Thread: 2v2 arena

2v2 arena

I am destro lock and with coming S5 I am thinking about best class to 2v2 team.
    I think healer is for nothing, coz of high burst dmg. So I was thinking about hight dmg and control class-- rogue.
    What do you think?

Re: 2v2 arena

I had the same thought of running a double dps team to burst one person down and CC. Rogue seems the best for this.

destro sucks for 2v2
    go demo if you wanna live in arena

If you want to go burst/burst with some control I would go with a boomkin or a ret pally. You have decent controls and you also have decent CC(cyclone/rep.).

Quote Originally Posted by BlakSigma
    Lock + Resto Druids = Win
    Ahhh, you must be still living in the pre s4 era.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Ahhh, you must be still living in the pre s4 era.
    well when peaple gear up and stack some more resi its all possible again ;P

Quote Originally Posted by coen
    well when peaple gear up and stack some more resi its all possible again ;P
    If you do arenas on the PTRs you will see it is not
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

melee rapes healers now in 2s

I'd have to agree that picking up a melee partner is probably a good idea. Rogues are still at the very top of the food chain and there aren't any class/specs that can regularly shut down a rogue. Mutilate or deep Subtlety would be my choice.

Ret pallies are pretty nice also. BoF can do wonders in 2's.

If you pick up a hunter you can have a pretty nasty drain team.

Why are you staying away from healers though? I have a resto shaman with about 300 resil, which is very low for 80, and I have no problem staying alive and keeping people around me alive. You should probably expect to be focused 99% of the time, so having a healer to keep you alive would allow you to survive the initial burst and then do your own burst. Without a healer, I doubt you'd be casting many spells in a 2's match if the other team is any good. You'll be shut down to non-existence.

If you care about your friend's rating reroll something viable or wait for that promised but likely fictional day when blizz gets off their collective arse.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.