Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Goodbye 0/41/30. GG Blizz :(

I'm with you V. I can go a few days without playing, but when I do I want to stay up all night and clear Naxx25 in one go.

I was under the impression that the content-clearing guilds all spec'd a Destro or Demo/Destro hybrid due to the debuff limit and consistent output. Affliction = spikey if you don't have the rotation down.

But that was just an observation, and not a fact.

R.I.P. YARG

I personally despise the fact that blizzard has out right said that destro was more of a fire build and Aff was the shadow build and demo was the half n half with a pet. When I think warlock I think dark magic dots or shadow bolts, not a another damn fire mage. Each spec is viable yea sure, this is dependent on alot of things, gear, xp, stats yadddah yaddah yaddah... I just hate how they decided to generalize and make crap like Fire and Brimstone... just kinda annoying....
    I am too old to argue with trolls on the internet, but dammit I can't help myself some days

Quote Originally Posted by Killamonjaro
    Finally settling with 0/41/30 because that one talent increasing crit was the only thing keeping me on par with any of the other dps.
    Um...ever try Afflic, I'm usually #1 or #2 and I don't have amazing gear yet...

Hey guys, if you check the blue tracker, you'll see a post from GC in the damage-dealing category stating that the changes to Demonic Knowledge and Demonic Tactics will NOT hit live.

That is good news, hopefully it is true.
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

The change has apparently been pulled back so no nerf....YET. The fact that this was the first thing they tried scares the shit out of me. Let's me know they are on the complete wrong track for our class. Did they first buff our pets to survive in PVP or give us some help there? NO, they went for the nuts of one of the few ways demo can be viable. They did buff chaos bolt which tells me they knew it was very underwhelming for a 51 point talent. Why they didn't do anything about the deplorable fire and brimstone.... They didn't fix affliction's shadow embrace bug so you can still only have one afflock in a raid. We are still over a barrel itemization wise due to spirit, crit, haste, dmg, hit, stam/stats.... If they doubled demonic resilience (or tripled it for the pet resilience part) that would help alot in pvp but no...let's take their crit AND dmg that will make things better in pvp. 100 dps is too much for a pet in pvp. Clearly the demo lock who specc'd demo to buff the raid was doing too much friggen dmg at T9 simulation. He still can't do as much for the raid as an ele shammy but who cares....he did dmg therefore must be nerfed 6 months before that content is a reality. How about fixing things that have been a problem for 6 months or more NOW? I'm happy they pulled back on the nerf but the fact they didn't touch anything that is a huge problem and went for the few things that are barely keeping us raid viable has shaken my faith in the blizz team and lock as main.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    The change has apparently been pulled back so no nerf....YET. The fact that this was the first thing they tried scares the shit out of me......................... I'm happy they pulled back on the nerf but the fact they didn't touch anything that is a huge problem and went for the few things that are barely keeping us raid viable has shaken my faith in the blizz team and lock as main.
    Holy shit Watson I think we've got something!
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

I can't be sure, but I think it went like this.

"OK guys let's put these notes out!"-Blizz in tie
    "And the lock stuff?"-GC
    "Thats not done yet, just put in some concepts we never finished from a few months ago that we had on BETA."-Blizz in tie
    "OK!"-GC

Minutes later.........

"The interwebs has exploded with angry and frightened warlocks!"-GC
    "Quick, issue a statement saying we aren't doing what we said we were going to do and make the tears stop! But then actually leave the changes in the PTR, just so they think we are doing some work."-Blizz in tie

So its clear that they hear us. Deep down they just don't care. It's thier game and they do what they want, tough for us no point in complaining really.
    My question is, if these changes aren't going live what is the point of having them on the PTR at all? It would have been better to never mention these changes in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not a warlock, but personally I've been smashing many of your kind in BG's, so even I gotta say this nerf really wasn't necessary. I play an ENHANCE shaman, one of the most gimped PvP specs of all, and still killing locks hasn't been that hard..
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I'm really not one for conspiracy master plans against us but there are times I do feel like there is someone of influence on the dev team who just friggin hates warlocks. Want to get ahead at work at blizz? Bring up how warlocks should be nerfed, find a really painful nerf, and get a raise or some boss rep gain. I'm somewhat kidding but the standard of what is "OP" for us and anyone else is equivalent to arming a soldier w' a plastic spoon then saying b/c he broke it and used the sharp edge to kill someone he is now "OP" and must have the broken plastic spoon taken away. Nevermind his opponent has full armor, automatic weapon, nightvision, etc...

User has been banned permanently for trolling.

