Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

Quote Originally Posted by Eka
    Uh.

You dont spec for trash, or at least, you shouldn't. If a warrior is worrying about max AOE potential, they should go reroll to an AOE class, because thats not what fury is about.

Raiding is also about the boss fights, not the trash. You can basically close your eyes and blitz through trash. So I respectfully dissagree with you, trash rotation IS all about cleave/WW though. But specing for trash/AOE is bad.
    this is simply not accurate any more, there are plenty of boss fights where aoe damage is important, specifically heroic anub 25 man.

I am also curious how the cleave / ww spec lessesn your single target dps any?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

I lol at people who use a rotation. This is the priority system:

Single target: Keep BT on cooldown. Keep WW on cooldown. When both are on cooldown you use your Slam! proc. HS as a rage dump.
    Two targets: Keep WW on cooldown. Keep BT on cooldown. Cleave. If you don't have any rage problems at all, use Slam! procs, otherwise you're better off using Cleave.
    Three targets or more: Keep WW on cooldown. Cleave. BT as a rage dump. Slam! as a rage dump.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto
    this is simply not accurate any more, there are plenty of boss fights where aoe damage is important, specifically heroic anub 25 man.

I am also curious how the cleave / ww spec lessesn your single target dps any?
    Obviously it isn't the case anymore, hence the date of my post, almost a year ago. Things do change, the post was accurate then, it is not now. Although there is a difference between trash, and boss fights with additional mobs.

Im currently running with this spec http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhbf0fhZhxf0icu0eRVzAo and before you say "lawl enrage is terribad", it does help with ToC fights, it procs all the time.

I switch my cleave with rend glyph depending on the fight. I do just fine single target dps.

Deleted

Obviously it isn't the case anymore, hence the date of my post, almost a year ago. Things do change, the post was accurate then, it is not now. Although there is a difference between trash, and boss fights with additional mobs.

Im currently running with this spec http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhbf0fhZhxf0icu0eRVzAo and before you say "lawl enrage is terribad", it does help with ToC fights, it procs all the time.

I switch my cleave with rend glyph depending on the fight. I do just fine single target dps.
    Would you mind posting a WOL log of enrage 'procing all the time'? Becuse well, I do not belive you.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    Would you mind posting a WOL log of enrage 'procing all the time'? Becuse well, I do not belive you.
    Of course you don't, no one trusts anyone else online, e.g. the obligatory "SS or it didn't happen". I didn't ask you to believe me either. I don't care if you believe me. Its a personal preference to spec enrage for the time being. Give it a try, or don't, but don't rely on a log to prove a spec, cause I don't have one. Yes there is some RNG involved, but what isn't RNG anymore.

Deleted

Of course you don't, no one trusts anyone else online, e.g. the obligatory "SS or it didn't happen". I didn't ask you to believe me either. I don't care if you believe me. Its a personal preference to spec enrage for the time being. Give it a try, or don't, but don't rely on a log to prove a spec, cause I don't have one. Yes there is some RNG involved, but what isn't RNG anymore.
    You said "all the time", which is a figure of speech, sure, but I still assume it means alot. Now, let's look at what AOE can proc enrage (not sure if it actually can, just gonna list AOE's in ToC):

Ground Stomp, or whatever Gormak uses.
    Sweep, worms.
    Whirl/Stomp, Icehowl.

Jarraxus: I suppose being hit in the face with a chain flame thing might trigger enrage.

Faction champions: Can actually see a potential benefit here, altho I still doubt it.

Twins: Does the ticking thing trigger enrage? Besides that, maybe on vortex where you can squeeze out a few seconds of combat time with enrage active, maybe. Maybe balls aswell.

Anub'arak: I very much doubt Leeching Swarm triggers enrage.

This is why I doubt you, becuse there's so few things that can trigger it to begin with, which is why I'm simply asking you to put some more meat on your argument, if you don't want to, that's OK aswell.

Uh.

You dont spec for trash, or at least, you shouldn't. If a warrior is worrying about max AOE potential, they should go reroll to an AOE class, because thats not what fury is about.

Raiding is also about the boss fights, not the trash. You can basically close your eyes and blitz through trash. So I respectfully dissagree with you, trash rotation IS all about cleave/WW though. But specing for trash/AOE is bad.
    you do realize that fury is probably the BEST class for aoe with 2 adds ie anub25 kologarn, mimiron 3rd phase, even the twins tanked closely and the worms tanked closely. you can constantly spam cleave and WW and even throw BT in there occasionally.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryu
    you do realize that fury is probably the BEST class for aoe with 2 adds ie anub25 kologarn, mimiron 3rd phase, even the twins tanked closely and the worms tanked closely. you can constantly spam cleave and WW and even throw BT in there occasionally.
    you do realize that the post you quoted is almost a year old??

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    A macro I have used for all my attacks is as follows

#showtooltip abilityname
    /startattack
    /cast abilityname

That is it.

It just makes sure you are atleast auto attacking a mob when switching targets. Other than that 4 buttons shouldn't be hard to manage.

Oh and its spamable cause /startattack doesnt toggle your auto attack on and off, only on.

edit: just found this through google, necro post 4tw!