Adrick

QQ from a Gladiator! Spriest

Seriously blizzard

I'm so curious wtf they are thinking. Spriest in pvp, I feel like a fuking windbag, aka elem shaman, or dare I say Lock (don't worry I DO feel for your class at this point). Anyone have any blue post on what there doing because I search for threads pertaining to changes and nerfs. I know lots of wow players are pvemo. But I actually dig a challenge, one that hopefully a human can give not a puzzle (C'thun, best puzzle in the game). Don't worry I've done Naxx felt like I wasted my time. Spriest in pve are getting the BAT. 2630 dps and still wearing blues???? Then I get raped in bg's. PvP life, pls riddle me this and give me something I can use. I have heard things are balanced at pvp geared epic levels. High res going to solve problems? I'm at 320 atm. I'm afraid its melee or nothing at this point.

Re: QQ from a Gladiator! Spriest

Your post don't make much sense. Please take some time to rewrite it, add paragraphs and other formatting to make it readable.

If I get your point, you're agreeing with the rest of us about how much shadow is gimp in PvP.

Deleted

I am not quite sure what you want from us.
    So, your text is a puzzle we must solve?

l2play in bg's then maybe you wont get raped

320 res, u know the cap is like over 700 now right? thats like going in arenas/bgs with 150res @70, ofc you'll get squished! duh

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

If I get your point, you're agreeing with the rest of us about how much shadow is gimp in PvP.
    I think you're correct. I guess it means more coming from a "Gladiator" though, and his post on these boards will make Blizz change the game.

Adrick

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Your post don't make much sense. Please take some time to rewrite it, add paragraphs and other formatting to make it readable.

I will say I love this forum. I do tend to forget the brains I'm dealing with and I have horrible times relaying my thoughts. I'm normally the top of all but heals in BG's its not like I suck (2200+ 2v2, 5v5 S1 S2 S3). I'm trying to be just in the fact that I see problems where there are so many classes thought overpower everything that I can do even done at the right time. PvP is all I crave being that its a Great chess game via counters to what people do if done right. I feel underpowered when there is nothing I can do to counter Multiple classes doing a lot of different things. I also skirmish a LOT. Arena is a huge problem. If blizzard just looks at BG's spriest are fine. If I have someone focusing me I'm an HK.

k I just made a paragraph right? Still anyone have info on upcoming things aside what is on this site I can pay more attention too?

Adrick

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    I think you're correct. I guess it means more coming from a "Gladiator" though, and his post on these boards will make Blizz change the game.

Sorry I don't want to give off a feeling of arrogance or anything. Gladiator means less and less with people piggybacking. I was merely trying to use that to bypass all the lr2play (Believe me I can play.)

Problem is, it's such a generic post. I'd expect 'Gladiators' to have a far greater insight into exactly what's causing the problems.

First off, who's your partner? makes an enormous difference. I may be disc, but if I came here saying my team just couldn't kill anything, and it turned out I partnered a Holy Pally then people's input would be a whole lot different than if I partnered a Rogue.

Second, are you struggling to take people down, or only struggling when focused by two rogues with all their cooldowns up? If you're feeling like a free kill to melee, do you have a partner that understands the concept of peeling? Any clothy is going to struggle at low resilience levels if they get focussed by a double DPS melee team and their partner can't lift the pressure.

You'll remember in old S1, Paladins were kings and noone really cared about durids or disc priests. It was only into S2 when resilience capped out that Durids and Disc priests gained their noteriety for sponging damage as HoTs and instants became capable of dealing with incoming mitigated damage.

What spec are you running with?
    What partner (team) are you running with?
    What gear are you wearing?
    Where exactly are you struggling compared to S4?

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Adrick

Guess I'm gonna wait for more res. It's hard to get used to a rerolled toon. My gladitor had 495 res & 12.5k unbuffed. I vividly remember soloing 2 to 3 of anything even during s3. He was a tank and it's hard for me to wrap my head around being the bottom of the barrel.

So far as partners. Rogue is what I will run in 2's. It's just smarter. 2200 S1 with a hunter I think is out of the question.

