Thread: DK vs Paladin

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK vs Paladin

Hello, there!

Can some of more experienced guys, share their thoughts on how do we behave against Pala atm? 1 vs 1
    Im unholy atm.

As I understand we should leave through their bubble - meaning giving them enough DPS to do that, while keeping ours at 50%?
    Possible to do? All Palas seems like start with a stun chain (didnt play Pala much so no exp here) which we should break and somehow make them pay?

Re: DK vs Paladin

we have a better shot since divine storm became physical, but even so, its an uphill battle. pallies play the same game we do, using magical damage to bypass an enemies avoidance to supplement melee damage, but they are better at it then we are, as more of there damage is magical in nature. they also have a few special tricks to use to break the ghoul, a well geared pally can unload a holy wrath/exorcism/CS/hammer of wrath combo and lay out a ghoul before hammer of justice even ends. which is annoying because our preferred pvp speccs tend to utilize master of ghouls. also, one of our main anti healing abilities, blood plague and plague strike, doesn't have any use against pallies who use short quick heals instead of HoTs. its not an impossible fight, DKs are hard to take down and pallies tire easily, ride through there burst combo and you have a second to breathe and deathstrike for some hp back, and try to return the favor. IBF helps alot if you can sucker them into burning hammer of justice on it.
    all hail king frost strike

a skilled retardin can own me 1v1 in quite no time

I seriously ROFL the majority of the pallies i fight no matter what spec. I'm unholy and the burst i have is crazy and u can run away when they bubble, its so funny.

Well, once they are bubbled they are immune, so that means I need to Strangulate just a second before I think he will to silence him and pray for burst that will kill him?
    And once he bubbles its better to run away bandage and heal abit?

One of the first tghing i do is use chains of ice...makes the pally use blessing of freedom and overwrites might or w/e blessing they have on
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Zedzedicuz
    Well, once they are bubbled they are immune, so that means I need to Strangulate just a second before I think he will to silence him and pray for burst that will kill him?
    And once he bubbles its better to run away bandage and heal abit?
    I think they can bubble out of Strangulate, can't they?

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    One of the first tghing i do is use chains of ice...makes the pally use blessing of freedom and overwrites might or w/e blessing they have on
    Wrong!

it's now Hand of Freedom. so it doesnt overwrite any blessing, just any "hand" spells on the paladin (salvation, sacrifice) so sadly for you that aint gonna work

EDIT: merged the 2 posts

Shazjia lvl 80 Retardin!

Nobody is Perfect!... I'm Nobody.

Yeah, they can bubble while silenced.

The first thing you do as an unholy dk is pop ibf. Then after that go to town. I think repent can still stun you in the beginning but it wont even matter trust me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nogames
    I seriously ROFL the majority of the pallies i fight no matter what spec. I'm unholy and the burst i have is crazy and u can run away when they bubble, its so funny.
    Ret paladins with "Glyph: Turn Evil" will give "even you" you a hard time.
    and if the Pala lets you run away while he's in bubble, he shoulda l2p.

Dun get too excited yet, in the Arena you will face rets that know what they're doing.
    Unholy is strong, but nothing a Ret can't beat.
    If you don't trinket the Stun, u eat way too much damage.
    If you do trinket the Stun, u get a repentance and the palas heals to full. (and no, ur ghoul wont do shit, he's in fear-lock)
    Usually, a Ret dun "need" bubble for a DK. it just makes it more easy.

Imo, a good Blood-DK is harder to kill.

Deleted

Strangulate does not prevent bubble. It's a silence, not a school locker. Silenced paladin can still bubble, but holy school locked paladin can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    Ret paladins with "Glyph: Turn Evil" will give "even you" you a hard time.
    and if the Pala lets you run away while he's in bubble, he shoulda l2p.

