Thread: Soulfire

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soulfire

Can it finally get a buff? I believe its spell power coefficient is 115%, 4 sec cast (talented), and uses a soul shard. Or maybe have a glyph that buffs it.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Re: Soulfire

I do understand what you are saying, I have seen somewhere that blizz would like us to put in our rotations but to say the least it is not feasible with current gear or damage.

Soulfire is already an amazing spell, its cost is dirt cheap, and it hits very hard. Whats holding it back from becoming our go to nuke is the shard cost. If they make a glyph it will either not remove the shard cost so its kept in check, or it will remove the shard cost with some kind of nerf, possibly a cooldown so that you can only cast it 1 time while you have backdraft.

its post like the above poster that really make me question things. Personnally my soulfire is exactly if not a slight percentage les than, my chaos bolt. My chaos bolt hits for around 4k and crits for around 8.8 - 9.5 ( more with full raid buffs). When im bored and i go around using the soulfire it hits for 3.8ish and crits for only 8k. I saw utube vids of warlocks hitting like 12k in wsg with it, and that was at lvl 70, maybe im missing something? i see this spell as pointless in my current set up

Quote Originally Posted by Bambikiller
    its post like the above poster that really make me question things. Personnally my soulfire is exactly if not a slight percentage les than, my chaos bolt. My chaos bolt hits for around 4k and crits for around 8.8 - 9.5 ( more with full raid buffs). When im bored and i go around using the soulfire it hits for 3.8ish and crits for only 8k. I saw utube vids of warlocks hitting like 12k in wsg with it, and that was at lvl 70, maybe im missing something? i see this spell as pointless in my current set up
    They mostly hit warriors in bersi stance with the berserker buff (both) so he does ~50% more dmg, and all possible buffs. I think there were ~10k Crits on 60 already ^^

15+ Year Old Account

yesterday evening i tried a thing: i was at patchwerk and during heroism, i saw that all was up, trinket, molten core, and i used Soulfire; i got 2 times a 12k crit, so not bad at all.

let's hope that blizz will buff it, or remove the shard, so maybe we can use it on the rotation.

even with a 12k crit, dps wise i don't see it being viable to spend 6 seconds on a cast that is only 1/3 the damage out put as a critting chaos bolt with the same scenario yet the chaos bolt would only cost u 3 seconds. i know that casts times would be less for certain people with certain specs, and i don't have my game open right this second to check on my personal cast times but i think its, accurate.

I personally would like to see something like what a shaman has now. Flametongue and it guarentees the crit of lavaburst ( again i think this is correct), make it so that if u have immolate up on the target u can cast soulfire and make it do double damage or guarenteed crit or something of the similar. therefore making the spell more enticing to use in such battles as Lothab or Patchwork.

i only see the spell being viable atm in pve, cause who really gets 6 seconds to stand around to casts a spell in pvp? therefore a damage increase would make it really really nice. and if u could actually get the cast off in pvp, before u get, kicked, pummelled, silenced, earth shocked, feared, counterspelled (am i missing any), yadayadayada , then god bless u and i think u should be rewarded for your luck/planning and get a damage increase bonus, like a warrior proc's sudden death. Nothing like an instant 10k crit from an arms warrior as soon as he charges u.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bambikiller
    dps wise i don't see it being viable to spend 6 seconds on a cast
    4 Sec cast talented fyi
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

ok, but if im not mistaken if u spec that, ur also reducing cd on your chaos bolt, therefore reducing the cast time of that too, siiigh im going to actualy open my game...........(insert pause here).... right now not being specc'ed for shorter casts my CB takes 2.3 seconds to cast and my SF takes 5.55. specc'ing for it would make CB 1.8(ish) and my SF 3.5(ish) having haste change slightly. Still SF is 2x the cast time of CB, longer cd, and minimal damage output increase

What kind of soulfire are you using? Destro soulfires are 4 seconds long, with bakdraft its even quicker! Its a meltin spell no doubt... the only problem is its hard using it in PvP when u have OP deathknights

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakastan78
    What kind of soulfire are you using? Destro soulfires are 4 seconds long, with bakdraft its even quicker! Its a meltin spell no doubt... the only problem is its hard using it in PvP when u have OP deathknights
    but backdraft make CB even faster, i understadn that as CB's cast time gets short and shorter, haste and draft and other cast speed effect will have less of an effect on it then it would say SF. but till that point whats the point? Destro SoulF. are only 4 seconds if spec'ed for it.

