Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Gladiator Slappywagzz on Priests in S5

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Maybe you guys are just bad and don't know how to spec and use your spells properly? Why not give it a shot before bashing someone who knows how to play just because you don't?
    im sorry to say this but i disagree whit you , even if you hump pilars like no one else , kite the best you can and time all your stuff properly shadow wont stand a chance in 2's and 3's (5's well .. well see), if they see a dark thingy they go for it and your dead. Ok you mencion spec ... not all want to go disc (at least i dont) and completly change your gameplay ... i am not a pvp god or even close but i know one thing .. cleave teams own cloth and 8 out of 10 (in my batle group) are mele fests.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

kill a Priest with pain surpression, PI, aegis
    right, this is extremely hard, when anyone finds one of these priests, please tell me, i'd like to know the secret

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    I agree that Spriests are hard to kill. But that guy is full of Lulz
    then you play a caster of some sort ... mele only as to face roll and he wins

Deleted

you are a caster. You are supposed to do damage from range.
    you're totally right.
    but there's ONE SIMPLE PROBLEM as it comes to melees. they are supposed to do dmg in melee range, right? thus they got abilities to get into melee range, right?
    if a ranged class has NO abilities to get out of melee range (and that cant be countered with ease) he's a dead piece of meat.

Deleted

You people really don't realise that slappywagzzzz is joking?

but its not funney :S

I don't think Rogue Mage Priest is going to be a very good combo because Mages and Rogues are pretty weak at the moment. Priests are probably the best healer in the game right now but I don't think they'll be good enough to carry the other two =\
    hrhr :

Quote Originally Posted by Monky
    Slappywagzz: I really think Priests are amazingly strong right now. Definately one of the strongest classes if not THE strongest, both Shadow and Disc.

LOL! I got hitt down inn less then a sec with 22k HP and ca 560 ressi or so by a warrior today, (I got 2 deadly) I hope that was a lucky sudden death! (btw was tank spec even!)
    you do know that 560 resilience in WoTLK is about the same as 150 resilience in TBC? so stop with the complainment until your resi capped, on my warrior in TBC I kinda 1 shotted all classes (no matter what armor value) if they had 0 resilience, and your cloth.... geez ofc you need capped resilience to NOT die in PvP.

and yes, priests overall will be damn strong when you can hit resilience cap.

and I can tell that, kinda all the noobs have clicked on this thread and wrote their though about it, and I mean, learn PvP before you talk about it, reading most posts in this thread is like watching a bunch of Monkeys Humping a football

Quote Originally Posted by Pookiepoh
    you do know that 560 resilience in WoTLK is about the same as 150 resilience in TBC? so stop with the complainment until your resi capped, on my warrior in TBC I kinda 1 shotted all classes (no matter what armor value) if they had 0 resilience, and your cloth.... geez ofc you need capped resilience to NOT die in PvP.

have you done some caluculation how much will resilience help you against 14k ambush crits? Maybe it will be 10500 crits. Ye kinda helps you geez...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    Are you referring to that key that makes the character move forward!! That should be nerfed!!
    you're joking right?
    what i was talking about is:
    -stealth
    -charge
    -death grip
    -sprint
    -lolstep
    +-ranged slows

you could add all abilities used to stay in melee range if you like: slow, stun (won't list 'em all by name)

I really think Priests are amazingly strong right now. Definately one of the strongest classes if not THE strongest, both Shadow and Disc.

Source: http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=53566

=)

15+ Year Old Account

and I can tell that, kinda all the noobs have clicked on this thread and wrote their though about it, and I mean, learn PvP before you talk about it, reading most posts in this thread is like watching a bunch of Monkeys Humping a football
    And HOW THE FLYING FUCK are you supposed to get ZE GOOD RESILIENCE GEAR which requires 1800-2200 arena rating if you are getting oneshotted and/or stunlocked to death without being able to do ANYTHING about it all the time? Tell me, please.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    And HOW THE FLYING FUCK are you supposed to get ZE GOOD RESILIENCE GEAR which requires 1800-2200 arena rating if you are getting oneshotted and/or stunlocked to death without being able to do ANYTHING about it all the time? Tell me, please.
    I'm all ears Einstein. Please school me on what AetherMcLoud asked you.

I'd like to hear something on this topic too. Information required. It's dumb when some people (Xclass Xspec) can already get gear / arenapoints for better items when worse classes / specs have to struggle at 1800~ and mostly lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Decapitation
    have you done some caluculation how much will resilience help you against 14k ambush crits? Maybe it will be 10500 crits. Ye kinda helps you geez...
    I would guess the resi cap is around 900-1000 in wotlk, and if it scales down the "ambush" crits to 10500 hp? thats like 40%-50% of your hp in PvP gear, and thats not to bad? since in TBC rogue/warriors ect could easily hit down a cloth/leather equipped class to around 50%-60% hp in one single strike (with resi capped), and atm everyone is using PvE gear for PvP, and the damage will be nurfed little from using PvP gear (less ap, crit, spell power and such) so lets say that 10500 ambush crits will be around 9500 damage in full PvP equip? and your health will prolly be around 23k+ in full Deadly Gladiator gear, and lets look at season 1 in TBC shall we? Paladin Warrior got a free way up to top1 in 2on2 without having skills, due of warriors 1 shotting every target with 0 resilience, and a paladin with freedom and 12 second immune to all dmg bubble? well that was a win win, and lets see, how many paladin warrior teams got far in s2 s3 s4? well not to many.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    With skills and the strongest combo your class can play in 2on2? and the blue pvp gear dosent requier rating.. lol first off, ebay some skills then farm honor and get ur rating for deadly gear, or just go with hateful if ur pleased with that.

The FULL Deadly mage set + off-items and trinket...

So thats head, shoulders, chest, legs, gloves, belt, bracers, back, boots, ring and PvP trinket

Gives a flat 460 resil.. + 50 for the set bonus

510 now you can get anther 15 and 20 resil from helm / shoulder enchants and anther 20 from chest..

So thats 560 resil and 9 sockets.. that you could gem up with resil.. with 16 resil

16x9 = 144 + 560 is 704..

So the bottom line is.. even if you can reach 1850 rating and you enchant / gem EVERYTHING with resil your still going to be 500 resil off the cap!! NOW STFU about this crap idea that you can get 1200+ resil in blues or that cloth wears should only be viable as a if they have the resil cap..

source: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=4196...22:41901:42122

15+ Year Old Account

With skills and the strongest combo your class can play in 2on2? and the blue pvp gear dosent requier rating.. lol first off, ebay some skills then farm honor and get ur rating for deadly gear, or just go with hateful if ur pleased with that.
    LOL you stupid troll. I pvp'd when you were shitting your trousers still judging by your choice of language. I probably got more skill in my pinky finger than you in your whole body. What class do you play? Let me guess, either undead rogue, some warrior, bloodelf paladin, or mage. And just FYI, I have 2 pieces deadly, 1 savage (or whatever the drop from the 25man boss is called in english) and the rest hatefull. Fully gemmed, enchanted. I still die in every fucking stunlock.

If I don't trinket/dispersion the cheap shot / HoJ I'm dead right there. If I trinket/dispersion a rogue just kidney shots, Retardadin doesn't even have to restun me because he still hits for like 4000-6000 through dispersion (and mind you shadow priests got around 45% absorption through armor, and dispersion does -90% damage). When I'm able to breath outside of the stuntrain for a second even I have like 2 options:

Fear. LOL rogues just CloS it, Paladin bubbles/trinkets it on the spot, warriors and ferals are immune anyway.
    Divine Hymn: LOL again, as if they would let me cast a 1,5 seconds spell without interrupting/silencing.
    Instant Dots: Clos and Bubble again, and they need 24 seconds to do their full damage.
    Healing: ProM only is a onetime heal for around 4000-5000 if it crits, renew is a hot again. Heals with casttime are not available because of interrupts/silences again.
    Shielding: LOL I've seen melees auto-attacking it away in a matter of like 2 seconds.

THERE IS NO OPTION TO DO ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SKILL YOU FORUM TROLL. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH CLASS IMBALANCE.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Another note, Dispersion is currently broken.
    Sometimes (not sure what causes it), some attacks will go through at full damage. It seems to happen with pets a lot.
    Recently, I was being beat on by a Mage + Retadin, then noticed a 1600 crit in Dispersion. I checked Recount after, and it was from a Water Elemental's Waterbolt. And no, this wasn't just before/after I dispersed, it was pretty much in the middle of the duration.

Skill plays a big factor. I have a rogue and I know 90% of the priests i come across I can kill no matter gear HOWEVER you get that 1 in 10 priest that is just impossible to bring down. They know exactly when to use their abilities, they know when you have used your cooldowns ect ect.