Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The art of Shadow damage!

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    well another captain america ... glad to see you are so pro and polite but i still can beat you on patchwerk . Your report does not prof anything or is relevant to the discussion above , the tipical american arrogance is made of fail and so are you.

ITT :
    If you are so good why do you play in such a crap guild ... disscuss.
    Lol... stop trolling Spanglish fought Kel'Thuzad, a pachwork fight is irelevent really

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    well another captain america ... glad to see you are so pro and polite but i still can beat you on patchwerk . Your report does not prof anything or is relevant to the discussion above , the tipical american arrogance is made of fail and so are you.

ITT :
    If you are so good why do you play in such a crap guild ... disscuss.
    Actually if you read both WWS reports for patchwerk only, you guys only differ 5 DPS points, which is pretty much nothing imo... Stop flaming the dude, he has his gear choices, which imo are quite good, doesnt crit improve overal dmg as well now for shadowpriests? and artan if you're so goddamn more knowledgeable and imba as he is, a 5 dps difference isn't really going to convince anyone (just read both reports on patchwerk kill...)

5 dps is 5 dps!! and i am not knowledgeable and imba as you speak off , i was just pointing out what was tested by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Monky
    Lol... stop trolling Spanglish fought Kel'Thuzad, a pachwork fight is irelevent really
    http://wowwebstats.com/sp3e4namuvapi?s=695837-736473 , there you go.

patchwerk is the best dps mark we have in the current content ... if you find any bether please share.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

his gear is noticable worse than yours artan, and he is very close to your dps, i agree he uses the wrong meta, i agree he needs better ring enchants, but i disagree you beat him

he has about 100 less haste, 1,x% less crit, 80 less spellpower, worse gems and he's does the same dps...

Quote Originally Posted by plspirit
    his gear is noticable worse than yours artan, and he is very close to your dps, i agree he uses the wrong meta, i agree he needs better ring enchants, but i disagree you beat him

he has about 100 less haste, 1,x% less crit, 80 less spellpower, worse gems and he's does the same dps...
    well , i did got alot of loot that run (2x rings , phat wand , boots ) but that's not the issue , i will beat him scarping swd out of the cycle and using my curent gear setup (hitcaped/sp/crit meta) that was the start of the hole disscussion that ended in the flame fest we see now.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    [item=41285] scale alot better with gear than the other two. That should be very obvious to anyone, we're talking 3% more damage, a PERCENTAGE more damage!
    3% larger crit damage actually equates to 4.5%, and for anyone who can understand numbers there is plenty of info in the best gear threads on shadowpriest.com which unequivocally show that if you are not using this meta you are losing damage... the other 2 options are non options.

I don't agree wth Nezoia 100% of the time but it's obvious he knows his stuff and on this occasion he is very very correct.

Back onto the orginal topic... shadow priest dps is obviously very viable and it will scale better than before but I have a feeling by the end of WotLK we won't be fighting for the top of the dps meters... not that that bothers me mind you...

However I think our poor returns on haste combined with a decent portion of our damage comming from dots is going to see us slide in dps in comparison to some other classes... you only need to do a quick heroic boss under the effect of bloodlust/heroism to see how poor haste influences our dps.

What I am finding is that in encounters where there are many phases, a long fight duration and lots of movement we are extremely competitive if not the best there is.... this is where DoTs work for us as they are very effecient under these circumstances.

My main problem with spriests is how poor we are at pvp... I really do feel we are at the bottom of the pvp food chain, melee have far too many anti caster abilities combined with increased damage to lower armor targets compared to caster dps being the same regardless of armor/class. I also find that we have no real burst to put opponents under pressure without taking 15 seconds to set it up which is just too long in comparison to melee which can hurt you immediately. A lot of people are saying this will fix with reslience but I can't see melee getting worse with higher reslience, its just a case of us going from poor to average with melee going from good to excellent. I also don't feel I should have to have oodles of reslience to be viable in beginner pvp, I kinda feel an equal playing field at all times should be the goal.

Draethas

I havent played Priest in level 80 yet, so I can't say anything about if they are good or bad, but when I look at their spells and abilities and when I watch my friends play them, it seems like they are excellent at PvP.

Priest have instant cast Fear, many instant damage over time (makes more damage if you have higher critt with Shadow Form), and yeah lets not forget Shadow Form! It can remove movement imparing effects with talents, makes higher damage and takes less damage and taking less damage means a Shield hold for longer time. We gain HP while DoTs are up and also from VE. If we need HP we just cast some healing spells and if the damage is too high, we have our Dispersion! Also a great detail about Priest is that they can cast while having target behind them. so that means you can run away from a melee target while casting on it, This is a very unique ability in PvP if you use it right! When you're done casting, turn around and fear it, and while feared it will take high dmg because of dots, but if you keep damage it, it has no chance! And lets not forget we are the only one in the game who can remove Ice Block from Mages and Shields from Paladin, where other class' have to watch out and just run or wait. Priest isnt the weakest targets in PvP, Mages are alot easier to kill, they do not have shield, lower armor, lower health and no healing, though they make excellent damage in short time, but they die very fast!
    I once duelled with my Priest friend, and he was in level 74-75. I was my Mage 80 with great gear from Tailoring which gave alot of stamina , intellect (critt and mana) and ressilience. I was a PvE build Frostfire, but he could make up to 60% damage on me, before i killed him.
    So in my opinion and out of what I have seen in videos and from friends etc. Priest are equal to other class' if not better, they have manu varouis spells, they can use for different situations because of they can fill 2 roles.

it seems like they are excellent at PvP.
    No.

