Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Feral attack power in its current form will disappear. Instead, the raw DPS of a weapon will be converted to FAP. So, this basically makes

    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44050

    a very viable option for feral druids ;D if it were not for the fact it is missing additional stats.

  2. #22

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    I think swords would have been a better choice! All 3 specs would have had better choice of weapons!!!

  3. #23

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elromon
    I think swords would have been a better choice! All 3 specs would have had better choice of weapons!!!
    Mages and warlocks can't use maces. Shamans, druids and priests can't use swords. All of them can use daggers (which are itemized enough to keep healers from rolling on ones with +hit).

    Sounds balanced to me. I'd hate to have 5 classes or half a raid rolling against me on gear...

  4. #24

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vesena
    I think I read that Blizzard wants WotLK to eventually include an epic quest for each class.
    Sorry, Blizz said they weren't going to do that again. Hunters and Priests got one, that's it though. However, this is Blizz we are talking about...things can change.

  5. #25

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by feroce
    Sorry, Blizz said they weren't going to do that again. Hunters and Priests got one, that's it though. However, this is Blizz we are talking about...things can change.
    Wrong. They said that they wanted to add more, however they were debating on how to do it.

    Because it's hard to "Add a whole bunch at once" but at the same time if you only added one or two at a time "people feel left out"

  6. #26

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Stranger things have happened - there's a caster fist weapon in Naxx >.<
    well tbh only caster that can use fist weapons is shamans so.....

  7. #27

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    ...what if i get some rogue daggers and glue them to the paws of my kitty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this forum are getting worser and worser

  8. #28

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by lucile
    well tbh only caster that can use fist weapons is shamans so.....
    AND DRUIDS, RETARD!


  9. #29

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgirlslcup
    AND DRUIDS, RETARD!
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR CUIL!!

    But he is right regardless...and yes, the spelling was intended

  10. #30

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by zelosjr
    Wrong. They said that they wanted to add more, however they were debating on how to do it.

    Because it's hard to "Add a whole bunch at once" but at the same time if you only added one or two at a time "people feel left out"
    Wouldn't happen to have a link, would you? Not dissing you, would just like to see it

  11. #31

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    i like to stab things for fun

    I KEEEEEL YOU!!!!!
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

    "If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

  12. #32

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    For everyone saying no spell power pole-arms because only druids would be able to use them.... you guys do know that holy paladins can still equip pole-arms right? Its kind of weird how every healer/caster out there gets to choose between using a 2h staff or 1h/offhand while holy paladins are confined to 1h/shield. If they did make a spellpower pole-arm, boomkins, trees, and holy pallies could all use them. That's three specs. Compare that to defensive shields, only prot wars and prot pallies can use those. Suddenly it doesn't seem so out of the question does it?

    Granted, lore-wise it doesn't really make sense to have a pole-arm to buff your healing or casting, but when has lore ever stopped blizzard in the past?


    ...yes, I did register just to post this.

  13. #33

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori
    For everyone saying no spell power pole-arms because only druids would be able to use them.... you guys do know that holy paladins can still equip pole-arms right? Its kind of weird how every healer/caster out there gets to choose between using a 2h staff or 1h/offhand while holy paladins are confined to 1h/shield. If they did make a spellpower pole-arm, boomkins, trees, and holy pallies could all use them. That's three specs. Compare that to defensive shields, only prot wars and prot pallies can use those. Suddenly it doesn't seem so out of the question does it?

    Granted, lore-wise it doesn't really make sense to have a pole-arm to buff your healing or casting, but when has lore ever stopped blizzard in the past?


    ...yes, I did register just to post this.
    There have been a few +spellpower 2h Maces out there.

    And even though they don't have shields, druids have in the past also been confined to the 1h/off-hand combo as well, just as much as paladins, and in most cases, the 2hand mace just hasn't been worth it. And in general, they suck for Paladins almost as much as they have sucked for druids to take because they make neither good caster weapon nor the best melee weapon option. For druids, the FAP Moonkin option on some spellpower staves approached a middle ground, but even Blizzard has said that the melee boomkin option was a failed mistake.

  14. #34

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    I'm not taking into consideration pre-bc itemization at all. In BC, there was only one spellpower 2h mace... and that thing was an abomination... some blizzard employee on crack. I'm not saying there should be a pole-arm with hybrid dps/spellpower stats. I'm talking bout, as I'm sure everyone else was, a weapon that is pole-arm by type, but otherwise a caster staff.

  15. #35

    Re: Moonkins with Polearms!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori
    I'm not taking into consideration pre-bc itemization at all. In BC, there was only one spellpower 2h mace... and that thing was an abomination... some blizzard employee on crack. I'm not saying there should be a pole-arm with hybrid dps/spellpower stats. I'm talking bout, as I'm sure everyone else was, a weapon that is pole-arm by type, but otherwise a caster staff.
    Like the awesome Scythe's?

    I had a green scythe, polearm for my warrior alt one day. But both the one from Ahune and the one from the Warlock Quest are staves.
    In the Groves of Death

  16. #36
    Diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie diediediediediediediediediediediediediediediedie

  17. #37
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Stranger things have happened - there's a caster fist weapon in Naxx >.<
    Atleast 5 specs of casters (1x Monk, 2x Druids and 2x Shaman) can use fists. 5 of 34 is a fairly high rate.

    It's not like Agility daggers, which are used by a two specs (Ass/Sub Rogue) in the game.
    In Firelands, there was an Int axe: Holy Paladin and 2x Sammy were the only ones that could use it, but enh Shaman gimmicked it to be usefull, for a single patch.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2021-06-02 at 05:06 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  18. #38
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto View Post
    You know, you better not joke about caster polearms...

    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39763
    I actually used that for a while in WotLK, and I remember it precisely because it was so unusual!

  19. #39
    Phew, this zombie stinks. Somebody got Febreze?

  20. #40
    2008?! Great googly moogly...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •