Any guides to shadow priest PvP?

I have always been a pve player at heart, only doing arena for the weapons which were just insane at the time, however having cleared all the content in about 2 weeks and with the reset to gear (no more getting facerolled by idiots who only kill me because of gear cough warriors cough) I thought some pvp would be fun to try seriously.

Now yes I need to learn fast how to do it properly, when I was doing S1/2 was able to find stuff like waiting through the first stun with rogues and trinketing the second and little tips like that but are there any guides for shadow priests with tips and tricks? I'm well aware you won't find guides like pve bosses but ideas and tricks would be good to read.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Any guides to shadow priest PvP?

Don't be a shadow priest in arena. You will get raped.

IMHO holy with blessed resilience and either full with guardian spirit or hybrid with disc up to power infusion, reflective shield and focused will is the way to go. Sad but true. I too would love to play arena as a shadow priest (which I really enjoy in pve) or disc (which I too enjoy as a healing spec), but I just cannot see it workin until you have a reasonable amount of resilience - which probably means somewhere aroud 800.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yes the arena maps heavily favor melee. A priest is a caster and performs best when he can obtain a terrain obstruction. You can't wear cloth and expect to beat a melee class wearing heavy armor and wielding a big sword standing right next to them.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted

The best guide to pvping as shadow .. is to go Disp..
    PRE - Wotlk u could do ok with a rogue in 2v2s. But with World of mellee 2 hits you craft. Its not really possible anymore.

as the others said. If you're gonna pvp with a priest, do not specc shadow. It's 0 survivability for pvp. Sure Dispersion might make you a lesser god for 6 seconds but if your opponent is really fast that's 6 seconds of quality right hand time, since all you'll be doing is jumping around like a silly shadowbubble.