I don't see dk's being any more of an issue in this spell then any other class with spell stoppin/interupting spells

Soul Fire = weakened chaos bolt + reagent cost. DCPT count is lower. DPS is lower (everything that buffs SF buffs CB).

Not specced detro, though, I would still use it for PvP (best burst damage we have). Is there a Soul Fire glyph? I saw someone post elsewhere there was one but Ive never seen it.
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

i'm using destro in arenas, soulfire only with backdraft and seduction, if not is pointless, 4 seconds casts is a horrible cast most classes are able to counter this with silences, blink through you, being at your back... bubble,iceblock.... tons of things
    www.xaximbo.blogspot.com Warlock Theorycrafting mostly focused to PvP, i want to know your opinion!

in pvp is cool in pve its a dmg loss

I'd like an instant and shardless from backdraft procs....PVP destro help big time. You burst me, I burst back.... If execute on chance of hit isn't OP then this shouldn't be either.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    I'd like an instant and shardless from backdraft procs....PVP destro help big time. You burst me, I burst back.... If execute on chance of hit isn't OP then this shouldn't be either.
    two wrongs don't make a right.

Blizzard have to look deep into these things people assume is simple, if they see a need for a warlock to give a better dps output in raids, while warlocks are powerful enough in PvP, they can't just buff a spell simply, it would effect PvP as well which only makes an already powerful class more powerful then you hear the whine and finaly get a nerf that would be a lot worse then a poor 12k critting SF.

Think of it this way, backdraft reduces the cast time of an already powerful spell, the damage coeffecients of a SF is far above a CB, since 3.5 second cast time = 100% coeffeicint last I knew. a 6 second cast time would be? 115%? maybe more? which means, maybe you CB starts with a higher base dmg but eventually with gear (even ignoring haste) just damage you will see you SF hitting harder and harder. at this point a good destro lock can do decent damage, stay along with the top dpsers (sorry it's not about spamming SB and be 15% above second person). A good PvP destro lock can honestly give anyone inc rogues hell! they have an incredible and out of nowhere bursts, more so then fire mages now, with things like conflag, and the fact that curroption now is instant which can increase your fire dmg by 10% while its doing its own damage, shadowburn (which does more damage then a fireblast, and is the reason for the shard), backlash, shadowfury.

Instead of finding a way to get more I win buttons, learn to use what you have, I've already seen deadly as hell destro locks even if I don't like admiting it myself :P
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed
    two wrongs don't make a right.

Blizzard have to look deep into these things people assume is simple, if they see a need for a warlock to give a better dps output in raids, while warlocks are powerful enough in PvP, they can't just buff a spell simply, it would effect PvP as well which only makes an already powerful class more powerful then you hear the whine and finaly get a nerf that would be a lot worse then a poor 12k critting SF.

Think of it this way, backdraft reduces the cast time of an already powerful spell, the damage coeffecients of a SF is far above a CB, since 3.5 second cast time = 100% coeffeicint last I knew. a 6 second cast time would be? 115%? maybe more? which means, maybe you CB starts with a higher base dmg but eventually with gear (even ignoring haste) just damage you will see you SF hitting harder and harder. at this point a good destro lock can do decent damage, stay along with the top dpsers (sorry it's not about spamming SB and be 15% above second person). A good PvP destro lock can honestly give anyone inc rogues hell! they have an incredible and out of nowhere bursts, more so then fire mages now, with things like conflag, and the fact that curroption now is instant which can increase your fire dmg by 10% while its doing its own damage, shadowburn (which does more damage then a fireblast, and is the reason for the shard), backlash, shadowfury.

Instead of finding a way to get more I win buttons, learn to use what you have, I've already seen deadly as hell destro locks even if I don't like admiting it myself :P
    Im sorry but what destro lock destroys rogues in arena? You mean the rogue that stands in front of a destro lock, visible, and lets the lock get off DD after DD?

Yeah im sorry but no destro is killing a rogue unless the rogue fell asleep at his comp
    Definition of useless -

Strange that you call SoulFire a weaker Chaos bolt when it is critting for 12k while my chaos bolt crits for 7k-8k

2 second cast versus 4 second cast... lower DCPT and takes a reagent
    Definition of useless -

Backdraft/Bloodlust makes it worth it, Im still going through test, but since I started using it my dps jumped up 300 and yes the Requires a Soul Shard part does suck. Not going to argue with you there.