunter

another pro tip you should know as a pvp wl: Priest has Fear Ward, that's y "immun" is popping up ;-) so go home and l2p

edit: Spell Reflect costs 15 Rage and requires Shield and Battle or Defensive Stance.... this information was for free ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkengelion
    Ok, so far I've only seen lots of complaining and not a single bit of faith in your own class...what is wrong with you people or is this just a forum to post when your pissed off or something???

For example...battlegrounds arent really pvp...dont take your experiences from there, for 90% of time atleast you will be facing numerous opponents, rarely you will get a chance to duel or so, or if you do some lucky healer runs to aid the poor opponent or something similiar...In those situations Im just enjoying I know I would have won without the other one interrupting...this has happened dozens of times.

Take a moment now...even you Terry-whatever who think you are the creator of Warlocks or something...yes you have some good points but you've fallen to the same apathywell as all the others. Why give up? Why don't you use your time bit better and think and figure out what you could have done differently? Hell, when I see a situation I wont be afraid to use soulshards to prevail.

There is allways a way to go around the problems...think about it for a second...If you have problems with melee classess(not talking about rogues here) maybe you shouldn't be close to em. I really dont find problems against warriors, hunters or deathknights...paladins are the same when their precious bubble wears off...that is same as dead.

In s3 I played mostly with a boomkin cause it was fun. It was not the easiest setup to go on with as those who have played same setup knows. But hell, that setup has ultimate cc rotation... Numerous times we have met this so feared druid + warrior and most of the times the warrior went down before the druid even noticed what was going on. And no, our opponents werent noobs..they were usually better geared. We never went to the top teams just cause our setup had so little chances to beat priest+rogue teams...I believe theres no reason to start explaining why not

I can also state that im not a average player...but yes...im better than average and worse than the best atleast. Atleast I've never given up, never...and never will do. Rerolling to something else only cause you cant prevail in some situations as good as you would like to. Ive been warlock since the game was released and nothing will get me to reroll, only real class for me.

So why don't we just wait a bit...for like february and look then how the things look like?

Flame mine comments if you want, I dont care a bit...just hope some of you do realise whats the life like...

Playing games should make you happy, not pissed. If you lose...improve yourself or uninstall the game and do something else...

you cant possibly think that the game is all about winning and losing...narrowminded thinking. If that is what you want go play some "one handed thiefs" or roulette, black jack...etc.

We got problems...so do every other class...even rouges...
    Are you joking.... I pay to play this game.... I want my moneys worth now.

It is way past time for us to wait. Most of the people on this forum have been looking at how classes have progressed during the beta of wotlk. I have been waiting for half a year, and you want us to wait more.... NO!!!

On a side note... why would I re-roll... Im 1 out of 2 locks in my guild. At least i can enjoy getting gear and a spot easy in raids.

PVP... we are the most broken class in WoWs history. Worst its ever been.

I've played a Warlock since the games release, and my entire focus has been PvP since I started. I earned Gladiator in S2 as SL/SL, and Gladiator in S3/4 as destruction. After playing many BG's, and skirmishes vs my other friends that are Gladiators, I decided to re-roll a Death Knight. I leveled him to 80, and got him the full set of blue PvP crafted gear with a Titansteel destroyer. When I'm in BGs, the easiest class for me to kill, hands down, is a Warlock. I will go out of my way just because it is so easy. It doesn't matter what cooldowns a warlock pops, he has no chance at winning.

I'm going to wait until a major patch that fixes the class to play my lock, in the meantime, I'm shooting for first DK with S5 shoulders

I just wanted to comment on something I saw the OP mention and I see a lot of people complaining about lately. What I am talking about is the current state of PVP and how the lack of resilience is greatly affecting/scewing perception of things.

520 resilience at level 80 isn't really good at all, contrary to what some would believe. Just from the blue set of PVP gear at 80 with the trinket/ring/cloak/neck you will have close to 500 resilience. This isn't including ANY gems or enchants, nor the bracer/belt/boots. That's easily another 100-250 resil.

This is mostly in the blue set.

Move up to the Hateful set and you will be sporting about 50 more resilience. Go up another step and that's 50 more on top of that.

My point? You are looking at roughly 700+ resilience at level 80 in "decent" gear. 800+ res in the best PVP gear. Of course this isn't even mentioning your hp which I am sure if you are wearing level 70 items, even PVP ones, will be MUCH lower than it is at 80 in PVP gear. Hell, i threw on my PVP gear which is mostly s4 and I had 5k less hp than I do in my level 80 PVE crap!