Just No.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    No.

Just No.
    ^^

This ....

TBC ya you'd get ganked once in a while, but could put up a good fight.
    Wrath its just flat not funny, even popping dispersion, its just 6 seconds for them to emote and build combo points/rage/cooldowns then BANG %^&*() DED@!
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Draethas
    I havent played Priest in level 80 yet, so I can't say anything about if they are good or bad, but when I look at their spells and abilities and when I watch my friends play them, it seems like they are excellent at PvP.

Priest have instant cast Fear, many instant damage over time (makes more damage if you have higher critt with Shadow Form), and yeah lets not forget Shadow Form! It can remove movement imparing effects with talents, makes higher damage and takes less damage and taking less damage means a Shield hold for longer time. We gain HP while DoTs are up and also from VE. If we need HP we just cast some healing spells and if the damage is too high, we have our Dispersion! Also a great detail about Priest is that they can cast while having target behind them. so that means you can run away from a melee target while casting on it, This is a very unique ability in PvP if you use it right! When you're done casting, turn around and fear it, and while feared it will take high dmg because of dots, but if you keep damage it, it has no chance! And lets not forget we are the only one in the game who can remove Ice Block from Mages and Shields from Paladin, where other class' have to watch out and just run or wait. Priest isnt the weakest targets in PvP, Mages are alot easier to kill, they do not have shield, lower armor, lower health and no healing, though they make excellent damage in short time, but they die very fast!
    I once duelled with my Priest friend, and he was in level 74-75. I was my Mage 80 with great gear from Tailoring which gave alot of stamina , intellect (critt and mana) and ressilience. I was a PvE build Frostfire, but he could make up to 60% damage on me, before i killed him.
    So in my opinion and out of what I have seen in videos and from friends etc. Priest are equal to other class' if not better, they have manu varouis spells, they can use for different situations because of they can fill 2 roles.
    No. Stay off the weed. Thank god for disc tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

Hello,
    Hoping for some insightful comments on my questions. Sorry if i posted in the wrong topic but i can't find any topics that pertains to my questions.

1. In boss fights let say its just tank and spank situation (patchwork).
    - I've read somewhere that the recommended dps rotation is (swd > vt > dp > pop inner focus mb > swp > flay) is that correct ? please correct me if im wrong and hope to hear a clear answer.

2. After casting swd on the initial spell rotation, do you still use it after its cd, im getting mixed numbers from it sometimes i only do 1k+ dmg sometimes i hit 6k+ dmg.
    - I've been hearing people in game saying that swd has been removed in the rotation during boss fights because of lat and mana issues, the poorer your lat the worse you'll do if you use swd ( is that correct ? please correct me if im worng and hoping to hear a clear answer )

3. In heroics or 2-3 trash pulls situations which would net you the most dps.
    a. cast vt > swp on all targets then back to SKULL or tanks target then use Mind Seer
    b. cast vt > swp > dp> mb > swd > flay follow the kill order (single target no aoe)

Thanks again in advance for reading and replying to my post

1. In boss fights let say its just tank and spank situation (patchwork).
    - I've read somewhere that the recommended dps rotation is (swd > vt > dp > pop inner focus mb > swp > flay) is that correct ? please correct me if im wrong and hope to hear a clear answer.
    Except your tanks might whine about the SW, it's correct. I personally prefer VT.

2. After casting swd on the initial spell rotation, do you still use it after its cd, im getting mixed numbers from it sometimes i only do 1k+ dmg sometimes i hit 6k+ dmg.
    No, only if there's movement involved and you're 110% sure you can take the backlash.

3. In heroics or 2-3 trash pulls situations which would net you the most dps.
    Spam Mind Sear if you absolutly want to win the damage meter, go OOM, and listen to the other four whine about you have to drink.

Or slack on dps, and singletarget what you want to kill, and eventually multidot stuff even it's rarely worth the trouble.

@Nezoia
    Thanks for the quick reply. Does blackout proc during mindseer ? Is inner focus worth getting ?

Why is it not good to use swd in standing fights ?
    whats the reason behind it ?

Thanks

@ "Does blackout proc during mindseer ?"
    - No idea, ask some of the PvP people, haha. But I guess it does.

@ "Is inner focus worth getting ?"
    - Well, it's around 1600-2400 free mana per fight, if you know how to use it. I'm not a big fan of it. I'm really terrible at using cooldowns.

Why is it not good to use swd in standing fights ?
    whats the reason behind it ?
    Uh, oh.

I think 200 of my posts is arguments about that specific problems. There's loads of threads here and there, and on various other forums, and simulations on simulationcraft etc.

tl;dr: Not doing enough damage compared to a Mind Flay both mana wise, and GCD use.

If you really want the long numbers for it, look it up yourself