Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Adrick

Is it true the new Resilence cap is 1320?

Someone posted this number on a different thread of mine. I've been adding up the Deadly gear and the best pvp gear and I'm to about 721 atm. This includes no geming for it either.

Any ideas on the stam we will have. If 1320 is cap I'm going to have a good time working up to that number. Also this will seeming rectify blizzards remarks that, 80, epic pvp level, that classes are relitively balanced.

I made a relitively QQ thread about melee n mages shreading me.

At 1320 res thats about 16.22 % reduction to crit. Basically a large help since at 331 I'm over 3%.

This brings me to the new problem that has been mentioned in other threads. Spriest dots are amped by crit rating. We ARE getting a double nerf to dots. One 16.22% crit reduction takes off 16.22% dmg of dots, on top of that isn't that number doubled to 32.44% reduction on dots, manaburns, and crit dmg? So thats a total 48.66% reduction to our MAIN dmg at top resilence level? Please please correct me I'm dieing for this to be wrong.

I'm afraid I have been experiencing a large reduction to dmg in action. PVE VT ticks for about 1300 abo. AB yesterday, it was ticking for just over 600 with same pve gear. I don't know if they have 130 priest shadow resist on or not.

Re: Is it true the new Resilence cap is 1320?

No, no, no! that is entierly wrong. ouer dots will be dispelled before they deal damage :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Monky
    No, no, no! that is entierly wrong. ouer dots will be dispelled before they deal damage :'(
    No, no, no! that is entirely wrong. We'll die before our dots get to tick.

I think my version is best :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

DoTs are like STDs; Just 'cause the guy who gave them to you is dead, doesn't mean your miraculously cured.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

I believe your chance for dots to crit is not affected by resilience. Only the damage they deal which also lowers the crit damage.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

So what your saying is even though we cast a full rotation, Shadow Priests would be do more damage with a dagger than we would with our spells.

Correct?

Sounds about right.

Im just explaining how the game mechanic works to the best of my understanding. Nothing more...
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    I believe your chance for dots to crit is not affected by resilience. Only the damage they deal which also lowers the crit damage.
    dots cant crit, but the Shadowform tallent increase their damage by a % for each % crit you got

Quote Originally Posted by hannibaal
    So what your saying is even though we cast a full rotation, Shadow Priests would be do more damage with a dagger than we would with our spells.

Correct?

Sounds about right.
    well uhm no, you can go in and use SW and gett a bit more dmg then you would get with a dagger, not much tho :P

(edited cose I dident want too dubble post)

That's just VT

That's just VT
    no it is VT SW:P and Devoouring Plague that gets afected by the shadowform tallent

I could swear wowhead's tooltip is different from ingame.. or I might just be tired.

But the coefficiency on the two others is nothing to talk about. Atleast not when I check my damage on Loatheb.

You still put 'em up in hopes that VT might not get dispelled for another tick or two. =P

Honestly, I highly, highly doubt that we're gonna get double-dipped on DoT damage reduction. It must go by our spellbook chance to crit, not our chance to crit that target. Otherwise, a scorch-rolling mage would increase our DoT damage by 10%, no?

15+ Year Old Account

I'll probably try out this in the arena, with a good DPS partner (moonkin probably):

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=020621030205

Seems to be the most survivability build. All the anticrit talents, better shield, nice mass dispell, surge of light. Lightwell simply because you can click if while stunned and nowadays it heals really well.

Glyph of Dispell of course, Glyph of Holy Nova because with it it really heals for a lot, and you'll probably only get to use instants in arena anyway. Glyph of SOR because I'll be dead sooner than later probably.

No need for mana talents because fights won't last long anyway.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The talent increasing DoT damage is based on 'your' crit rating.

Your crit rating doesn't actually change when attacking someone with resilience, they just get an additional layer of mitigation, a second check on crits if you like.

