Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are "Best" glyphs Aff DPS?

I know this info has been posted some where in the forums here but I can't seem to find all my answers.
    So here goes...
    I am trying to determine what glyphs are best for warlock Raid DPS. Only really speaking of Major ones here.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42455
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42456

But now the last 1 I am unsure
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42469 ,
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42472 , Or
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42467

Here is my build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbuMAoqqMcstZE00V 56/0/15
    Rotation:
    SB > Haunt > UA > Immo > CoA > Corruption > SiLi > SB Spam, rinse and repeat with Felhunter attacking.

What do you think the best 3rd glyph should be to maximize DPS and also anything messed up in my spec or rotation?

Deleted

Re: What are "Best" glyphs Aff DPS?

I am going with the same first 2 you are using there, and currently using Shadow Bolt until i get hold of the siphon life one.

Corr, Immo, SL

CoA, Corr, Immo

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    Corr, Immo, SL
    Is indeed right. CoA are only for ppl who find the xtra secs nice with cyclemanagement.
    Corr is not that good either due to gcd stuff but slightly better than CoA. SL & Immolation are the real goodies, they increase damage not only making the tooltop people THINK it increase damage

Vidara: you miss that SL is probably the best one of them all, leaving it and as affliction, how stupid is that.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    Corr, Immo, SL
    ^^
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

CoA, Immo, SL

As Bakis has said CoA is for the rotation management, and believe me its far better to be able to have an effective rotation than the occasional insta SB so its CoA all the way for afflic locks imho.

M.

15+ Year Old Account

Corr, Immo, SL

COA makes your SL/COA rotation much simpler in that you cast Siphon Life -> COA in pairs, you will only ever lose .5s off Siphon Life.

I personally use COA because I can't be bothered to increase my dps at the expense of sanity. I do like the lack of rotation however.

R.I.P. YARG

i got a questen. is this you raid spec or some hybrid farm/raid/pvp spec.
    if its a pure raid spec than why have you skilled howl of terror and leave malediction out? 3% more damage
    and for raiding affli dark pact is a must have if your oom and the healers have better things to do than healing your life tap dark pact is the most usefull spell you could get.

Felconcentration and imp felhunter some useless talents at pve. the felhunter regens more mana than he ever could use for his shadowbite. And if you use the immolateglyph than i woud rather prefer 1point in moltencore and 3points in cataclysm than the 5points in imp shadowbolt. In most situations you use shadowbolt max 2times to fill some time until you recast a dot or lifetapp darkpact... and the first sbolt have to crit to get a use for the second sbolt or haunt thats so a low dpsincrease that its not worth putting 5points in there.

i chose a 54/0/17 spec because i prefer the range talents and leave nightfall out (have the corr glyphe)
    my specc http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IcxrbzbAoVqoIstZqzhVM
    in my situation (the lock who always put coElements on the boss because of the spellpenetration even if there is a chicken or dk) so there is no use for me to take glyphe of agony or put some points there.
    if a other warlock cast coe than i woud take the 2points out of imp.drainsoul and put it in coa.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos405
    if its a pure raid spec than why have you skilled howl of terror and leave malediction out? 3% more damage
    and for raiding affli dark pact is a must have if your oom and the healers have better things to do than healing your life tap dark pact is the most usefull spell you could get.

Felconcentration and imp felhunter some useless talents at pve. the felhunter regens more mana than he ever could use for his shadowbite. And if you use the immolateglyph than i woud rather prefer 1point in moltencore and 3points in cataclysm than the 5points in imp shadowbolt. In most situations you use shadowbolt max 2times to fill some time until you recast a dot or lifetapp darkpact... and the first sbolt have to crit to get a use for the second sbolt or haunt thats so a low dpsincrease that its not worth putting 5points in there.

i chose a 54/0/17 spec because i prefer the range talents and leave nightfall out (have the corr glyphe)
    in my situation (the lock who always put coElements on the boss because of the spellpenetration even if there is a chicken or dk) so there is no use for me to take glyphe of agony or put some points there.
    if a other warlock cast coe than i woud take the 2points out of imp.drainsoul and put it in coa.
    May I ask why you have specced into Molton Core by a point? Also whats with the added points into range? Seems a waste of points imo. You should be able to get 4/5 shadow bolts per rotation in there - giving that one of them should be the nightfall proc ?

A very bizzare spec that I have not tried yet. But the logic doesn't seem to add up

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I haven't had any problems with ranges on any fights yet, so I wouldn't choose Grim Reach and Destructive Reach over 2 points in Nightfall and 2 points in Imp SB or MC. BIt I guess that's a preference thing. Hell, at least you can actually hit the top wintergrasp cannons with that build. ;D

DPS wise it won't make a hell of a lot of differnce but on paper the 4 points in reach should have a little less DPS than the 4 points in Nightfall, MC or Imp SB.