If you are wearing level 70 epics to PVP in you are lacking around 200-300 resilience, and easily 8k+ hp compared to what you would have in the level 80 PVP items. It's basically like if we were all 70 again and you were wearing 2-3 pieces of arena armor and that's it. Stop judging how good your class is in PVP based on current conditions, where some major hunks of the final equation are missing.

Also locks stop complaining about rogues, get over it already. They are the rock to your scissors. All classes have it.

Ex gladiator rogue said the same thing.... And a warrior.... And about 3 druids.... Even a shaman.... Oh, let's not forget the 2x DK's....

locks are free HK's, spec really isn't an issue, and its only getting easier for them as their gear improves.

I don't buy the "give us 600 resil and live will be merry" one bit. Our pets will scale to zero of it. Our survival is based on the pets. Meh...same old story. I think blizz wants to have proof that we are the most broken score by some arena rating census database before giving us ANY help.

Consider this GC....if PVE content is cleared/farm and PVP is broken what is keeping people playing? For me...not much. Fix the class before I find something better to do w' my time like my fiance in more positions than my lock has been bent into by melee since S3. Too many new games, too many other things in life to deal with the failure or prejudice of the devs.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Lol, I love how locks are somewhat underpowered atm- before ANY level 80 PVP gear is available and BEFORE ANY real arena has taken place- and they are already throwing a hissy fit. Classy QQ if I do say so myself.

Oh noes, you guys have sucked since s3!? Try sucking at PVP the ENTIRE TIME TBC was out! Trying being a ret pally and havig NO RESILIENCE on your PVP gear for 2 seasons. Try being a feral druid, enh shammy, or spriest and getting dominated cause you lack tons of tools to make you viable in arena.

It simply amazes me how people can cry so much and make false promises to quit the game, especially BEFORE the season has even started. Have all of you locks somehow got 700 resiliene and other level 80 PVP gear and played the game 6 months in the future so you know you will suck then when things are actually TRYING to be balanced?

Ok, so far I've only seen lots of complaining and not a single bit of faith in your own class...what is wrong with you people or is this just a forum to post when your pissed off or something???

For example...battlegrounds arent really pvp...dont take your experiences from there, for 90% of time atleast you will be facing numerous opponents, rarely you will get a chance to duel or so, or if you do some lucky healer runs to aid the poor opponent or something similiar...In those situations Im just enjoying I know I would have won without the other one interrupting...this has happened dozens of times.

Take a moment now...even you Terry-whatever who think you are the creator of Warlocks or something...yes you have some good points but you've fallen to the same apathywell as all the others. Why give up? Why don't you use your time bit better and think and figure out what you could have done differently? Hell, when I see a situation I wont be afraid to use soulshards to prevail.

There is allways a way to go around the problems...think about it for a second...If you have problems with melee classess(not talking about rogues here) maybe you shouldn't be close to em. I really dont find problems against warriors, hunters or deathknights...paladins are the same when their precious bubble wears off...that is same as dead.

In s3 I played mostly with a boomkin cause it was fun. It was not the easiest setup to go on with as those who have played same setup knows. But hell, that setup has ultimate cc rotation... Numerous times we have met this so feared druid + warrior and most of the times the warrior went down before the druid even noticed what was going on. And no, our opponents werent noobs..they were usually better geared. We never went to the top teams just cause our setup had so little chances to beat priest+rogue teams...I believe theres no reason to start explaining why not

I can also state that im not a average player...but yes...im better than average and worse than the best atleast. Atleast I've never given up, never...and never will do. Rerolling to something else only cause you cant prevail in some situations as good as you would like to. Ive been warlock since the game was released and nothing will get me to reroll, only real class for me.

So why don't we just wait a bit...for like february and look then how the things look like?

Flame mine comments if you want, I dont care a bit...just hope some of you do realise whats the life like...

Playing games should make you happy, not pissed. If you lose...improve yourself or uninstall the game and do something else...

you cant possibly think that the game is all about winning and losing...narrowminded thinking. If that is what you want go play some "one handed thiefs" or roulette, black jack...etc.

We got problems...so do every other class...even rouges...

