Glyph of Curse of Agony

i've seen several posts saying this lowers the dps of Agony, and what im wondering is ... how?

im not debating that it does; merely wondering why this is the case, when in the past, mechanics that have added ticks to DoT's have made them more powerful (Imp Shadow Word: Pain, of old) by basically adding damage to the spell AND upping the coefficient of the DoT.

so does the Glyph lower the dps but up the dpct? or what?

some theorycraft and/or math to better make me understand would be much appreciated.

I dont have the glyph installed, currently running Corruption/Siphon Life/Immolate.

thanks

Re: Glyph of Curse of Agony

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42456#comments

I dont buy their arguements though since in my view, 2 average ticks = 1 weak + 1 strong. It grinds out to be the same with the exception of certain "boundary conditions" in which case it may be 1 weak above or 1 weak below.

its a better ?

less time recasting agony = win

The only argument I see has to do with things dying before the final ticks. Any fight 24 seconds or shorter is pretty negligable. It's a worthwhile dps increase in any fight that matters.

15+ Year Old Account

To make it simple for everyone. The only usage of Agony glyph is to simplify cyclemanagement. It not a major dps increase.
    SL / immolation are the glyphs to pick if you'r after damage increase. If you feel the agony one simplifying things for it then go for it.

I've seen som many locks that pick only damage glyphs but suck at keeping a good cycle up, the prio are:

If your a player that find cycles hard, you pick runes that make it easier for you, agony, maybe even UA
    Then and only when you'r good at your cycle you start stacking glyphs that increase damage.
    Annoying that some players I've seen don't understand that no matter what glyphs they got, if they got a glitchy cycle it wont give good damage no matter what.

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    To make it simple for everyone. The only usage of Agony glyph is to simplify cyclemanagement. It not a major dps increase.
    SL / immolation are the glyphs to pick if you'r after damage increase. If you feel the agony one simplifying things for it then go for it.

I've seen som many locks that pick only damage glyphs but suck at keeping a good cycle up, the prio are:

If your a player that find cycles hard, you pick runes that make it easier for you, agony, maybe even UA
    Then and only when you'r good at your cycle you start stacking glyphs that increase damage.
    Annoying that some players I've seen don't understand that no matter what glyphs they got, if they got a glitchy cycle it wont give good damage no matter what.

ive never read something that took so long to say nothing on.

coa glyph is a dps increase. the time it saves you on a recast is a direct increase in dps in every way around. use it unless your not casting coa on boss fights.... trash means nothing just shadowbolt and call it a win

Actually its not an increase, its a loss. It give more average tics and less high tics overall. It does make rotations easier for those having problems managing theirs. For them it may be a DPS increase but only because they havent gotten their rotations down. For those not having rotation problems its a dps loss.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

The commenters on wowhead write that this glyph adds to average ticks to the beginning of the spell, but after I put it in my spellbook and tried it out on the test dummy in ironforge, I observed it putting the two extra average ticks in the middle in my combat log. I got rid of it; does anyone still have it inscribed who can confirm how it actually works?

15+ Year Old Account

exactly, its pointless for locks that already handle the cycles well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.