Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kajak

@ All

These professions are not something that should make or break you during raiding. If your raid leader gets that deep into it, then either your guilds dps sucks, your dps sucks, or you just have a mule for a raid leader and should find a new guild.
    Or perhaps you're going for world firsts, where that extra 6,000 damage over the course of a fight makes or breaks whether you get it or not. Most of us have had those wipes were you lose the last person while the boss has 20k hp left.

JC can give 96 spellpower with 3 gems vs 57 spellpower from regular gems.

Keep in mind that the gain is more than 39 because the gems are prismatic, which allows you to get those two blue sockets needed for the CSD requirement.

I believe in Blizzard's eyes, they felt JC was in-line with the other professions because it did fall in the 37-39 Spellpower range that BS, Inscription, Leatherworking, and Enchanting all do, but most min/maxers put 0 value on stamina, so the net gain is upwards of 50 spellpower, hence why so many picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by streamster
    Just wait tailoring may suck now but when your trash farming or maybe even doing 25 man raids in the future and the best cloth caster thing in the game drops as a pattern and requires tailoring youll know.
    again
    Quote Originally Posted by streamster
    Just wait tailoring may suck now but when your trash farming or maybe even doing 25 man raids in the future and the best cloth caster thing in the game drops as a pattern and requires tailoring youll know.
    How many unreal crafting patterns came outta kara? t5 t6 and sunwell content dropped patterns that made tailors drool. My only complain is the jerks who undercut 20 slot bags to under 100g.. seriously? mats on the ah are easily 200g

about boe epics they are just pve starting ones, once you get the hit cap or get nax25 items you will change them even before getting all mats to craft them, the only one that maybe is useful is the dps cloak, but kt25 or sartharion with 2 adds drops better ones(if you can replace with this content it wont last longer like tbc sets).
    And nax and sartharion are so easy that you will replace t6/blues with nax items without using any epic boe crafts

All the items which requires the cloth with cd is a waste of money even the 22 bags, half month to craft one is a bad joke.

frost resist if the encounters are like saphiron GL to sell one

common recipes like spellthread fr items frostweave bags, a lot of tailors craft them so every player will know someone in his guild to ask him.

Not to mention Lightweave is still the best cloak enchant for pvp. 1200 unmitigatable unresistable damage works.
    Thanks for showing that photo. Running off of those numbers it shows that Lightweave is 32.1 dps for you.
    lightweave doest scale, so haste in cloak with later gear will do more dps.

JC can give 96 spellpower with 3 gems vs 57 spellpower from regular gems. So basically a JC can have 39 more spellpower than a non-jc. Match that broadly against the 32.1 dps from Lightweave (not going into the nitty gritty math) and you can see that JC only have a very slight advantage over other spell casters.
    you have to compare 3 32 spellpower gems with 3 purified ones, the difference becomes greater and keeps the meta gem bonus(chaotic meta requires 2 blues)

so keeping bonuses
    96 spell vs 27 spell+24 spi
    about 60 spellpower difference

or just to get the meta requirements
    101 spell(common bonuses gives 5 spell) vs 49 spell+16spi
    about 45 spellpower difference

pd.- with purified twilight opals that arent in game yet
    pd2.-dont expect patterns like sunfury robes or boots of blasting

I only think I've heard one person mention this thus far, but tailors get WAY more cloth drops than non-tailors do. I don't understand how tailors can whine about not making money. Even if all you do to monetize your cloth is vendor it, you're still making more than everyone else, because you have so much more to sell. Or, even better, go kill some mobs, get lots of cloth, and put it on the AH 40g a stack. That alone is a great money-maker. With how quickly I get cloth (and I'm not a tailor), I bet you guys must have it coming out your ears by now. If I want to do the same thing with my toon, I have to go on farming runs for saronite ore for hours. Tailors have the benefit of having a gathering and crafting profession in one. Instead of going on farming runs to gather enough mats to sell, you can go do your dailies and just get free cloth from the mobs you kill, thus doubling the amount of money your time is worth. I wish the mats from my profession would just drop from the mobs I kill. Instead, I'm stuck looking for rare titanium nodes en mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    To the poster above me:

Tailoring: Darkglow Embroidery; Lightweave Embroidery; Swordguard Embroidery.

Also, cloth production every four days. Cloth that is going to continue to be very much in demand.

Go QQ somewhere else where you actually make sense.

I like being a Tailor. It doesn't bother me that another Tailor could essentially craft my gear for me; there's just something about doing it yourself.
    QFT

If you don't like it fine... drop and it become a JC. Then you will find out that every person on the server has Jc/ enchanting, prices of gems and DE mats are rock bottom as no one needs them but everyone wants to sell them, whilst to level it people farm mats to 375 and sell them for extortionate prices.

Tailoring you get cheap leg enchants, a cloak embriodary (yeah screw 23 haste, every single item seems to have haste these days and i have around 500 of it), a funky mount. I earm gold off selling deathchill cloaks, epic frost res gear, leg enchants, plus I can bolt up the bunches of cloth I get from mobs, send it to an alt for DE and sell the mats. End of the day I find tailoring to still make lots of gold, same with alchemy as the herd consensus is they are crap, reroll profs and level a few people who can exploit prices on cloth etc.

And so what the tailored epics lack being T5 equivilent, spellfire was horrible for stam and you can't dps when dead and shadoweave just had damage, no crit/ hit, which made gearing hard for desto locks. I make the sets to sell not wear as T7 is superior. Yet not everyone has access to it and will pay through the nose. Profs don't always have to be the biggest dps increase, sometimes they are just great for saving you gold and making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    a cloak embriodary (yeah screw 23 haste, every single item seems to have haste these days and i have around 500 of it)
    How many times does it have to be said to beat it through your head - 23 Haste is more DPS or HPS than the Tailoring Embroideries. It is a DPS/HPS downgrade to Embroider your cloak.

Christ almighty.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

@ OP & rest of tailors:

Awww QQ Moar. No more 3-set BoP epic crafted that lasts your through 3 tiers of upgrades (Yes Frozen Shadowweave lasted to well into T6 and SWP in many cases. So did the other sets.) Blizz knew they screwed up, but if they had chosen to change the old gear everyone would have QQed even more. No sympathy here.

If you have tailoring and you're considering dropping it, wouldn't you want to wait till 3.1 rolls around to see what kind of new patterns come with it? I'd be shocked if Ulduar doesn't have BoP tailoring patterns that make BiS items, or BoE patterns that can make you insane bank back at the AH.

Tailoring Wishlist:

1. Leg enchants with +36 spell power over the non-tailor ones. Additional mats for them is fine, as long as we have a DPS improvement from tailoring.
    2. At least one decent DPS / Healing piece. Doesn't have to be best in slot, but at least #3/4 so it doens't get replaced right off the bat in a raid.

That's really about it. I can make money well enough with tailoring, and I enjoy the novelties such as carpet. Now it just needs to have some actual substance.

well i want to know why JC's get a daily where they can get gucci gems that only they can get. why doesnt tailoring/BS/LW etc etc have a daily as well.. it cant hurt... or gee does that make too much sense. and can someone explain the need for a 4day cooldown on crafting certain types of cloth? cant say ive heard of a 4day CD on a crafted weapon. or on a crafted gem. so any ideas?

GIVE ALL CRAFTING PROFESSIONS A DAILY!!!

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Awww QQ Moar. No more 3-set BoP epic crafted that lasts your through 3 tiers of upgrades (Yes Frozen Shadowweave lasted to well into T6 and SWP in many cases. So did the other sets.) Blizz knew they screwed up, but if they had chosen to change the old gear everyone would have QQed even more. No sympathy here.
    Please explain how your rant has anything to do with the inequity between embroideries and the 32-item-point self-only perks for the other professions (other than engineering, which is in the same failboat), and your post might then be remotely relevant to this discussion.