GEE WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT. IF MELEE IS KILLING ME JUST STAY AWAY!! O WAIT I TRIED TO DO THAT IN BC AS WELL AND JUST ENDED UP BEING A HEALING SINK IN ARENAS WHILE A ROUGE AND WARRIOR RAPED MY IN 7 SECONDS. Moron.
    Moron scams someone by pretending to be a WoW GM, and records video evidence that includes his name AND realm of this ToS Violation.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_WWE5ajdjXI

Ouch, this fire burns my hand. Maybe I should keep my hand in it till it runs out of oxygen.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

here is a link to a video just posted on this site.... http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=30639.0 or its a link to the forum where the video is the OP. i LOL'ed a few times...... but it does seem like some of the harder fights where the 1's with the warlock meta.

You know what amazes me? All these Tards in here saying wait till the PVP gear comes out. You know when this gear does come out Blizzard is not making SPECIAL warlock specific gear. Every class is getting this gear. So it will be just as difficult. The damage will scale right along with the resilience. We need something to change with PVP survivable not just some resilience.

A bit harsh but have to agree those arguments don't make too much sense. They only make sense if there is asymmetric scaling of resilience. Too bad I wasted all this time getting to 80.

And the gear has already been tested on the beta and as i personally played a premade lock on beta can say that it was the exact same as it is here without the S5 gear
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    Lol, I love how locks are somewhat underpowered atm- before ANY level 80 PVP gear is available and BEFORE ANY real arena has taken place- and they are already throwing a hissy fit. Classy QQ if I do say so myself.

Oh noes, you guys have sucked since s3!? Try sucking at PVP the ENTIRE TIME TBC was out! Trying being a ret pally and havig NO RESILIENCE on your PVP gear for 2 seasons. Try being a feral druid, enh shammy, or spriest and getting dominated cause you lack tons of tools to make you viable in arena.

It simply amazes me how people can cry so much and make false promises to quit the game, especially BEFORE the season has even started. Have all of you locks somehow got 700 resiliene and other level 80 PVP gear and played the game 6 months in the future so you know you will suck then when things are actually TRYING to be balanced?
    The difference being everything you mentioned was a spec not a class. They had the option to switch to another spec that was more PvP viable. Locks do not have that option
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

I just wanted to comment on something I saw the OP mention and I see a lot of people complaining about lately. What I am talking about is the current state of PVP and how the lack of resilience is greatly affecting/scewing perception of things.

520 resilience at level 80 isn't really good at all, contrary to what some would believe. Just from the blue set of PVP gear at 80 with the trinket/ring/cloak/neck you will have close to 500 resilience. This isn't including ANY gems or enchants, nor the bracer/belt/boots. That's easily another 100-250 resil.

Move up to the Hateful set and you will be sporting about 50 more resilience. Go up another step and that's 50 more on top of that.

My point? You are looking at roughly 700+ resilience at level 80 in "decent" gear. 800+ res in the best PVP gear. Of course this isn't even mentioning your hp which I am sure if you are wearing level 70 items, even PVP ones, will be MUCH lower than it is at 80 in PVP gear. Hell, i threw on my PVP gear which is mostly s4 and I had 5k less hp than I do in my level 80 PVE crap!

If you are wearing level 70 epics to PVP in you are lacking around 200-300 resilience, and easily 8k+ hp compared to what you would have in the level 80 PVP items. It's basically like if we were all 70 again and you were wearing 2-3 pieces of arena armor and that's it. Stop judging how good your class is in PVP based on current conditions, where some major hunks of the final equation are missing.

Also locks stop complaining about rogues, get over it already. They are the rock to your scissors. All classes have it.
    Excuse me, I made this topic way before S5 came out today. My point was 520 resilience was acceptable for pre-season 5 and I have much more resilience now and guess what, I still get crit for 13k+. I don't care what level of resilience you have, 13k+ shouldn't be possible unless you have tenacity. Even if I was resilience capped that would only bring it down to 12k.

Is getting eviscerate crit for 12k+ in capped resilience honestly acceptable to you? Sorry, it just isn't for me.

Not to mention everyone else is getting more dps and resilience on their gear to combat locks. Locks don't get to have S5 gear and fight everyone else in S4 gear.

Whoever asked how stunlock is different from fearlock, locks don't have any nukes that do 13k.

Hmmm...rogues have been getting buffs in pvp for several patches even in pre-wotlk for stun..while our fear got nerfed but yet you (assuming you are a rogue) complained about our fear, how is that any different?
    Second is all class atm are rocks to our scissors (which are very dull)

Oh, and about this part specifically. I just have to say 'lol'. This is the worst argument you could possibly make. Rogues can faceroll on their keyboard and counter any class. I don't care if you're fighting a arms warrior, feral druid, w/e, you are a sad excuse for a rogue not to counter anything that comes your way.