Enchanting: Icewalker vs Greater Assault

Boot enchants

Icewalker : http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=60623
    12 hit + 12 crit = 24 stat points.
    Cost : Infinite Dust ( 8 ) + Crystallized Water : Cost 30g at most

Greater assault : http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=60763
    32 AP = 16 stat points.
    Cost : Infinite Dust (35) + Greater Cosmic Essence (5) + Abyss Crystal (4) : Cost over 535g

Superior agility : http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44589
    16 agility = 16 stat points.
    Cost : Infinite Dust (16) + Greater Cosmic Essence (6) : Cost around 100g

----

Does this seem unrealistic to anyone else?
    Not only is Greater assault actually WORSE, it's also well over 10x as expensive!!!!!!
    It's way out of proportions, even compared to superior agility.

You'd think blizzard should make it +50 AP instead of 36 at the least.. to make it useful.

---

The above assumes dust = 3g, essence = 8g, crystal = 100g

Re: Enchanting: Icewalker vs Greater Assault

Do the same comparison, but compute with stat weights for whichever class you're interested in.
    Would that yield different results?

(assault still looks bad)

SHHHHH! do you want them to increase the mats required for Icewalker?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

God I wish that was true, on my server every essence is 50g+, and every crystal 250+

I want to get berserking, but its unrealistic spending 4kg on a single enchant, guess Ill have to wait a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Dust on our server is 10g a piece

Quote Originally Posted by heeps
    Do the same comparison, but compute with stat weights for whichever class you're interested in.
    Would that yield different results?

(assault still looks bad)
    Also consider the gains from other sources. More hit is never exactly useless but for classes/specs which are hitting their soft caps with ease through the stats that are inherent on their gear or on those which are not reliant on stacking their crit rating...

The value of the enchants needs to be considered as relative to the stats of the specific character.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

... Time to transfer one of my lowbie alts to your server if crystallized waters are going for that much... they're nowhere near that much on my server, we toss Eternal Waters around for free to guildies working on resist gear like candy...

I give Icewalker enchants for free to randoms since its so cheap to level on.

Dust isn't cheap on my server, but I get so much from sharding quest rewards and all the greens from my other toons... its worth it for the skill points.

Dont start a ruckuss, keep this excellent enchant cheap!

Dust is/was last time i checked 5-8g and essences 30g on my server >_<. It makes it hard to level enchanting also because you dont want to waste the money spamming an enchant on a random item just to level because stuff that will skill you up is too expensive, and very few people want to spend the money to get the high end enchants.

they should add another enchant for like 15crit/hit. Make the mats like 20 dust and 1 abyss crystal or something. I mean icewalker is barely an improvement over surefooted. And ya also while on the topic, increase the ap from assault to boots