Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: the might be pvp solution for warlock

DC teleports you also in los of your opponent, doesn't it?
    Warlocks dots still tick when wl made some secconds (coe before teleport helps). Mage doesn't work with Dots
    And if you are badly stunned as a Mage and use blink you sometimes blink 1 yard and the melee still hurts you

So both talents have their plus and minus.
    You as a wl got an awesome talent. What are you doing? Crying instead of loving it. Of course it isn't the uber talent, making you immune to everything while increasing damage by 1000% and flying above the target cO

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by WolleKK
    Warlocks dots still tick when wl made some secconds (coe before teleport helps). Mage doesn't work with Dots
    And if you are badly stunned as a Mage and use blink you sometimes blink 1 yard and the melee still hurts you

You as a wl got an awesome talent. What are you doing? Crying instead of loving it. Of course it isn't the uber talent, making you immune to everything while increasing damage by 1000% and flying above the target cO
    Get some facts straight before you post about DC being awesome please. In every way, shape and form mages' lvl 20 spell, blink is eons ahead of lolportal.

Seriosly, ask avery lock you meet if they would rather have blink than lolportal and you'll see. That we even have this discussion amazes me.

Oh my, a bitter mage, haven't seen those in a while.

Neither blink nor nice glowy circle are talents. Blink also teleports you in los..or did you mean OUT of los ? Try not facing a wall when blinking may help, too.

Circle has 2 things going for it : it's 40y, and you know exactly where you'll be after you used it (not only you do, tho).

Doesn't help the fact that it always feels like one of those big cartoony "X"s on the floor..you know, where the piano is gonna drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucupurulent

Doesn't help the fact that it always feels like one of those big cartoony "X"s on the floor..you know, where the piano is gonna drop.
    I had the same mental picture.

Dont get me wrong though. I am not unhappy about getting Demonic Circle. I am unhappy about getting a spell thats a watered down version of Blink and then having Blizzard expect me to be okay with it.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Yeah sorry, I mean out of los. As you already have seen, my English is quite bad :-[
    You said, facing not a wall will help, that's right but not always possible when you want to dispell your stun with blink. And like the big X of the demonic circle, the mage has his one-directed blink. So a well played combo knows when you use your blink and is able to catch you there.

The big advantage of dc is, that you can teleport yourself through walls. And THIS is huge! So both talents have their advantages. And even IF blink is more powerful, why should dc be more powerful? Or shall have every class the same boring talent? No? No! 8) It's still a game mon!

A lot of classes have the "same boring ability" to become immune to fear and it hasnt broken the game. In fact, Ive never heard one complaint from those classes about that ability.
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

So you want to play a boring game, everbody is doing the same (but the warlock is doing it at the very best ^^). This is making me sad :-(

No not at all. In fact one argument does not equal the other. They could keep Demonic Circles current game mechanic and allow it to be used while stunned. It still isnt as good as blink because it takes more preparation and would have the 40 yard range.

I dont want to be an OP class but I would like to be viable.
    Definition of useless -

Sigh I have an 80 lock and a 70 lock. I've leveled a priest because I'm so frustrated with the class in PVP and it is a half hearted substitute for an affliction lock. But I get pwned a lot in BG. It's better when I'm raidbuffed but that doesn't last very long. The issue is survivability coupled with inferior burst damage, especially compared with the buffs other classes have received. At this point, I would trade all the new toys that I like (meta, demonic circle) and damage for the old SL/SL spec and its spell resistances.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastery
    Sigh I have an 80 lock and a 70 lock. I've leveled a priest because I'm so frustrated with the class in PVP and it is a half hearted substitute for an affliction lock. But I get pwned a lot in BG. It's better when I'm raidbuffed but that doesn't last very long. The issue is survivability coupled with inferior burst damage, especially compared with the buffs other classes have received. At this point, I would trade all the new toys that I like (meta, demonic circle) and damage for the old SL/SL spec and its spell resistances.
    Your not supposed to be in front of the zergline in bgs

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Toastery
    So true.

;D LOL I do admit I get a bit enthusiastic at times and run beyond the zergline, but I'm pretty sure my survivability doesn't last much longer when I'm slinging spells in the back. I become a dk magnet or get pwned by mages who are now a lot stronger than me. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by WolleKK

actually suck coz everyone can see on the ground the point where u teleport...so..

Quote Originally Posted by LASYRGEKAN
    actually suck coz everyone can see on the ground the point where u teleport...so..
    As I said. Read my post atDecember 16, 2008, 11:41:10 AM before trolling

Like the other guy said, i would trade all new things we got like demonic circle if we just could get the old fel armor and SL/SL back
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

I have been no been doing well in bgs and i don't even want to try area right now. At least in bgs i can hide behind people and throw up dots as deep afflic. As for arena any thoughts on going something like 30/41/0, Sorta like the lvling spec. Just cast 3 dots, drain life and pray.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius
    I have been no been doing well in bgs and i don't even want to try area right now. At least in bgs i can hide behind people and throw up dots as deep afflic. As for arena any thoughts on going something like 30/41/0, Sorta like the lvling spec. Just cast 3 dots, drain life and pray.
    wont work. If you are targetted first (and you will be) there will not be enough time to get off 3 dots, let alone a drain, before you are dead. Yes I am saying this AFTER s5 has gone live where i sit at 680 resil. The new gear offers nothing to lock survivability
    Definition of useless -