In the same way a proc triggered by crits can still proc even if resilience negates the crit (check 1, crit, apply proc, resilience check, crit negated), so any value effected by your own crit chance isn't changed because of their resilience.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Torture
    In the same way a proc triggered by crits can still proc even if resilience negates the crit (check 1, crit, apply proc, resilience check, crit negated), so any value effected by your own crit chance isn't changed because of their resilience.
    Actually my understanding is it doesn't really work like that. Instead, when you have resilience, a check is made for any regular attack to see if it falls within [normal attacks] or [normal attacks that could have been caused by resilience]. The choice of attack for procs and stuff is not based on whether or nor the crit was supposed to happen. I'm not 100% sure critters can't crit now that I think about it, but I know that when you wear a lot of resilience and go aggro a rat or frog you do end up getting quite a few Martyrdom procs, far more than you should if it was actually based on crit chance. I also want to say I've had Martyrdom proc off things I know can't crit, like mob spells, but I can't remember for sure.

I believe this also means that your crit is actually lowered, rather than a roll happening to see whether or not the crit was supposed to happen. I would think that our DoT damage was based off paperdoll crit and not by the invisible crit reduction on resilience (similar to how it's not affected by boss-level crit depression).

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    Actually my understanding is it doesn't really work like that. Instead, when you have resilience, a check is made for any regular attack to see if it falls within [normal attacks] or [normal attacks that could have been caused by resilience]. The choice of attack for procs and stuff is not based on whether or nor the crit was supposed to happen. I'm not 100% sure critters can't crit now that I think about it, but I know that when you wear a lot of resilience and go aggro a rat or frog you do end up getting quite a few Martyrdom procs, far more than you should if it was actually based on crit chance. I also want to say I've had Martyrdom proc off things I know can't crit, like mob spells, but I can't remember for sure.

I believe this also means that your crit is actually lowered, rather than a roll happening to see whether or not the crit was supposed to happen. I would think that our DoT damage was based off paperdoll crit and not by the invisible crit reduction on resilience (similar to how it's not affected by boss-level crit depression).
    You may well be right, I was merely remembering the tail end of a conversation I had with someone far more intelligent than me

My personal understanding goes as far as 'resilience good, getting critted bad' ;D

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Adrick

I think we are getting off main subject. My point is getting to res cap would mean more survival for us. That was the end of that.

The main point here is the fact that say I have 21% crit per say ok. This is PvE going to increase ALL 3 of my dots damage by 21% ok. This is supposed to bring our damage up. Now if I'm facing a target that have 1320 res aka 16.22% crit reduction.

1. 21% increase to my dots is applied to target with a 16.22% reduction to crit. SO does this mean that my 3 dots only recieve a 4.78% damage increase on that 1320res geared target BEFORE the following?

2. Resilence 2nd affect is Dot reduction. SO a 4.78% increase minus 32.44% reduction from the 2nd resilence affect leaves my dots ticking for 27.66% LESS than Base dmg with no crit rating at all.

Correct or no? Please try to be specific and elaborate on detail, because atm its looking like that were in the same old Stack Spell Power Genre. Crits are great. Is it worth specing into the talent bonuses? WTB a Theorycrafter reply. Someone blow my mind with some real numbers and help me learn what blizzard is vague about explaining.

We really weren't getting off topic at all. If you read any of the last dozen or so responses, they're all discussing your question of "double dipping" DoT damage reduction.

The general response is NO. YOU DON'T GET 2 DAMAGE REDUCTION EFFECTS ON YOUR DoTS JUST BECAUSE RESILIENCE EFFECTS CRITS AND DoTS. There, capitalized so you can easily see it. If you want reasons, go back and actually read your thread. Lots of valid points and discussion on why that seems to be the case.

Because the DoTs come off when you die.... Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrick
    1. 21% increase to my dots is applied to target with a 16.22% reduction to crit. SO does this mean that my 3 dots only recieve a 4.78% damage increase on that 1320res geared target BEFORE the following?
    Priest DoT's don't crit, amirite?