Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How would you fix warlock PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by BlakSigma

And on another note..i rather have a lock for pvp then pve. Pve people just want healers and rogues anyway while locks do their best in smaller environments.
    People want rogues in pve? ROFL wut

PS Warlocks are god awful in pvp atm.

its clear most of you either dont play locks or havent played a lock since wotlk / 3.0 came out

Yes we suck at pvp atm, its a fact, its not a debate
    it has nothing to do with the players
    look at sites who show stats of arena teams, atm as i post this, only 4.4% of the top teams have warlocks, none of the top 100 players are warlocks
    check the forums, there are gladiator locks who know their class saying how they are easy targets for any class to kill, and its true

there is no more sl/sl, so stop bringing that up
    everyclass has some way to be immune to our damage, antimagic spells, bubbles, dispels, ice blocks, all that stuff
    we have no immunities at all to anything, even if an affliction lock was to fully dot up a another player, that player will easily kill the lock way before the haunt even comes back, by that time they can eat/drink or get heals

we dont even have any counter classes anymore

I would completely ignore it, as about... say... 60% of the classes and specs are utter tripe in PvP at the moment, and I'm tired of hearing all the rerolls from BC scream and kick and cry over it.

PvP sucks on the whole at the moment, its not just you, but rage on, douchebags, rage on.

Warlocks do have problems with the current build, but as resil increases, so should the number of highly ranked warlocks.

Also warlocks don't have it the worst of all the class and still they still have very potent spells, like CoT, fears and pet skills (non-specific spec).

1) Make soulshards unnecessary in arenas and BGs. Its not like you can farm them while you are trying to kill players as quickly as possible (I know you technically can but its counter productive). In raids you have trash pulls to restock.

2) Make Demonic Circle usable while stunned and remove stun effects from the caster.

3) Make the teleport circle only visible to the caster

4) Take Fear and Seduce off the same DR since fear is now, effectively, useless in most situation.

5) Fix the issue with Metamorphosis where sunders are affecting total armor in demon form. The base armor should be calculated off of your total armor before armor reducing effects, not your total armor at that current time.

6) Increase the duration (not the amount of damage absorbed) of the shield granted by sacrificing a VW to 60 seconds. The only reason why I suggest this is because it give the Warlock more time to engage an enemy. Currently its too easy for Rogues, Mages, druids, and other classes to avoid warlocks until the bubble has run its course.

7) Have resilience lower WHITE damage from all sources; this includes spell damage. The crit reduction and crit damage reduction effects all classes. The reduction in DoT damage only effects locks and spriests. Why should resilience lower only damage sources from 2 classes and not all classes?

8) Have haste increases the speed of the ticks from channeled spells.

9) Implement some Minor Glyphs that can actually be considered VIABLE for PvP.

Those are some of my suggestions. Im not saying all of them are perfect but its what I believe could be done to improve the situation.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuiper
    Warlocks do have problems with the current build, but as resil increases, so should the number of highly ranked warlocks.

Also warlocks don't have it the worst of all the class and still they still have very potent spells, like CoT, fears and pet skills (non-specific spec).
    yes it is hard to completely see how things are until resil amount levels out, but saying we dont have it the worst is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The only argument you could make for a class being worse would be a healing spec because burst is so high right now that healing is trivial. Those "very potent spells" you speak of such as CoT - Arcane mages have it better(movement as well and doesnt cancel one of their highest damaging effects.) Fear - almost every class has the ability to reduce duration, break, or be completely immune to fear - not to mention fear breaks WAY too easily. Pet skills - warlock pets are WORTHLESS due to the fact that either a) enemy focuses lock and he dies in <10 seconds or b) they focus the pet and it dies in <3 secs.

A decent start would be:
    - combining CoEx and CoT but adding a CD or putting deeper down aff.
    - teleport usable during stuns and invisible to enemy
    - 1 other way to escape or disengage melee, something of the like of frost nova, but not exactly the same obv. Not even quite sure how it could work, but honestly teleport being the only means of escaping from melee is NOT enough.

For being a class relying mainly on dots(in theory atleast, destruction aside as locks dont have the possibility to overcome res with "shatter" combos) we have the fewest ways to get away from melee compared to almost any other class.

Oh and as an aside, meta is almost entirely worthless a lot of the time, 1 charge, no snare, susceptible to cc. Nerf the damage bonus but make more like BW

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    Q: How would you fix warlock PvP?

A: Reroll Death Knight

*rimshot*
    this, i love it and true till blizzard makes changes

Resilience is a joke.

Burst makes resilience look like spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    1 spell would fix them.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=11412

Offensively warlocks are lethal, defensively they suck arse. 1 mellee protection spell that renders the warlock unable to acto offensively other than the dots already up on an opponent would fix them.

Can be used while stunned ofc.
    Dunno if I like that concept. Trading one can of worms for another. Im fine with not being able to cast and being snared but if magic can hurt us and we cannot do anything in return it seems too constrictive.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Myself:

- Demon armor changes the armor bonus from cloth pieces to that of mail according to the item level of each piece of cloth.
    - Demonic portal teleport now teleports you to your demon. Summon portal removed from the game. Breaks stuns and snares.
    - Shadowflame disarms. Cooldown increased to 30 seconds. Made single target.
    - Soulshatter now reduces all physical damage taken by 90% for 6 seconds.
    - Pets scale with 80% of hit, crit, spell pen, stam, intel, spell power, resilience
    - Fel domination now 1 minute cooldown
    Pretty much all of that is just shit, I'm a warlock myself but that doesn't mean I want to get mega boosted so we can go afk and still kill our opponents with our imps fire shield dmg.

