Fatherohealy

CoH Nerf: 6 sec CD vs Party specific

So for WotLK Blizzard decided CoH should be a smart heal instead of party specific. Why? I have no idea. I don't remember any priest really asking for this and its obvious the spell would be OP in that form and that's exactly what happened.

Now blizzard realizes it's a problem of their own making and to fix this problem, instead of putting the spell back the way it was, they decided to keep it a smart heal and put a 6 second CD on the spell. I'm not really happy about this. In my opinion using a smart heal is just boring. At least when it was party specific there was some slight skill and strategy involved in deciding which party needed to be healed the most and which could wait. Instead its now a face roll heal with a giant CD (compared to it's previous instant cast).

CoH wasn't broken in TBC. Blizzard broke it for no reason in WotLK and their solution is to nerf it by 400%? Lame. Agree or disagree.

Re: CoH Nerf: 6 sec CD vs Party specific

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherohealy
    So for WotLK Blizzard decided CoH should be a smart heal instead of party specific. Why? I have no idea. I don't remember any priest really asking for this and its obvious the spell would be OP in that form and that's exactly what happened.
    I remember alot of priests (terrible priests) that were QQ'ing because Chain heal auto-targetted and Circle didn't.

The whole rest of your post has been discussed and rediscussed like 9 times in the past three days, and Divine only knows how many times since Alpha. But we'll adapt, and we'll get over it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I remember alot of priests (terrible priests) that were QQ'ing because Chain heal auto-targetted and Circle didn't.

The whole rest of your post has been discussed and rediscussed like 9 times in the past three days, and Divine only knows how many times since Alpha. But we'll adapt, and we'll get over it.
    Kudos on having already taken part in this discussion endlessly the past 3 days. I have not. Instead of your /end thread type comment perhaps you can go elsewhere and take part in a discussion new to you.

Now blizzard realizes it's a problem of their own making and to fix this problem, instead of putting the spell back the way it was, they decided to keep it a smart heal and put a 6 second CD on the spell. I'm not really happy about this. In my opinion using a smart heal is just boring. At least when it was party specific there was some slight skill and strategy involved in deciding which party needed to be healed the most and which could wait. Instead its now a face roll heal with a giant CD (compared to it's previous instant cast).

CoH wasn't broken in TBC. Blizzard broke it for no reason in WotLK and their solution is to nerf it by 400%? Lame. Agree or disagree.
    Their excuse for making it a smart heal was to prevent raid leaders from situating parties. Now with this change, we will be using PoH and needing to have parties adjusted accordingly. They made it WORSE by forcing us to be in specific groups now.

Kudos on having already taken part in this discussion endlessly the past 3 days. I have not. Instead of your /end thread type comment perhaps you can go elsewhere and take part in a discussion new to you.
    Or maybe instead of wasting everyone's time, you can go and look back a page or two and find another topic just like this one?

Quote Originally Posted by darkstorm87
    Their excuse for making it a smart heal was to prevent raid leaders from situating parties. Now with this change, we will be using PoH and needing to have parties adjusted accordingly. They made it WORSE by forcing us to be in specific groups now.
    You mean with Hymn of Hopelessness, Vampiric Embrace, Mana Spring/Tide, lolynova (etc.) we already weren't pigeon-holed into groups?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    They really should work on eliminating party only spells and buffs completely. . .
    Why?

Maybe a glyph is a solution... if you can't please everybody give people the choice.
    Glyph of Circle of Healing (Sounds lame but)

- Glyph Adds a "Smart Healing Effect" but increases the cooldown by 6 seconds

only skill required was to arrange the raid into neat little 5 person boxes of tanks.... melee...ranged...healers.

and besides you now have access to your other spells if you still have them dragged onto your action bars ?

PoM and SoL are your friends.

and Buffed 6sec CD smart-healing glyphed CoH STILL beats CH.
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

While personally I don't think just slapping a CD was the answer, COH was completely OP. Period.

An arcane blast debuff might be a better solution, but its TOO EARLY to tell. Lets try it on the PTR and see if 25-Malygos is impossible. Or if Loetheb is that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Or if Loetheb is that hard.
    CoH on Loatheb Oo, we've only used PoH. CoH is to weak on shadow dmg.

93% of Online Percentages are made up. :P

I made a CoH build yesterday and went to do 10 heroics as healer

Besides from it being a challenge (specially the first 1-2 heroics), and very fun. I also realised CoH is really overpowered.

With the 6 second CD we'll have to use renew, PoM, shields, and specific targeted flash heals more.

Personally, I did try and only cast a heal each 6th second when doing heroics, so I could regen mana.

Ofcource you can't save insanely bad pulls with crazy CoH spam anymore, and it won't make AoE stuff so trivial. But I think it's allright.

4 seconds had been better though.

Quote Originally Posted by kleksiq
    CoH on Loatheb Oo, we've only used PoH. CoH is to weak on shadow dmg.
    Time a ProH correctly, you can get off 2 COHs on top of it.

blues have stated that they want to remove "party concept" from raids totally
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned
    blues have stated that they want to remove "party concept" from raids totally
    Raidwide VE?

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Time a ProH correctly, you can get off 2 COHs on top of it.
    In theory yes, in real world no, unless you're under some sort of haste effect that lets you squeeze all that in 3 sec window.

Now blizzard realizes it's a problem of their own making and to fix this problem, ...
    u know what happend to warriors mh?
    blizzard is so shamed about the plenty warrior "changes" that they arent listed anymore in the old patchnotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    What's the worst thing about playing a Paladin?
    Having to tell your parents that you're gay.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    In theory yes, in real world no, unless you're under some sort of haste effect that lets you squeeze all that in 3 sec window.
    Timing a ProH is fairly easy, watch the debuff, time it so it lands right. As soon as the spell completes your GCD is already over, so be spamming COH while the castbar is filling for ProH. Then hit it again after the other GCD is down, should be before the debuff hits again- as a holy priest you likely have between 7-10% haste, so your CD is reduced.

Though once they introduce a 6 sec CD, you'll only get ProH + 1 COH. Totally doable. If you're worried about the MT, put a priest in the MT group so ProH hits them.