I am not sure if maybe i have jsut been playing with a bunch of tards but who ever said 41/30 was not a "srs raiding spec" is dead wrong. I have been topping charts in 10 man naxx for the past 2 weeks. It does make me sad though becuase i only put out 2200 dps and i only have 1 epic drop from heroics and naxx. Now i know people tell me to run more heroics and stuff but i do. I just never win a roll. i run about 3 heroics a day unless i raid. But either way i am still in 4/8 tier 6 with capped hit 35% crit with destro spells and 2k SP. Once i get tier 7 gears

wonder if the topic maker know they have made a blue post about they are not nerfing us, it was something they where testing out, but its not going live, atleast not the nerfs, the others things where right as far as i know

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1339...emonology.html

15+ Year Old Account

I am not sure if maybe i have jsut been playing with a bunch of tards but who ever said 41/30 was not a "srs raiding spec" is dead wrong. I have been topping charts in 10 man naxx for the past 2 weeks. It does make me sad though becuase i only put out 2200 dps and i only have 1 epic drop from heroics and naxx. Now i know people tell me to run more heroics and stuff but i do. I just never win a roll. i run about 3 heroics a day unless i raid. But either way i am still in 4/8 tier 6 with capped hit 35% crit with destro spells and 2k SP. Once i get tier 7 gears
    thats the mainflaw with Demo, it's easy to be around 3000 dps but to get the extrabit above that is a struggle for me, I just experienced demo/destro hybrid as a good "early on spec" when jsut dinged 80 and with heroicgear, but it get surpassed by affe/destro a bit later into the lvl80
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I specced 41/30 last night for Naxx (10man). I thought the spec was awfull for several reasons:

i) Low DPS (2200)
    ii) Having to move pet from AOE
    iii) Less uptime

now before all the lovers of this spec flame me let me just point out whey my DPS may have sucked.

i) I dont know how to play the spec (I think I do but may have got it wrong)
    ii) The group I was in - No Pala for might, No Shammy, No Warrior and no Ret Pala means no pet buffs other than + health
    iii) My gear is better suited to Destro that I normally please (30/41) (2200+ Spell Power with 22% crit)

I think the spec is below par and needs buffing if anything. Nerfing this spec would be rediculas in opinion!!

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Padraigo
    Destro was made to be more fire because pre Wotlk, fire builds werent very viable, and shadow bolt was always number 1. We have had 2 types of spells, shadow and Fire since the beginning. When YOU think warlock you think shadow, well that is only half of the real warlock in this game.
    If you dont want to be a "damn fire mage", Dont go destro, go affliction for your dots and shadow bolts. Fire needed love and it got it.
    No kidding? and here I played pre-bc and didnt even notice on my lock, thanks for pointing that out.
    I am too old to argue with trolls on the internet, but dammit I can't help myself some days

15+ Year Old Account

pet management is pretty easy tho, bind one sidekey on ur mouse to passive and make a macro that first cast immolation then petattack and problem solved.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Today i was sitting with my friends saying how awesome and fun it was to raid with my felguard that i never was able to use in BC.

And then i come home and see this shit!
    seriously blizzard wtf? I was actually doing nice dmg with this specc. Also alot of fun dealing with my pet to avoid aoe. Now i will have to go to this increadible boring affliction specc. Yes ive tried it, and i hated it. I never even saw the boss. I was just starring at my timers to get the dots on. Affliction was probably abit better dps then 0/41/30. But not close to as fun.

Btw gherkin, how much dmg u put out when ur a dps is a big issue.

15+ Year Old Account

having a pet to control bring so much fun indeed. its just sad that the fun gets negated by the simplicity of your spells
    immo, incin*x conflag, restart
    about as boring if you use dots instead of destro

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    having a pet to control bring so much fun indeed
    quote indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumber
    See you say that yet the comparisons are not equal. Mages have a CC ability, Shamans now have a CC and are able to Off-heal in a pinch. Locks have... DPS, and really DPS only.

Since Wrath I have had A LOT more problems getting into raids/heroics simply due to my EQUAL dps. Why would a group leader with given the choice between a Lock, Mage, and Shaman have any reason to take a Lock now?

If anything Locks should have a slight DPS advantage over every other class to make up for our lack of utility.
    Lack of utility? You've got to be kidding me. You have several raid wide buffs. You can say some other class can bring the same, but that goes for every other class now pretty much. You have soulstones, healthstones to pass out, and I've seen banish used more often than sheep in this xpac. You were THE dps caster in TBC PvE. It was always better to bring another lock if the old "bases" were covered. I'm sorry a lot of people got used to the amazing synergy between spriests and locks (and with each other), but now you're back to a slightly changing equal field with your fellow dps.

You're in the same boat now that really anyone trying to dps is in. With Shamans, DKs, Paladins, Priests, and Druids able to properly dps, there is just a lot more competition for a couple spots.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC