Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knight -VS- Resto Druid. OVERPOWERED?!?!

2v2 in s3/s4 was dumb, hardly means it should stay broken and full of countercomping in Wrath too, does it? Or is it okay now because you were given a new OP class to play that you don't even have to level from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepeaches
    2v2 in s3/s4 was dumb, hardly means it should stay broken and full of countercomping in Wrath too, does it?
    No, it doesn't, but it likely will stay how it was in s3/s4. Bet 1k g 2v2 will stay retarded trough the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccobalt
    I was particularly speaking druid's problems vs other classes. Not dks vs othes casters.
    Regardless though, it doesn't change the big picture. Melee dominated s4, and now another class has been added to the game, another melee, and one that is specifically designed to counter casters. In other words, s5 will be even worse than s4 in terms of ratings of melee vs casters.

No, it doesn't, but it likely will stay how it was in s3/s4. Bet 1k g 2v2 will stay retarded trough the whole expansion.
    But it's okay since you're the OP one now, right? :]

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    Regardless though, it doesn't change the big picture. Melee dominated s4, and now another class has been added to the game, another melee, and one that is specifically designed to counter casters. In other words, s5 will be even worse than s4 in terms of ratings of melee vs casters.
    Then I'd steer clear out of the arena and let it be the melee circlejerk what it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    I'de just like to add - we can have 1,200 resil, dosen't change the fact i'll be spamming hots on my self only to be getting removed and OOM'ing me.

But it's okay since you're the OP one now, right? :]
    Where did I say I played a dk?

It's okay to whine since you're no longer the OP one, right? :]

Restoration Druids are able to get away from DKs alone totally fine.
    First shift to travel form is countered by Chains of Ice
    Second shift to travel form is countered by Chains of Ice <- by this time the DK is out of Frost runes for 10 seconds without having done any damage or being able to do any further damage because he's missing Frost runes which he needs for Obliterate/Scourge Strike
    You can pull the druid back with Death Grip but you can't slow him due to lacking Frost runes now

So a good druid can easily escape a DK in ~4 seconds, that's much faster than you can get away from any other class.

(I know this is not including cooldowns, but there aren't many worth mentioning anyway)

Where did I say I played a dk?

It's okay to whine since you're no longer the OP one, right? :]
    Yeah, it's not like I've already said 3 times that I myself do not play a Resto Druid, right? Oh, wait...

Yeah, it's not like I've already said 3 times that I myself do not play a Resto Druid, right? Oh, wait...
    OH CRAP I'VE MISSED THOSE TOTALLY.

BRB REREADING THE THREAD

BACK

THE RESULT OF THE REREAD WAS ; YOU SEEM TO BE PLAYING ONE, BUT YOU STATE NOT PLAYING ONE.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Oh, and mages being broken in tBC... roguemage / magepriest 2s? rmp 3s? do you even know what you're talking about?
    See you proved my point right there.

Resto druid + <insert random class> could go as far as they wanted to(it was incredibly hard teaming with a mage as druid though).

Rogue + Mage, Mage + Priest in 2s, rmp in 3s, if you didnt have any of these combos as a mage you where fucked 4 ways from sunday. You HAD to team up with these classes if not you might asell forget about it.

So kudos for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Parallelism1
    "Just tested it with a friend.

Removes all 3 stacks.

Does not bloom."

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...7133.msg450774
    I like how people are like L2P or QQ more

THIS IS CLEARLY BROKEN!!! CLEARLY!!

Its not a skill issue, its not a people getting upset issue, ITS A BROKEN GAME MECHANIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feravain

Its not a skill issue, its not a people getting upset issue, ITS A BROKEN GAME MECHANIC!!!
    It's not.

You're dumb.

The post you quoted was proving to somebody that 1 plague strike removed up to 3 lifeblooms and he conducted a test. Battary did not believe that 1 strike dispelled 3 hots, but it does. Anyway

I'll just leave this here.

You're dumb.

The post you quoted was proving to somebody that 1 plague strike removed up to 3 lifeblooms and he conducted a test. Battary did not believe that 1 strike dispelled 3 hots, but it does. Anyway

I'll just leave this here.
    It dosnt "bloom" you f*cking retard, that is the broken part

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Restoration Druids are able to get away from DKs alone totally fine.
    First shift to travel form is countered by Chains of Ice
    Second shift to travel form is countered by Chains of Ice <- by this time the DK is out of Frost runes for 10 seconds without having done any damage or being able to do any further damage because he's missing Frost runes which he needs for Obliterate/Scourge Strike
    You can pull the druid back with Death Grip but you can't slow him due to lacking Frost runes now

So a good druid can easily escape a DK in ~4 seconds, that's much faster than you can get away from any other class.

(I know this is not including cooldowns, but there aren't many worth mentioning anyway)
    "by this time the DK is out of Frost runes for 10 seconds without having done any damage or being able to do any further damage" -You forgot about death runes buddy.

"So a good druid can easily escape a DK in ~4 seconds" - Even if we escape, 4 seconds later they're on our butt again. and we have to OOM our selves just to stay alive.

It dosnt "bloom" you f*cking retard, that is the broken part

Ya... That's the problem.

I waste 3 GCD's for it to get dispelled in 1 of their GCD.

"by this time the DK is out of Frost runes for 10 seconds without having done any damage or being able to do any further damage" -You forgot about death runes buddy.
    Too bad he haven't procced any BECAUSE HE HAVEN'T HIT YOU YET.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt
    Lol i knew that DK would own resto druids before Lichking came out :\
    That's Crap King

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    See you proved my point right there.

Resto druid + <insert random class> could go as far as they wanted to(it was incredibly hard teaming with a mage as druid though).

Rogue + Mage, Mage + Priest in 2s, rmp in 3s, if you didnt have any of these combos as a mage you where fucked 4 ways from sunday. You HAD to team up with these classes if not you might asell forget about it.

So kudos for proving my point.
    Resto Druid + Rogue / Hunter / Warrior, possibly Enh Shaman - oh, and you'd still get countercomped by some setups, eg Shaman / Warr, Pala / Warr, most decent double DPS could put a dent in you, too.

It's not like Resto Druids facerolled their way to 2400 rating solo, they were as popular as they were because they were somewhat easier to play at lower ratings, not because they destroyed everything at high ratings.

Mages had as many viable setups as Druids did in 2s, and RMP was the ONLY 3s setup that had literally no counters, there were plenty of non-druid setups that were as effective as any Druid teams in 3s, again it's just that it was easier to roll a lifebloom and let your teammates do the job hence lots of people rolled Druids.
    OH CRAP I'VE MISSED THOSE TOTALLY.

BRB REREADING THE THREAD

BACK

THE RESULT OF THE REREAD WAS ; YOU SEEM TO BE PLAYING ONE, BUT YOU STATE NOT PLAYING ONE.
    Caps must mean you're right.