Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Is it too much to ask for if we want shackle to work on all targets??

Let's be honest, this suggestion isn't that bad. I think priests could use some kind of crowd control similar to a root.
    It's the melee that's slicing our asses, it's not casters. It's also melee that would be affected by a cc similar to root.
    We got an aoe fear with a 30 second cooldown. Trinket that and we got nothing else for 30seconds, or 26 with talents. Every class out there is able to kill a priest in 26 seconds, even warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    We got an aoe fear with a 30 second cooldown. Trinket that and we got nothing else for 30seconds, or 26 with talents. Every class out there is able to kill a priest in 2 to 6 seconds, even warlocks.
    Fixed. And some classes don't even need to trinket out of it. I can't tell you how often I pop PS and get Immune messages all over my screen.

While I'm not sure about the idea of Shackle working on all mobs I do think it should work on demons in addition to undead. While not all forms of CC, the pally spells Exorcism, Turn Evil, and Holy Wrath work on both undead and demons. If it did work on all mobs it would only be a 10 sec CC in PvP with diminishing returns just like CC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    Let's be honest, this suggestion isn't that bad. I think priests could use some kind of crowd control similar to a root.
    It's the melee that's slicing our asses, it's not casters. It's also melee that would be affected by a cc similar to root.
    We got an aoe fear with a 30 second cooldown. Trinket that and we got nothing else for 30seconds, or 26 with talents. Every class out there is able to kill a bad priest in 26 seconds, even warlocks.
    Fixed.
    Priest's are fine. There are just couple OP classes dominating PvP which cause problems to everyone else.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by reinx
    Yeah but look at druids... Entangling roots and cyclone... =/
    They were OP, but remember that cyclone is a very short duration, and root is only really effective on melee.

Fear = total loss of control for 8s/30 dispellable, can be damaged without breaking
    Shackle = total loss of control 10s + 5s + 2s = 17s through diminishing returns dispellable breaks on damage

Cyclone = total loss of control 6s + 3s + 1s = 10 not-dispellable, immune to all effects
    Root = loss of movement 10s + 5s + 2s = 17s dispellable, can be damaged without breaking

being realistic, what made cyclone OP is that it can't be dispelled

@Cham: would you be comfortable making shackle into a root effect then? Right now it's a full CC, not just a movement impairing effect (like imp wing clip/hamstring).

I would be fine with giving priests a rooting effect (melee have enough ways to kill someone trying to kite, let's make sure they have to use them to be effective), but 2 hard CCs is a little much don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    lul
    rofl^^

as for the main topic, i'd say either learn to MC, or possibly reduce the casting time on MC.
    Imagine if you use MC propperly and fear right away u get some decent inactivity time on your target, add divine hymn.. i don't see why we should make shackle work on all targets; ah well i see why tbh, i'm a priest but let's not be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth
    While I'm not sure about the idea of Shackle working on all mobs I do think it should work on demons in addition to undead.
    See now this is an interesting idea.... it would get you some distance from lock pets at least. All targets would be too much though.

Pre-BC fear was all we needed, I think the problem here is that people get out of fear as soon as you use it... maybe if the cooldown was a little lower it would help (and I know about the shadow talent, I'm talking about baseline fear).

All this leeds too ==> World of Meleecraft (it will get worse the better meleeweapons are avail, since caster def and dmg output doesnt scale that well as melee weapons gets stronger)