I will post again when I have 6-700 res and see if things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry
    320 res, u know the cap is like over 700 now right? thats like going in arenas/bgs with 150res @70, ofc you'll get squished! duh
    Resi cap is 1320 atm

Dont know if anyone else agrees with me but what worries me most is the looks for S5 for priests .. i mean seriously why do mages / locks / shamans get all the love in the "graphical design" of items? Wtf is that head piece? and the shoulders?@#!@ S4 and S3 had the best looks ( priest speaking ).

Now, to comment this thread. From what i did understand from the guy's QQ thread is that pvp priest wont be viable in arena.. Well dear friend. U need to do what u do in real life... Find a way to survive! Spriests rock as long as u can play them right!

Tip: U can heal ur self, dispell ur self, fear ward ur self, disperse ur self etc etc !
    This user has been permanently banned from the forums for having severe social issues and being a jerk far too regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by nosfero
    Tip: U can heal ur self, dispell ur self, fear ward ur self, disperse ur self etc etc !
    Not to go wining about how priests get raped in bg.. but uuhm ^^
    With my priest, I entered BG once (nearly full lvl 80 pve epic).. the things you say are true but with 6k shieldbashes and paladins that basically nuke you down instantly (not to even start about rogues and druids and hunters.. nvm :P all dps*, healing is kinda useless.
    I have tried it, and it was either healing and dieing slowly, or forget about the healing and try to nuke the target down, with a little luck the second works.
    Then there is disperse, a true pve skill. While using disperse, we are unable to cast (including healing). This skill is just for mana regeneration, or a last save for when you are desperate.
    This skill is going to rock in arena, but barely anyone has lvl 80 pvp gear at the moment (besides greens that can be crafted and the one set item and drops from archavon). so it is useless ^^

Spriests are kinda vulnerable at the moment, but rest assured season 5 will bring nice pvp gear and makes us survive all dps and nuke you down!

Just my 2 cents.
    ~Xinzo
    -

I don't like it how pvp works out in favor of melee. They have nearly everything required to disable the caster. Kick, Pummel, Silencing Shot, Strangulate.. all spammable abilities that prevent casters from doing anything. I wouldn't wonder if S5 was full of double melee dps teams with paladins and DKs owning the bracket.

PvP needs fixing in terms of nerfing melee's abilities to nuke AND prevent casters from doing anything at the same time or we're looking at yet another fail such as S4.

Come to think of it.. from a pvp perspective.. while nearly every melee class.. (and caster classes for that matter) have a way to silence or "counterspell" casters and thus making them unable to act.. while no casters can do the same to melee classes?

Either it be through putting all/some abilities on a cd, or having some way to disarm them (which would work much like silence)..

And on top of that, melee classes get a talent somewhere, that reduces disarm time by 50%, while the talents to reduce silence time is like 20% tops.. and some times no more than 15% (like with shadow priests).

Quote Originally Posted by Uhuuu
    Come to think of it.. from a pvp perspective.. while nearly every melee class.. (and caster classes for that matter) have a way to silence or "counterspell" casters and thus making them unable to act.. while no casters can do the same to melee classes?

Either it be through putting all/some abilities on a cd, or having some way to disarm them (which would work much like silence)..

And on top of that, melee classes get a talent somewhere, that reduces disarm time by 50%, while the talents to reduce silence time is like 20% tops.. and some times no more than 15% (like with shadow priests).
    Roots? Slows? And in the case of SPriest - fear?

A rooted melee isn't going to hurt you much (unless you for whatever reason stand right next to them and don't move away) more than you hurt people while silenced (you can wand, they can possibly use ranged weapon). The only class with no counter is actually Hunter - doesn't suffer from silence, and can DPS just fine while rooted. ^_^

"PvP needs fixing in terms of nerfing melee's abilities to nuke AND prevent casters from doing anything at the same time or we're looking at yet another fail such as S4."

Casters kinda nuke better than melee most of the time... and even though it's harder to do, kiting and rooting melee can prevent them from doing anything for a longer time than interrupts.

lol gladiator

Disperse a mages deep freeze shatter combo... he will hate you until his next frost nova. Get a dispel glyph... heal for 1200+ each time you dispel.

Adrick

I've done more research , need opinions. http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=30683.0