Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Deterrence - sigh at the developers

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti
    You clearly havent ever PvPed as a Hunter (especially on higher ratings) did you?
    Where do you see me asking for a I.WIN.BUTTON? Im clearly stating that new deterrence is not the skill that will fix us (and we got way too many skills at our disposal) and its so far their great idea how to fix us in PvP. The Deterrence that was in beta was way better imo - close to same effect, but allowed to move and deal dmg.
    Now we get DMG nerf (still very low burst) and get this.
    If Id want a IWIN button Id be all for Cheetah without daze effect - and as Ive wrote earlier this is not the thing I want implemented.
    This is what I will tell you...

It is the FIRST implementation of a new ability to TRY to fix hunter survivability issues. If it isnt enough I am sure Blizzard will look into things further.

But If you dont want that ability give it to any other class and they will be happy to use it in your stead!
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Ah..I think I have missed the original point of the OP entirely.

Yeah, that does kind of sucks. But hey, look at it this way--Deterrence was working like that for a while in WotLK beta already. And I'm not sure how Dispersion works, but I'm pretty sure it's not parrying, so I doubt they will negate any DoTs put on them before, etc. (Non damage magical effects would also work, I presume.)

Oh well...

Deleted

I played pvp as survival hunter on a private server, and deterrence was quite a decent tool as it was, I dont see why we needed more survivability (well i'm speaking 'survival' hunter here ;D), I've been able to kill three mages at once, so spells werent a problem for me. Just wyvern sting one, frosttrap (one of em was stupid enough to run close to me), and LoS kill the third, and if one got free i popped readiness and he was back in cc.

Same for melee, when one came close i popped feign death, detterance wingclip and was out of range in notime.

I wasnt to happy when they swapped detterence with scatter shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shjade
    Stop. All other classes?

Here's a chart of class abilities. I would like you to take this chart and circle the class abilities for warlocks and priests that allow them to do anything resembling increased movement speed, much less as much speed as you get out of cheetah. What the hell, throw mages in there, too: teleporting isn't technically increased movement speed. (Ever seen a mage blink and still be stunned on the other end from lag? It's hilarious.)

Take your time. Don't worry, I'll wait here.
    Mages have Blazing Speed. Whether you like it or not, it IS a speed bonus, that in all regards to the topic, is ALWAYS up. I've yet to hit a fire mage without this damn talent proccing.

(Coming from a lock and priest)

We have other ways to slow down a running person. Curse of Exhaustion, Nightmare, Fear, Howl of Terror, Felguard Charge, etc. Priest have Psychic Scream, Mind Flay, Blackout (which is awesome with Mind Sear... which lags the fuck out of my computer I might add), Divine Hymn, which whether you guys want to admit it or not, ROCKS for a trainable skill.

Other classes typically have 1-2 things. Warlocks and Priests have more. AND Priests can heal and shield themselves <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    AND Priests can heal and shield themselves <_<
    Whoah....

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    "Must be facing the target" ... "Cannot Move"

I'll blink and own em from behind..
    They can move
    lol, people said the same thing about dispersion for a week x)
    And as said by the blue, Deterrence will probably be changed to not having to face the target.

You guys missed the point of my post completely. This is not the hunter forum :b

Quote Originally Posted by snugglepuff83
    what we need is to remove the daze effect from cheetah and pack...all other classes have 15-20% increased movement without beong 100% dazed this would give is some chance to get away from melee range....hamnsting deaths grip chill etc and wed be catcheble anyway...but having to be at range to hurt opponents suck when they also move faster than us we have to get an advantage in this cuz wel be dead once they get close to us anyway
    Cause hunters are lacking in ways to maintain range?

>_>

As for the rip off of dispersion.... No doubt some hunters will use it and use it well....

Mages have Blazing Speed. Whether you like it or not, it IS a speed bonus, that in all regards to the topic, is ALWAYS up. I've yet to hit a fire mage without this damn talent proccing.
    Still its something that has to proc, ie no control over.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfoot82
    Still its something that has to proc, ie no control over.

It procs every freaking time though, just like improved ice armor. I know it all too well from pvping with my rogue. Ice mages frost you in like 1-2 seconds of autoattacks, and firemages get blazing speed in about the same time.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Guess Hunters are now officially no longer one of the first classes to be focused in arena.

Feign Death, Deterrence, Beast Within, Traps/Freezing Arrow and in many cases the new Shadowmeld too.
    Those abilities combined with a healer will make hunters nigh impossible to kill. It's going to be like a rogue, but with no CD on vanish.