Dun get too excited yet, in the Arena you will face rets that know what they're doing.
    Unholy is strong, but nothing a Ret can't beat.
    If you don't trinket the Stun, u eat way too much damage.
    If you do trinket the Stun, u get a repentance and the palas heals to full. (and no, ur ghoul wont do shit, he's in fear-lock)
    Usually, a Ret dun "need" bubble for a DK. it just makes it more easy.

Imo, a good Blood-DK is harder to kill.
    THIS

As a ret pally DKs are not a real threat ... you can even kit them during ibf judgement of justice and start running death grip run again and keep judging and spaming dispel ...
    Only blood DKs are strong enought to sustain our burst and leave trought our bubble but i don t see any DK comp surviving in 2s against a RET rogue comp

Ok, so I got it We are doomed to die So If I kill a pally I can congratulate meself

Btw what happens if I have and pop anti magic zone? Does it count againts holy? Or will pally just wait till it wears off?

I see many people here are quite funny from both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by nogames
    I got Paladin and DK lvl 80. My paladin is better geared tho but my DK is not that far behind and i must say i can meet good DKs who are hard to kill for my Paladin and vice versa.

Btw one small tip for some DKs , first think than Death grip. So many people are fascinated with Death gripping that they dont care what they DG. Im being death gripped hundreds of times by 50% hp DK when im on my paladin with 100% all cds up and Betrayer of Humanity shining in my hand thats plain stupid but its just my opinio.

Deleted

Paladins are hit and miss for us. If no trinket up and pala lands HOJ and has good gear its pretty much all over. If i get to trinket HOJ or ibf it i will put up a good fight.
    Guess it depends on what paladin you fight. Some naxx geared paladins i beat 5 out of 5 times in a duel and some destroy me with string of big crits.
    I feel unholy is by far the weakest spec against paladins and other dks even with the 40% boneshield.

The naxx pala i dueled destroyed every UH he dueled and had a very hard time with my blood raid dps spec.

Overall i feel Frost/blood is the strongest pvp spec. Good survivability, AOE freezing trap, decent snare, potentially high melee and ranged burst damage. I've killed mages with only howling blast and icy touch before in duels.

LOL, I have only lost to 2 ret pallies and thats because they had like full naxx gear and were tanks lol. Start with ibf and then ams when ibf is off. Don't forget to reapply bone shield. Then when they bubble wait it out with amz. I always make my ghoul stun in the beginning of the match so if they stun me they are also stunned lol. Make sure you silence as much as possible. Also I use mark of blood in the beginning of the fight because thats when pallies try to do the most damage.

Quote Originally Posted by invizion
    "LOL" (hardly see how its funny tbh) but obviously your fighting rubbish ret pallys then, a (wait for it, and read carefully) _SKILLED_ ret pally you WILL struggle against, let me just repeat that to get the point across, a _SKILLED_ ret pally you WILL struggle against.

If your popping IBF at the beginning of a fight then you are leaving yourself open to be pwned...

Want to know why?

a _SKILLED_ ret pally will wait untill IBF is down to use HoJ.

Good luck in fighting all the LOLRET pallys out there, because doing what you do atm, a _SKILLED_ one will eat you alive

Its funny because DKs like you are what make us seem like noobs. You have no idea how to pvp as a dk do you? I'm rolling glad pallies in their pvp and pve sets. You start with ibf because they are almost always going to go for the initial stun in the beginning. Once ibf is up you should have enough rp to use ams and i have it glyphed. After that they will shield, I'll kite because they are gonna heal and then come after me and i run faster than them lol. Then it's back to the basics once the shield if off, pet stun, bone shield, and pwn face. I also have imp rune tap and mark of blood which i use in the beginning so they take dmg and i dont. And that is why (wait for it....) IT IS FUNNY, LOL.

If I was a pallie and you used your three minute cooldown on me, I would probably press "Cleanse". And fear the ghoul. Instant glyphed means you are out of luck with interrupts.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

what 3 min cd are you talking about