I don't think most tailors are asking for the next Frozen Shadoweave, Primal Mooncloth, or Spellfire set to give them craftable T8 gear right out of the gate. They just want their profession not to clearly trail most other professions in performance. There are blatant imbalances among profession perks; even gathering professions are set to pass up tailoring and engineering in terms of personal benefits in 3.0.8 (not including the obvious benefit of being able to ... you know ... make money from ore and herbs?).

I'm keeping Tailoring because I can farm a stack of Imbued Netherweave in 1 hour which sells for 800-1000g on my server. But the next patch is going to change that when they reduce the materials needed to make it =/

In addition, hopefully they'll add some better patterns in the future.

15+ Year Old Account

Things that only tailors can make for other people.

2 epic cloaks that are some of the best in the game = lots of money and a good starting place as a raider.

3 epic gloves that are pretty much the best pre-raid = lots of money and a good starting place as a raider

3 epic chest pieces = same as a above.

2 epic spellthreads that are some of the best leg enchants in the game = lots of money to be made as well as helpful to your guild.

3 epic cloth pieces for frost resistance = probably going to be mandatory for several things throughout WotLK = lots of money to be made, and again, usefulness to your guild.

And let's not forget one of the most important things of all.

Creators of 22 slot bags = You will be making large, stable amount of money, for the entirety of the expansion.
    To sum it up, as soon as any tailor set foot in Nax, which is an instance ppl can do blindfolded they get smt better.
    The tailor crafts are shit, hell on my realm you might see one person that ask for a tailor in trade to do the craftables chest, gloves per month.
    The lightweave suck, it bring 0,5-1,5% dps depending on luck (nice for pvp tho).
    3 epic cloth pieces for frost resistance = probably going to be mandatory for several things throughout WotLK = lots of money to be made, and again, usefulness to your guild.
    Say what? Same with BT shadowres, whoever needed it was a raider = guildmember = pay nothing cos they craft it within guilds. Most stupid post ever.

NOW to the important stuff. Anyone read any bluepost about actual drops in v3.1? Sunfire robe was the only reason I kept tailoring in TBC and I were lucky enough to get my hands on it but unless v3.1 bring something simular it will just prove how tailoring is percieved now in WoTLK - pure crap.

Want to know desperatly if there been any bluepost about JC, LW, BS, Tailoring randomdrops in 3.1 so I know how soon i can drop tailoring for something usefull.

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I agree with the above poster, tailoring is pure shit atm. I would really appreciate if someone with access to wowforums could drop a post there and ask if there are any plans for making tailoring more viable?(At work and page is restricted) Personally I have not bothered to lvl tailoring past 435 as there is nothing of value it can give me.

The cloak broideries are absolute shit, in all my wws parses so far it has been calculated as 0%, so not contributing a lot... at the point where I think the 23 haste enchant might be better.

Having serious thought about powerlvling JC, but don't have enough gold yet.

Just look at Ensida (the best PvE guild in the world), everyone of them has JC + enchanting.

Blizzard need to overlook those professions or they need to give a massive buff to other professions.

As tailoring is at the moment; the true usefull items take to long time to create. You will get instance/raid epics before you can create those Ebonweave Gloves or w/e you want. Sure, we can do lightweave embroidery, but 23 haste is fairly equal.
    And why can't our BoP leg enchants be better instead of cheaper than the BoE ones?

I'w been wondering the same thing for a while. In The Burning Crusade I crafted Shadoweave set and replaced thoes in Black Temple... Now I crafted Ebonweave Gloves and replaced them after couple of raids... Ebonweave Robe wasn't even on my "dreamlist" becouse got 80 Badges so quickly and was able to buy T7 Robe (note. I'm playing shadowpriest).

Just crossing my fingers for Ulduar and if Blizz would bring some new recipes just like in TBC when Sunwell Plateu arriwed!!!

i'll be doing the same, waiting for ulduar to see if anything changes with Tailoring, if not, i'll ditch it for some other more useful profession.