Page 1 of 2
LastLast

CoE-Earth and Moon

Can someone tell is Curse of Elements and druids Earth and Moon stack together. Am asking this cos we usually have druid in raid and some ppl told me that they don't stack together. So if they don't stack i will rather use CoA or CoD.

Thanks

Re: CoE-Earth and Moon

OF course they don't, an extra 26% spell dmg taken for them would be insanely op to casters

No they don't blizz changing the debuff system around so now spells like these CANNOT stack...this way 3 different classes (Afflic Lock, Moonkin, Unholy DK) can all do the same debuff and one is not needed over another...although a moonkin gives casters a 3% hit chance too; so honestly if they can stay alive they seem the best to me.

I think its dumb that warlocks have to sacrifice a dps curse to use CoE when Dk's and Druids do it naturally, the 3% spelldmg is cool and all but if i didn't need to spec into it (unlike druids and Dk's) then the compensation should be higher then 3% spell dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Crusemissile
    I think its dumb that warlocks have to sacrifice a dps curse to use CoE when Dk's and Druids do it naturally, the 3% spelldmg is cool and all but if i didn't need to spec into it (unlike druids and Dk's) then the compensation should be higher then 3% spell dmg
    I think its dumb your complaining about it. Find a druid/DK to always raid with and spec out of it. Crying gets you nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusemissile
    I had hoped that they would have changed Malediction so that when it was talented (3/3) you'd get the ability to cast CoE and a damaging curse, but hey, Blizz didn't do that, so like the poster above said, hopefully you have a druid or DK in your group.

The extra 1% spell damage for each point in Malediction is a better DPS talent than some of the other talents that are around the same tier in the affliction tree, so I don't see it as "underpowered".

Doesn't CoE reduce partial resists on binary spells?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marakara
    Doesn't CoE reduce partial resists on binary spells?
    Theres no such thing as a partial resist on a binary spell. Binary = 0 or 1. Hit or miss.

However, it does reduce resists on spells in general, but a lot of research has indicated that bosses have 3 types of resist:

- 0-20 resistance (completely negated by COE)
    - 50% Resistance (not modifiable)
    - Immune (not modifiable)

However, they have since redone everything about the game, including the debuff overhaul. Making a warlock mandatory because he has the only skill that reduces resistance would go against the grain, so I would hazard a guess that boss battles will be more like Mother Sharaz - flat % decrease rather than resistance level.

The spell is used to counter Aura's and the like, despite rarely being used. Think Warlock/Spriest comps.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by khornate
    the 3% come from faerie fire
    also spriests give 3% hit
    No shit, but Moonkins are the only class that can cause both debuffs without even going out their rotation.

In a 10 man when there isn't much room, a Moonkin gives me 13% more damage and 3% hit; I think that's pretty OP, esp when you don't have one and realize how much more DPS you could be doing with one there.

Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    No shit, but Moonkins are the only class that can cause both debuffs without even going out their rotation.

In a 10 man when there isn't much room, a Moonkin gives me 13% more damage and 3% hit; I think that's pretty OP, esp when you don't have one and realize how much more DPS you could be doing with one there.
    yep it's pretty sad, as when lock uses coe it sometimes lowers overall damage as you could ave mele heavy group or something and moonkin does it better and free.

But then you wont have stamina or any of the warlocks abilitys. (shadow protection, replenishment, SS, HS, summon or int/spirit from pets)
    Everybody have some unique combo. Its just a matter of finding the best combo.

Quote Originally Posted by frester
    yep it's pretty sad, as when lock uses coe it sometimes lowers overall damage as you could ave mele heavy group or something and moonkin does it better and free.
    but the 3% hit from moonkin isnt free. its a GCD like CoE

Quote Originally Posted by Macintyre
    But then you wont have stamina or any of the warlocks abilitys. (shadow protection, replenishment, SS, HS, summon or int/spirit from pets)
    Everybody have some unique combo. Its just a matter of finding the best combo.

but the 3% hit from moonkin isnt free. its a GCD like CoE
    Have you actually played a lock...we have a temporary shadow prot..asborbs damage, we have no replenishment, or as int/spirit or health that depends on pet used and spec of lock...oh and the imps "buff" is a joke 1600 health when he is maxed out.

Go play a lock.

The only pet buff that is useful now is the imp felpuppy cause priests don't go spirit anymore

even an unimproved imp gets overwritten by a warrior's battle shout
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

thats because they changed the mechanic for how Blood Pact works. I wouldnt complain about locks in PvE though. We are doing just fine in terms of dps and damage done. Its PvP where my concerns lie
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    thats because they changed the mechanic for how Blood Pact works. I wouldnt complain about locks in PvE though. We are doing just fine in terms of dps and damage done. Its PvP where my concerns lie
    Define fine and what spec are you talking about? Can't make generalizations. Oh ya you can do the damage if you can get the rotations down unlike most other class who have less complex rotations by far and do as much damage as we do...so that is why you cannot generalize. Never did complain about locks in pve...just pointed out the failure of a previous post.

No druid is going to imp ff...its a damn waste because its over written by SPRIESTS. Also, dont wine about having to keep your ONLY raid buff up. Also, you have to put how many points into COE? ZERO, if a boomkin were to get imp ff he would be using 6 talent points to be able to do that. Just be happy you have something besides DPS to help the raid and hope there is hope there is a boomkin or a DK so you can use a dps curse. GL!

Quote Originally Posted by celicagts
    No druid is going to imp ff...its a damn waste because its over written by SPRIESTS. Also, dont wine about having to keep your ONLY raid buff up. Also, you have to put how many points into COE? ZERO, if a boomkin were to get imp ff he would be using 6 talent points to be able to do that. Just be happy you have something besides DPS to help the raid and hope there is hope there is a boomkin or a DK so you can use a dps curse. GL!
    Other classes should not post here, especially since they tend to leave out...oh ss and hs to begin with...summoning their lazy rear...like the individual who I quoted....

Now as far as this guy goes...COE is limited..casting on anything but boss is waste. 2nd I don't recall anywhere in this thread where we were QQ'n...guess you need to read before you make assumptions.

I was talking about Blood Pact which I clearly stated. I was assuming people would know what the imp health buff is called since these are the Warlock Forums.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    I was talking about Blood Pact which I clearly stated. I was assuming people would know what the imp health buff is called since these are the Warlock Forums.
    But no locks are posting so...nope they don't know...lol