I use CoA, Immo and SL btw for my Aff build.

We all agree about immo and SL glyphs being no brainer, and third choice being between Corruption and CoA (depending on how you manage the rotations).

I was wondering if there could be a third option. I've read several reports about affli locks using their imp instead of the fellpup and saying it had more DPS (due tu a felpup bug). Assuming onr chosses the path of the imp, would a glyph of imp (and 2 to 3 points in Imp Imp) be a better choice, dps-wise, than glyph of corruption ?

Anyone has done the maths ?

Here, let me fix that spec for ya

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVq0IstZEzbV

As for glyphs, Immo and SL, and take Corr or CoA as desired. I personally use Corr, but some swear on CoA. I dont think it makes GRAND difference, it's a matter of preference.

15+ Year Old Account

Thread Closed ;D

SL, Immo, always, Cor, maybe CoA for some as 3rd glyph

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Why would you ever put up CoE if there is an unholy death knight or a moonpie doing the debuffs for free while you have to pay the debuff with a price, a personal dps curse instead.

Spell penetration does not work in PVE, bosses have either no resistance or some resistance which you cannot overcome with any spell penetration.

Also, your build is flawed take for example improved drain soul? it's not like you are going to need threat reduction since tank threat has been severly buffed up (30%).

There are right now no bosses that require as a caster to be further than a 30 yard radius so spending points in range talents is just wasting dps.

Another thing is, dark pact, I absolutely loved that spell and it was really good, but not anymore since life tap is rewarding so much more mana and your pet doesn't go oom (and you need improved felhunter to dark pact too otherwise he would go OOM).

Another thing is Molten Core, it makes very little sense to put in only 1 point to get around 60% uptime instead of putting 2 points for near full 100% uptime.

I have immo glyphed and with 2 points in MC and it's basicly my 3rd most powerful DoT atm.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVi0IstZEM0V

Would grant you much more dps even while using CoE instead of CoA.

Also, reading EJ it says corr is probably the best 3rd glyph after immo and SL, HOWEVER, I myself use CoA glyph to make it a slightly easier rotation when casting SL and CoA.

As soon as immo will get out of the rotation (GC stated that since the rotation is quite tricky for affliction they consider (and most likely will) take out immo from the rotation) you can pick both CoA and corr anyway.

i took the range because its a favor of me. there are a lot situations where you can benefit of the range . Dps while making the heigan dance. put faster dots up while running back after an explosion at grobbulus. get more range back to free people at maexxna. and more range while making dailys so i have to walk less to dot the mobs and run to another. the points in imp.drainsoul is an aoe thing, seeds produce at the moment a lot of agro if you spamm it. and have you a source that spellpenetration have no effekt on bosses ?if your right than i skip the 2points in imp.drainsoul and skill coa.

i took the range because its a favor of me. there are a lot situations where you can benefit of the range . Dps while making the heigan dance. put faster dots up while running back after an explosion at grobbulus. get more range back to free people at maexxna. and more range while making dailys so i have to walk less to dot the mobs and run to another. the points in imp.drainsoul is an aoe thing, seeds produce at the moment a lot of agro if you spamm it. and have you a source that spellpenetration have no effekt on bosses ?if your right than i skip the 2points in imp.drainsoul and skill coa.
    My experience is that it's best to only stay a little further than 20 yards during Heigan's safety dance cause your travel distance between safe spots is a lot shorter.

On Maexxna it actually is a good thing, HOWEVER the problem is that affli is shit for burst so I let the hunters and mages worry about it because they will be a hell of a lot better job at it.

At Grob it's not really much of a problem imo, since everything will be fallen off of him you really ought to cast SB and haunt first again anyway before applying DoTs.

http://elitistjerks.com/f23/t13580-spell_penetration/

On the Seed of Corruption spam on trash, yeah, it's slightly usefull on that, HOWEVER, I don't actually consider trash dps of any importance since it's better to spec for boss fights cause that as affliction really is what we are made for.

However, I do consider imp drain soul and range talents for a trash spec when dual specs are implemented.

15+ Year Old Account

sorry to say but this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IcxrbzbAoVqoIstZqzhVM is the most fucked up affe pvebuild i ever seen.

36y range on afflictionspells? Not needed in PvE, it's a waste.
    36y range on affflictionspells in PvE and not the destrofiller SB? not even gonne comment the stupidity there.. (I see some ppl doing this)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    sorry to say but this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IcxrbzbAoVqoIstZqzhVM is the most fucked up affe pvebuild i ever seen.

36y range on afflictionspells? Not needed in PvE, it's a waste.
    36y range on affflictionspells in PvE and not the destrofiller SB? not even gonne comment the stupidity there.. (I see some ppl doing this)

I agree on spec, but how did you gather he does not bolt fill?