PTR: Reflective Shield nerf?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Reflective Shield now only works on the Priest."
    How does this make sense? ...my disc-twink is still 70 and Reflective Shield to cast on others was fun, sometimes, but over all very expensive for 3 talentpoints. And it was never strong enough on myself.

Maybe Blizzard should just cut down everyone to their level-one skills or no skills at all and have us fight naked. Hey, at least make Shadowstep just work under water, make paladins die when using bubble and stance-change work only out of combat indoors.

Sorry, but that game becomes more and more obscure. Just a few further changes and we have some kind of 'Wold of Pokemon'. ???

Two years of Reflective Shield and byebye. Maybe devs have had too much electric shock therapy lately??

Any comments?

Re: PTR: Reflective Shield nerf?

That does seem weird...makes me wonder in what situation it was being viewed as OP...but it isn't in the official patch notes, just the undocumented stuff...so maybe it is a glitch? The undocumented stuff is from data mining right? If they borked something and broke it, the data mining might have noticed the change.

15+ Year Old Account

It's not a nerf per-se. It is making the tooltip stating what the bug does. At least since WotLK reflective shield only did damage when cast on the priest himself. So instead of fixing that buff those lazy bastards just said "it is intended LULZ". Basically.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Something else to consider, that in a PVE situation, this talent is a waste of 3 points in an already bloated talent tree. PVP... thats something a little different, but in PVE.... no.

Decent for grinding to 80. Decent in PvP. Sucks monkey balls for raiding.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Sry, but who cares if you like a talent or can't find a way to use it? - It's 3 talent points for as little as nothing now and blues freakin' around...

Reflective shield now only works on the priest
    We have long term plans to let you cast it on others again but it would require rebuilding the spell, which takes some tech we don't have available at the moment.
    Funny. No short term plans for any workarounds to free those three talentpoints and i.e. make reflektive shield work for any priest instead?

Sounds like a joke that at last software developement became a reservation for those with cognitive dissonances...

<No short term plans error>... starting long term developement plan... please stand by... calculating position in waiting loop...
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie
    Reflective shield now only works on the priest
    We have long term plans to let you cast it on others again but it would require rebuilding the spell, which takes some tech we don't have available at the moment.
    Funny. No short term plans for any workarounds to free those three talentpoints and i.e. make reflektive shield work for any priest instead? - Sounds like a joke that at last software developement became a reservation for those with cognitive dissonances... ;-)
    I think you missed the problem. According to Blizzard, a short-term workaround would require a tech fix, i.e. a tweak to the code.

THIS JUST IN: When you have a large project like this, it's more or less impossible to just make one small change and not effect anything else. It's not so simple to just jump in, change a few lines, hit compile, then come back in a few hours and distribute the new binary.
    Especially with something on WoW's scale, even making a 'small' change would require a lot of testing to make sure nothing bad happened by accident, i.e. some other piece of code was changed and forgotten about.

Also, developers are not programmers.
    Chances are, there are no programmers dedicated to WoW; WoW is a completed product, why have people devoted to WoW while their time could be better spent on a new project? Exactly. There are most likely just programmers on other projects, who coincidentally worked on WoW in the past, and all of the code changes are done by them. I wouldn't be too pleased if someone took me from my current project, just to make a small fix in some code.

Just imagining how many lines of C++ WoW is made of makes me sick. There's just no way fixing a bug/changing pretty much any part of the code is an easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    I think you missed the problem. According to Blizzard, a short-term workaround would require a tech fix, i.e. a tweak to the code. [...] Just imagining how many lines of C++ WoW is made of makes me sick. There's just no way fixing a bug/changing pretty much any part of the code is an easy task.
    Okay then, so they failed in software development requirements. /agreed :-\

they should have at least 2 people devoted to it....to fix random crap. itd still be a full time job. normally one person would be devoted to a very specific part of the code but i can imagine having 2 people decent at all aspects of it. idk...

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders