Some PVP help ...

Hey guys and gals ....

Just need some advice if you would as i have hit 80 and been raiding a lot but find myself getting beat by everything in PVP ....

I am sure part of my problem is being destro as we all know it is about the worst pvp build but i shouldn't be getting my ass handed to me so damn quickly ....

I have found that as always rogues kill us fairly easily .... but now it appears to be almost embarrassing ... even much lower level rogues are killing me with little to no effort ....

Normal rogue fight is ... Sap .... stun lock .... death coil .... cloak of shadows ... immune ... grave yard

Normal warrior fight is .... fear ... immune ... grave yard

Normal pally fight is bubble ... immune ... immune .... grave yard

Normal mage fight is .... fear ... dot .. dot ... ice block ... immune .. grave yard

etc etc ...

It appears that everything in game is immune to everything i throw at them .. or they just remove it all instantly ... how can anyone in game be immune to what we cast ... Can i be immune to their sword or dagger swings? Did I not buy a spell or like an idiot not take it out of my spell book?

And if a locks dots tick every 3 seconds or so ... the global cool down is 1.5 seconds ... doesnt that mean in the current 2 second fights we are dead before we can cast all of our dots? Because i can not for the life of me figure out how to stay alive with everything immune to my only defensive skill ....

I know when the game came out locks were the bastard children of the game ... then we became a bit to strong ... now i feel like we are being punished.

At any rate .... this is not a QQ post but a request for some help and or ideas from some of you more savy PVP players .... because it is bad enough currently that I am thinking of changing classes but really dont want to throw 3+ years of playing my lock away if I am just doing something wrong ... i shouldnt need to be afraid to leave dalaran

And if this is broken like i am thinking ... could it be taking so long to fix at this point because the game itself has changed so much that our class no longer as a viable position in the game? If they give us big burst we are mages with another name ... yet the fear changes have been given to every class so that would require almost an entire game change .... i am thinking the devs might of programed themselves into a corner .... 2 second fights will never = Damage over time

Hell our only true defensive move is to turn and run ... yet ... it has been made so we can not do that either with ever classes ability to stun, ice, charge or grab n pull you back ....

Thanks all for any advice you might give ....

Re: Some PVP help ...

warlock pvp is broken atm it isn't just you.
    blizzard is trying to fix it.
    we are doomed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

try something like this
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...11300030000000

Use corruption, SL and some random glyph.

Demon armor , not fel.

U should get some decent surv, with SL/SL and nether protection , + quite a lot of insta sb should give ur enemy a pain, and if they kill ur demon just ress him.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000

this is what i have been using. use my succubuss with instant seduction and soul link. while they r seduced i through out my biggest burst spells. then reseduce. once they become immune to my seduce i will either throw a death coil or shadowfury then reseduce them. its not the best spec cause my pet is still getting 2-3 shotted. after that im pretty much a sitting duck. although even with soul link im getting hit for around 5-6k crits a lot. other than that, it seems to be the most viable spec i have found at the moment

As a warrior i have to say i feel your pain, however, i do have some advice which might be of some use.

Demonic Circle.

Of the skilled warlocks that i have come accross this is the one thing that makes things difficult for me. A well placed demonic cricle can be the difference between winning or losing any 1v1 confrontation in BGs or arena. I am amazed at the amount of warlocks that just dont use it.

In short, put it in places which have obvious height advantages, for example, in Nagrand arena pop it on a post next to the bridge. If you get attacked by melee drop down, if they follow you then teleport back up. You then have free reign to destroy the foolish melee on the arena floor. Other such good places are places that would otherwise obscure its visibility i.e. in an arena starting area or perhaps inside the Mage Tower in EOTS. If your opponent hasnt seen it he wont know where you have teleported to. These very things make it a vital tool for surviveability and imo its far better than a mages blink.

Of course the above conditions for using demonic circle may not always be permitable and in that case i have this further amount of advice for you;

Operate from your demonic circle at its maximum range for teleportation; 40 yards. Hopefully someone will set up a good MOD which tells you exactly how far away it is. If you can do this you will be out of your melee opponents intercept/shadowstep/deathgrip range. This then becomes your opportunity to DOT and kite, (because your spell range is greater). Im not gonna say this will fix your class but i will say its an opportunity to get that edge. Dont worry though, i am still amazed at the amount of hunters that still havent learnt to use disengage yet.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Equivocator
    As a warrior i have to say i feel your pain, however, i do have some advice which might be of some use.

Demonic Circle.

Of the skilled warlocks that i have come accross this is the one thing that makes things difficult for me. A well placed demonic cricle can be the difference between winning or losing any 1v1 confrontation in BGs or arena. I am amazed at the amount of warlocks that just dont use it.

In short, put it in places which have obvious height advantages, for example, in Nagrand arena pop it on a post next to the bridge. If you get attacked by melee drop down, if they follow you then teleport back up. You then have free reign to destroy the foolish melee on the arena floor. Other such good places are places that would otherwise obscure its visibility i.e. in an arena starting area or perhaps inside the Mage Tower in EOTS. If your opponent hasnt seen it he wont know where you have teleported to. These very things make it a vital tool for surviveability and imo its far better than a mages blink.

Of course the above conditions for using demonic circle may not always be permitable and in that case i have this further amount of advice for you;

Operate from your demonic circle at its maximum range for teleportation; 40 yards. Hopefully someone will set up a good MOD which tells you exactly how far away it is. If you can do this you will be out of your melee opponents intercept/shadowstep/deathgrip range. This then becomes your opportunity to DOT and kite, (because your spell range is greater). Im not gonna say this will fix your class but i will say its an opportunity to get that edge. Dont worry though, i am still amazed at the amount of hunters that still havent learnt to use disengage yet.

Good Luck.

as you said a 1v1 confrontation. the chances of a single melee attacking you without some sort of anti lolcircle plan is low real low. THAT STUPID CIRCLE IS VISIBLE FOR ALL TO SEE.......... if there are more than 1 attacking you then your screwed. not to mention lolcircle doesn't break stun or other cc's. it also doesn't prevent the enormous damage we receive. all in all the circle fixes nothing except the 1v1 aspect of pvp which isn't much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Only a bad warrior would let a warlock lollygag around to put a nice summing circle might as well wait for the lock to put you into combat to not get a charge off as well