Page 1 of 2
LastLast

any plans to change fishing?

I leveled fishing 1-375 on my priest all at level 70, and it sucked. However, I like the easy mode farming of primal water from it, and semi-easy way to get spell damage food. I'm switching my main, and I do not want to level it all over again. I don't know who agrees with me or not, but I was just curious if blizzard was thinking about changing it in anyway.

Re: any plans to change fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    I leveled fishing 1-375 on my priest all at level 70, and it sucked. However, I like the easy mode farming of primal water from it, and semi-easy way to get spell damage food. I'm switching my main, and I do not want to level it all over again. I don't know who agrees with me or not, but I was just curious if blizzard was thinking about changing it in anyway.
    i havent heard of any fishing changes but since food isnt bop you can still fish and cook on your priest and send it to a diff char. i have the same problem and im not goin through reskilling fishing
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Deleted

That's just another example why ppl hate casuals, or at least those "pretending" to be one.

You want the simplest things even more dumbed out for you.

What's the problem of taking half to one hours ingame time now and then and go fishing when you're idling in a town anyways?

Or why didn't you skill it back then when you were leveling your char? Or did you powerlevel your char in a week? :

Fishing has become so easy compared to the old times, when you actually had to go to some remote places to catch any fish that gave you a skill up. Now you can even go from 1-375 in OG, SW or any major city given enough willpower to stay on it.

To answer the question, I think that they made it even a little easier to level fishing in WotLK requiring less casts now. It may have been implemented in 3.0 but not sure since I have been maxxed on fishing for quite some time.

Any plans to change fishing?

Source: http://eu.blizzard.com/blizzcast/archive/episode4.xml
    Yes. It's something they're considering. No information on what those changes might be and absolutely no information on when you might see them. Don't expect anything till well after the launch of WoTLK.

I got addicted to WoW fishing a LONG time ago.
    Now got 8 alts that spend at least 10mins fishing each day.
    All of them have leveled fast, especially if u combine it with Old Ironjaw (for ally) achievement.
    Stormsfury - Retadin

Quote Originally Posted by No_Saints
    That's just another example why ppl hate casuals, or at least those "pretending" to be one.

What's the problem of taking half to one hours ingame time now and then and go fishing when you're idling in a town anyways?

Or why didn't you skill it back then when you were leveling your char? Or did you powerlevel your char in a week? :

Fishing has become so easy compared to the old times, when you actually had to go to some remote places to catch any fish that gave you a skill up. Now you can even go from 1-375 in OG, SW or any major city given enough willpower to stay on it.
    im not pretending to be casual. all im saying is that fishing (like IRL) is just plain boring/frustrating. compared to the other secondary skills, its a royal pain the ass to level. and no i didnt skill it up while lvling because getting to 60 at the time was more important to me. i would rather get into MC than wait an extra couple weeks to have fishing at 300 and do MC.

and btw, this wasnt really a QQ/cry idea, i was merely curious as i stated to begin with...

not new to the game, i just saw fishing as absolutely worthless at 60, so i didnt lvl it.

Deleted

all im saying is that fishing (like IRL) is just plain boring/frustrating.
    Well, at least it's realistic then.

And since you find fishing IRL boring, I don't assume you do it too often.
    Then don't in-game

Quote Originally Posted by Okage
    To answer the question, I think that they made it even a little easier to level fishing in WotLK requiring less casts now. It may have been implemented in 3.0 but not sure since I have been maxxed on fishing for quite some time.
    If they don't reduce the number of casts to get it up you won't see very many fishers at max level in wrath for a while

Quote Originally Posted by No_Saints

I disagree.

Theres plenty of better ways to spend your time than to sit on a chair and spam your fishing macro for freaking hours especially if you have done it already on different character. Don't go blaming if someone cba fishing in og in order to get the skill leveled up. In fact theres plenty of doing ingame also that is far more interesting than staring at your fishing bopper for hours.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiw
    If they don't reduce the number of casts to get it up you won't see very many fishers at max level in wrath for a while
    If only 0.05%% of the playerbase is like me, they will be very soon, actually.
    I really want my professions, Pri- and Sec- to be maxed out ASAP

Fishing is brainless and stupid, thank god it's easily automated. Fishing is not a challange and is not fun, but that doesn't mean I think they should change it. It's a reward to people with patient or programming skills (please ban people that use premade software).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    thank god it's easily automated

(please ban people that use premade software).
    Care to explain the first sentence in the above quote?

Fishing is fun, because its time you spend relaxing from the stuff that pisses you off. So you don't go to the forums and whine like a little girl. You fish ingame chat with your friends, listen to some music and catch some fish you can sell for quite some money as well (if you bothered lvling it)

As for not seeing maxlvl fishers.. like hell you wont. Im guessing the HC fishers will be max lvl in about 6-8 hours, ofc depending on server stability. At least myself ill be trying to get 450 fishing server first. Yes im a geek, but its better then powerlvling to 80 and missing all the awesome quests Northrend has.

Say i spend many hours developing a fishing software myself, and for myself. (I find this interesting, and i put effort into it). Some other lazy people download autoit and a script and get max fishing level that way - the later i have no respect for. The best would of course be if it wasn't as boring and predictable that it could be automated, because in general every aspect of the game (or any other game) that a computer can do better/faster is to me broken. I have yet to see a bot level as fast as a human or grind nodes as fast, hell create a pvp bot no such things exist.

Oh well maybe I should mention that the software should of course only use what is also available to a human player, that means the visual and sound output of the game not, looking in memory locations that shouldn't be looked in.

Easy automated, could be something like this
    Pseudo code:
    Code:
    1. Aquire a steam of images from wow
    2. Select a portion of the image where the blooper is most likely to be found
    3. Search for the blooper (this can be simple or advanced, simple = color matching, more advanced (slow) and robust could be shape). 
    4. When the blooper is found move the mouse
    5. Search for blooper movement (again several approaches are possible) 
    6. When blooper movement is found click and loot
    7. Throw the blooper again and start over

I heard somewhere that the casts needed to level fishing are getting reduced by over 3 times. 400-450 is going to be about 4-5 casts while 325-375 will be like 3-4 casts.

Deleted

I leveled my fishing when the cast time was 30 seconds and it took 10 successful ones to get a single point past 300 skill.
    So I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with the current 20 seconds cast and 3-4 catches per skill point up to 450.

Also, no more motes from pools that I've seen.

Most motes are coming from mining or engineering now. Everything except life can be gotten from ore veins or clouds. Life is still an herbalist thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizenji
    sorry but nobody did that
    I did raise up fishing while leveling a long time ago.