Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

VW or Imp? (Desto question)

For soloing/leveling, which pet should I be using? I've tried both, and get my butt handed to me just as many times with both on my lock.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Re: VW or Imp? (Desto question)

Even if you are overgeared, leveling as destro is a bad idea, way too much downtime.

I think the only possible way to lvl destro is demo sac. since it does still exist and sac ur VW NOT ur Felpup. I know the felpup gives u mana but the vw gives u health which as a lock u can turn into mana and drain life to make up for overtapping. L2 love fear. this was how i farmed with no downtime at all in BC. But mobs hit harder in WOTLK or so at least it seemed and lots of undead so the best spec i found looked like this
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbhrhoVZ0gIzsg0iccMz

At lvl 71 u'll want the full demo points and passing up nightfall, 2/3 points in supression and shadow mastery, adding thos points as u go.

note: I am not the person who came up with this spec and like a million locks have used it to lvl so far... oh wait there aren't a million locks anymore, we currently fund the DK population =p
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I read up about that spec V, and I just have never been a huge fan of split specing. I guess time has just ran out for me with my warlock

And, yes, I'm sure the lock population is now helping fuel the DK population. (along with fotm retnoobs who rerolled at 3.0).

Thanks for everyone's input.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I feel ya on the hyrbridish speccing. tbh i cried when i put my points in and picked up failguard..... I hate him soo much =p
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

I've never really liked the demo tree at all, but the fact is, the felguard does decent dps and can offtank for you without using up your own mana, and the VW will let you solo group quests involving elites 2 levels higher than you with 150,000 HP.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Merc1138
    I've never really liked the demo tree at all, but the fact is, the felguard does decent dps and can offtank for you without using up your own mana, and the VW will let you solo group quests involving elites 2 levels higher than you with 150,000 HP.
    True. If you aren't Demo, your voidwalker is useless. I can pull aggro with just Corruption.

Hopefully the buff to Torment will allow me to solo ZG.

R.I.P. YARG

For soloing VW will be your best choice in my sight. I actually soloed with my Felgaurd and was able to take out elites with 120k of health myself. This being done at lvl 77. I soloed all of the group quests throughout my journey to lvl 80. The best spec for leveling is still Affliction/demonology.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc1138
    Even if you are overgeared, leveling as destro is a bad idea, way too much downtime.
    Nah, my t6/sunwell warlock tears through mobs like nothing with only occasionally stopping to bandage myself.

"failguard" has allowed me to solo 5 man group quests on my lock. with imp healthfunnel just make sure u dont pull aggro and u can solo just about any elite... im sure u could do the same with VW. if u must let him just attack for 30 sec with only using health funnel for him to build threat.

YOU ARE ALL WRONG ABOUT LEVELING AS DEST!

I can honestly say this cause I did it.

1st..yes its not the most mana efficient

2nd..pre-wotlk you spent alot of down time, that has changed. Since the change of fel armor tap once while running to next mob you are good to go.

3rd..Use voidwalker they increased his threat capabilities recently, and I can still pull the mob yes, but it is alot tougher.

4th..I can say this also for the lower levels, I run my lower level with a friend's lock and I have a hard time killing the lock's mana even when I just stand there and do nothing. I run from mob to mob.

5th..Most people advocate leveling one way, because that is what they have heard not what they have done.

6th..The individual asked a destruction question not to an advocation to another spec.

I leveled all of the new content as destro fire with my imp and had no problem at all. I switched from affliction around 65 and have never looked back. During leveling I found soul leach especially handy. I never had to stop to eat/drink until every 8th to 10th mob.

I levelled as demo however I cannot see why destro levelling is not plausable. Yes demo is the easiest levelling spec - no doubt about it, doesn't mean the other tree's can't do it tho

I leveled 70-80 as demo sac. Sacced my puppy and would kill things before they got to me. You get health back from felarmor and destro talents so yeah health was never really an issue unless you tried to take on more one at a time.

I leveled from 70 – 80 as Fire destro (T5/T6 badge gear) with the Succy out and hardly ever had any problems with down time.

Mobs will die in 2-3 shots and the Succy IMO is one of the best pets to level with since she is able to temporary-tank mobs and can CC very effectively if you have a macro for her. She also does decent damage.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."