Question about spellpower proc's

Here's something I just thought of, Im sure it can be answered very quickly. Ok, say your sundial of the exiled proc's which increases your spellpower by 590, I was just wondering, does it affect your already applied and ticking dots or would it not increase the dmg output untill you applied a dot while currently being affected by the proc? I mean like say when you apply corruption you have 2000 spellpower so it starts ticking for about 1000 each time, and then in the middle of corruptions duration your sundial procs so you then have 2590 spellpower, would it start ticking for 1300 or so as soon as you got that spellpower increase or would you have to apply your dot while your proc is up and you have that 2590 spellpower? I hope I am asking this correctly in a way people will understand instead of just confusing everyone.

On the corruption tooltip it says "corrupts the target, causing x shadow damage over 18 secs" so like when I apply the dot its going to do a set amount of damage, just over the coarse for 18 seconds, so when its duration of 18 seconds is up the total amount of X would have been reached. X obviously being dependant on your spellpower. What Im saying is if your spellpower increases in the middle of corruptions duration would it still continue to tick for the same amount to reach its total of X that was set when you first applied the dot while having your normal amount of spellpower or would the damage of the ticks increase to accomodate for the increase of spellpower given from the proc? Also say your trinket procs AND THEN you apply corruption, the total X would increase because of the spellpower gain, so the amount of damage for each tick would increase to reach that total of X after 18 seconds, well the trinket proc only lasts for 10 secs, after the proc is gone would your ticks still tick at that increased amount to reach the increased total of X set when you first applied the dot while under the affect of the proc, or would it go back to the original total from your normal amount of spellpower.

God I really hope someone gets what Im saying, I'm not very good at getting out what I see in my head and I think I may have just confused myself and everyone else who has read this. Haha. Well even if you can partially understand this any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.

Re: Question about spellpower proc's

I get what you are saying.

However, I think the dots will keep ticking for the same amount, so you should reapply your dots if you want the heavy spelldamage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mats
    I get what you are saying.

However, I think the dots will keep ticking for the same amount, so you should reapply your dots if you want the heavy spelldamage.
    completely right.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling, due to the following post:
    "- making ur pet stronger than a warrior and getting bladestorm and all those cool attacks and yea dont forget that the warlock should get 2 talent points instead of 1 every level."

Hm, Im not sure if this is applicable since it is attack power, but I know that when my Mirror of Truth procs my rip and claw damage numbers seem to go up, even on already ticking ones. I could be mistaken or miss some other mechanic here tho.

I just tested it on a test dummy, I applied corruption and then just kept spamming siphon life till my trinket procced so I would have an already ticking corruption. Before the trinket procced my corruption ticked for about 1200, then the trink procced and corruption kept ticking for the same amount =( no change at all. Then I spammed siphon life till I got the trinket to proc and once it did I applied a new corruption and it started ticking for 1500 each, I watched it and even when the proc and spellpower bonus disappated it kept ticking for 1500 untill it finished its duration. So yea, what was said above was correct, in order to get the damage increase from the trinket proc you have to reapply your dots. I'm a bit dissappointed by that, but at least the dots will keep ticking for the increased amount even after the trinkets spellpower increase dissapates, so thats good news I guess. Thanks for the input.
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.

Confirmation: If I apply a HOT with spellpower-trinket or procc or whatever and that effect fades, a reapply will fail with an "more powerful effect allready on the target" error. So the moment you cast a DOT/HOT, the spellpower you have determines the strenght of the effects entire duration.

This thread clearly shown who is playing wlock less then 3 years :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reveil
    This thread clearly shown who is playing wlock less then 3 years :P
    ^^
    I have played a lock since live and sometimes I need to ask questions because mechanics change. Dont give the guy a hard time for trying to better understand his class. At least he has decided to continue playing his Warlock in these dire PvP times; a lot better than most who just dumped their locks for DKs.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Yes, the damage per tick of a DoT or HoT is calculated when you apply it to the target.

No real need to test it, it's been common knowlegde for 3 years

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

For those of you who are wondering what Haunt/Everlasting Affliction does to it. It will treat the resetting of the timer of Corruption when you cast Haunt as a re-apply and so if you cast Haunt with a popped trinket the next ticks of Corruption will have increased damage.

15+ Year Old Account

This thread if any should proove the superiority of the fixed 98 spelldamage / proc haste ones above crit/spelldamage proc trinkets.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

i wonder though:

when Corruption is "re-applied" by Everlasting Affliction, does it go off of your CURRENT spellpower, or that of your Spellpower when you cast it that very first time?

some interesting possibilities here....

with EAffliction, if it doesnt reset the SP number to your "current" SP when it refreshes, then you could throw a huge Corruption up with a proc and then keep it alive for an entire fight. Interesting, and could have some very powerful affects on long-term dps

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Nope, like I said, Considor Haunt the same as reapplying the corruption. Let's say you have procced trinkets and you have 2800 sp when you put on Haunt, the Corruption will tick as if you applied it with 2800 sp. If the proc buffs run out and you cast the next Haunt with 2000 sp the Corruption will now tick like you applied it with 2000 sp.

Example
    Corruption is ticking for 1000.
    You cast Haunt while you have some sortof trinket buff and it refreshes Corruption.
    Corruption now ticks for 1300.
    Your trinket buffs run out and you are at your normal sp again.
    You cast Haunt and again it refreshes Corruption
    Corruption now ticks for 1000 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul
    i wonder though:

when Corruption is "re-applied" by Everlasting Affliction, does it go off of your CURRENT spellpower, or that of your Spellpower when you cast it that very first time?

some interesting possibilities here....

with EAffliction, if it doesnt reset the SP number to your "current" SP when it refreshes, then you could throw a huge Corruption up with a proc and then keep it alive for an entire fight. Interesting, and could have some very powerful affects on long-term dps
    Resto druids used to use this trick with the brutally powerful healing trinket that dropped out of original Naxx. Eye of the Dead I think it was called...had some crazy powerful Use ability that gave like +490 healing for 10 seconds or something...

Anyway, people figured out that resto druids could pop the trinket and then as long as they never let rolling lifeblooms drop completely off of their targets every additional stack of it would keep the +490 bonus. Blizz eventually caught-on to how OP this was and fixed it. Therefore I don't see this being possible with lock DoTs.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games