Thread: Armor (nerf?)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Armor (nerf?)

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    your more than likely adding your cloak armor value into your calculation if your coming up with 3315

Chest: Ilevel 213 = 578 armor
    Feet: Ilevel 213 = 398 armor
    Hands: Ilevel 226 = 369 armor
    Head: Ilevel 213 = 470 armor
    Legs: Ilevel 226 = 517 armor
    Shoulders: Ilevel 213 = 434 armor
    waist: Ilevel 213 = 325 armor
    Wrist: Ilevel 213 = 253 armor

total armor from feral leather gear = 3344 (there are some other leather pieces of Ilevel 226 that give slightly more armor but they are resto/moonkin gear)
    base cloak armor gets counted to leave it out would be amputateing your self.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doodad
    base cloak armor gets counted to leave it out would be amputateing your self.
    yea i wasnt to sure if that was the case or not so i left it out, so add in another 154 for an Ilevel 213 cape and the new total comes to 3498

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    yea i wasnt to sure if that was the case or not so i left it out, so add in another 154 for an Ilevel 213 cape and the new total comes to 3498
    gj) and to any with a bonus cloak just do what alski did find your cloaks level find a cloak at that level / quallity with out bonus armor and bam you know your cloaks base armor. the blue post all made this harder sounding then it was, i guess because they cant support sites that show such data openly.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo
    I've tested with my Druid, unbuffed, same gear, same spec:

LIVE:
    26k Armor, 37% dodge.

PTR:
    31k Armor, 41% dodge.

Also note the relatively huge dodge increase. Does anyone know what that's about? It's exactly the same gear and spec I'm using. ???
    dont know my dodge stayed the same, maybe one of your items has been changed, but then i had the gloves of preserved history so if it did get higher dodge the "adjustment" of the op gloves from heaven (now the in line gloves from blargvill) would likely negate it(

Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo
    Also note the relatively huge dodge increase. Does anyone know what that's about? It's exactly the same gear and spec I'm using. ???
    Im not really a feral tank druid - But i remember this being anoted in a blue post they were increasing this as druids dont have block.. I'm not 100% sure, but you cant parry can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Morganskunk
    Im not really a feral tank druid - But i remember this being anoted in a blue post they were increasing this as druids dont have block.. I'm not 100% sure, but you cant parry can you?
    correct currently we only have dodge and a very meger miss rateing due to not needing defence / not haveing any on core gear. however i dont remember them saying they would increse our dodge, infact i remember them saying that the dr on it was right where they wanted it just not in so many words. what they have hinted at was that they would bring in another form of medigation or avoidance for druids some time in the furutre possibly, but then they said they would have hero classes soon when the orignal game launched and it only took that 4 years to happen)

ok all these people saying this is a nerf im seriously confused, im not in any impressive gear but i transfered my toon to the ptr and i actually gained 10k armor in bear form...is the ptr bugged or is this true? if thats the case then how exactly is this a nerf..
    ill provide an armory link so you guys can check it out and see if you got any ideas.
    =)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...zcrank&n=Fawna

according to the ptr with just my gift of the wild on im going from 21k armor to 31k in bear..wtf?
    i know my gear is not that great, be nice lol

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Foxycotin
    according to the ptr with just my gift of the wild on im going from 21k armor to 31k in bear..wtf?
    i know my gear is not that great, be nice lol
    because you only have 1 off set item (rings. trinkets. neck) that has armor on it.

hm then how the hell is that a nerf? gaining that much more mitigation seems like one hell of a buff for people that pay attention to patch notes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxycotin
    hm then how the hell is that a nerf? gaining that much more mitigation seems like one hell of a buff for people that pay attention to patch notes lol.

THIS PATCH IS A HUGE BUFF.

For me at least. I currently have no armor on my staff, my rings nor on my trinkets. I have about 20.8k armor on Live servers right now. On the PTR I have 32.3k (both values include +1050 armor from Mark of the Wild). So it's a buff of about 11.5k armor.

//Zarc

It's a nerf IF you actually had competent tanking gear before.
    If you currently have no armor staff, rings, trinkets, necklace then your armor will rocket.
    If you have these, you'll stay about the same/drop a little.

Sigh at all the ferals that didn't put the effort in for armor items.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by EdgEy
    Sigh at all the ferals that didn't put the effort in for armor items.
    ^^ this, generaly shows the mark of a bad druid

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&n=Zllikkcarc

I logged and went from 27karmor unbuffed to 31-32kish unbuffed and I have the staff with armor and defenders code

Still missing 4 (5 incl cloak, I won't count that since it's a 7 day reset vs 1 for everything else) items that would more than make up for that 4-5k armor.

Nice parry ring as well. Sorry, just rather annoyed that incompetent ferals will be within 10% or so of the best geared now.

40k armor to 35.7k with the same items. :'(
    After I change my trinkets since they won't be best in slot anymore, I'll be at 34.5k

At least I get 2.8% dodge (before dim returns) when switch to greatness and valor from offering and d-code

It IS a nerf in one way or another. It hurts your potential greatly if nothing else.

Deleted

It is a massive buff for me.

Live: 28.167 armor (64,90% phys. reduction), 35,02% dodge, 36.700 health, 25 expertise (6,25%)
    PTR: 33.139 armor (68,51% phys. reduction), 36,21% dodge, 36.497 health, 30 expertise (7,5%) (changed a ring)

Even for those that dropped a bit of armor (and are whining about it dispite getting more dodge?!?!) its still a buff. No longer do you have to get str/sta/def/armor rings, but you can go for ag/sta stuff for more dodge. In the future, this opens up for a ton of nice possibilities!

Armor isn't everything for a tank. It just so happened that the armor multiplier allowed druids (and DK's, for that matter) to massively benefit from armor on items that normally don't have armor. It also pretty much forced them to hunt down these rare items to be viable tanks.

Yes, if you did so the change will hurt your armor, but it will also free up other options to compensate, such as stamina, agility and dodge rating.

Can't say I enjoyed hunting down that badge of tenacity in TBC...