Hmm, I'd settle for using one of our spells and actually having it work. How about See invisible, actually lets you see invisible?...Crazy no?

-3 point talent (13/23/33%) chance a melee attack causes the attacker to flee in horror for 2.5 seconds

fix the effing diminishing return inconsistency

Fear,Seduce,HOT & DC on the same DR is not cute when they're of totally different categories

they should implement the "horror" mechanic and stop clowning around it.
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    As soon as I aw the title of ths thread on the mmo main page I had to respond because how incredibly stupid it is. Fix warlock pvp? Since when in the history of wow has a warlock NOT been OP?

Fear dor fear dot fear dot fear dot till the target is dead. The only legit threat is a rogue.

As a paladin here is what happens. I attack, get feared. I trinket, and immediately feared again. I bubble, in the meantime the lock has started to run away. Can';t heal myself because I have to chase him. By the time I catch him the bubble is gone, just in time for a third and final fear before being dead.

Oh and did I mention the Sl/Sl spec where they mitigate damage to their demon as if they had plate on, so even if I manage to get to them I hit them for nothing even with 3500 AP.

If your a warlock and can't defeat anyone by hitting those two buttons(fear and dot) over and over, your bad and should uninstall and try everquest or something.

In conclusion, yes, fix warlock pvp, put them back down at the cult's level by hittng them with the nerf stick.
    "we're bad".????????.. LOL... ur a pally and cant kill a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    As soon as I aw the title of ths thread on the mmo main page I had to respond because how incredibly stupid it is. Fix warlock pvp? Since when in the history of wow has a warlock NOT been OP?

Fear dor fear dot fear dot fear dot till the target is dead. The only legit threat is a rogue.

As a paladin here is what happens. I attack, get feared. I trinket, and immediately feared again. I bubble, in the meantime the lock has started to run away. Can';t heal myself because I have to chase him. By the time I catch him the bubble is gone, just in time for a third and final fear before being dead.

Oh and did I mention the Sl/Sl spec where they mitigate damage to their demon as if they had plate on, so even if I manage to get to them I hit them for nothing even with 3500 AP.

If your a warlock and can't defeat anyone by hitting those two buttons(fear and dot) over and over, your bad and should uninstall and try everquest or something.

In conclusion, yes, fix warlock pvp, put them back down at the cult's level by hittng them with the nerf stick.
    Auch, epic failure~

Probably this wouldn't help much but at least Affliction warlocks would be able to get dots on the enemy faster:

Buff the talent "Amplify Curse", make it "Amplify Affliction" and reduce the global cooldown of all affliction spells by 0.5 secs (old - reduced the cooldown of all curses by 0.5 secs).

_______

Talent Frailty (yes, it does exist) Just remove this. I don't think anyone is spending points on this. We prefer CoEx over CoWeakness, and Curse of Recklessness (does anyone use this?) is just senseless: Curses the target with recklessness, increasing melee attack power by 135 but reducing armor by 1260 for 2 min. Cursed enemies will not flee. What the heck?! A spell that grants imunity to our only CC, reduces armor (yeah, we melee a lot) and increases Attack Power? Really useful indeed. The only chance this would be used is in PvE with the talent, but it isn't so gg. I remember I used it some times when I was level 15 so the Defias wouldn't run away and call other defias, but that's it.

How to chance this curse?

First: Change it's name (recklessness will not be apropriate for the following).

Second: Change the effect to the oposite (Cursed enemies will have more chances to flee or something like that)

Third: I don't know... I did think about magic vulnerability, but we have CoE for that. Maybe "the target is 20% more likely to miss it's melee attacks".

Fourth: remove the AP boost and armor reduction.
    "Warlocks need love"

15+ Year Old Account

Problem with that Carlos is not to make PvE too good

its not our damage thats the mainprob

we locks well dotters are used to deal damage over time and its fine, we need means to survive the time tho. damage isnt realyl an issue at all.

immunitis that counter our defense is tho since we cant meleetank since 6 monhts.

i think blz think like this as well, that damage is not the biggest issue but survivability and dispels
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

well how about since our dots are removed so easily and every1 is able to dispell them,

just a thought

Armor increased by 50% for every DoT on a target. Therefore if u have 6 dots on a warrior, by the time u get all your dots off u will have appr. 9kish armor?

but then it will be dispelled almost instnantly so u will only be able ot have 3 - 4 dots at a time on a person before they are insta - dispelled

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Problem with that Carlos is not to make PvE too good

its not our damage thats the mainprob

we locks well dotters are used to deal damage over time and its fine, we need means to survive the time tho. damage isnt realyl an issue at all.

immunitis that counter our defense is tho since we cant meleetank since 6 monhts.

i think blz think like this as well, that damage is not the biggest issue but survivability and dispels
    " Third: I don't know... I did think about magic vulnerability, but we have CoE for that. Maybe "the target is 20% more likely to miss it's melee attacks". "

Here is a good surviviability solution in my opinion...
    "Warlocks need love"