Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...

Re: Death Knight -VS- Resto Druid. OVERPOWERED?!?!

I don't really see how a measly 25% chance every 3 seconds while you even HAVE plague strike on you is such a big deal. That means every 12 seconds, a DK effectively removes one Hot out of your what, 5 possible hots now? You're telling me this is the gamebreaker, the one thing that's completely ruining your day. Please...I'm an 80 DK and you should be bitching about other things before that crap. How about it give us HP back or simply deal more damage. Then you'd probobly see your real problems, like gargoyle.

Kiting a DK is incredibly easy. Considering they have NO WAY to get out of a root, and their only stun is if they have a pet. Even if you get deathgripped you can still walk away from a rooted deathknight, regardless of speed. You can follow up with a cyclone to, and pretty much ignore him. The best druids typically can keep a DK off them long enuf to cyclone w/o a dot on em and stealth. You can also sprint and counteract the snares.

You just need to stop panicking when you see one, that's why 90% of the people who die to deathknights die miserably, they don't know what to do. You'll learn, or die over and over again trying.

People still need to realize that even though this is a druid QQ, it goes beyond that. DK's are coming in here and defending their OPness, and yess they know they're OP. I do 5's arena on my shaman, and it's funny how many times they laugh at how powerful they are.

Dk's are not the anti-druid and were not made with that in mind. They are more of an anti-caster/anti-healer. And as of right now, Arena is fully about melee, and now with DK's being added, it has swung the balance to them even more so than S4 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapehavok
    example of noob who knows nothing about DK's when commenting

Chains of ice.... 1 ice rune, reduces movement speed by 100%, target gains 10% movement back every second = 10 sec movement debuff, yeh, good kiting him with that....
    Shapeshift, run away. Example of a newb who knows nothing about his own druid class when commenting. Oh noes, the DK used his other frost rune to chains of ice you again?! Shapeshift again, run away. Death grip can close the range, but its cooldown leaves it to be lackluster. Use travel form, use cat form's sprint, 1 on 1 it's a long fight, but the DK should never win. It requires a lot of shapeshifting, it requires healing yourself with hots as you kite (yes, DKs can remove some of your hots, but only if they're in melee range huh?), it might even require a little, /gasp, player skill, but DKs are obscenely easy to kite as a druid, insanely easy to beat as a druid. If you can't beat a DK, though you might be able to blame your spec, first blame yourself. Both resto druids and feral druids dominate both frost and blood DKs. Don't know about unholy and don't know about balance, but I don't see any reason why they'd be any different.

Now your just QQ ing over every ability they have..

Why bot give them cloth and just auto attack? lmao would that make u feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Avadon
    Shapeshift, run away. Example of a newb who knows nothing about his own druid class when commenting. Oh noes, the DK used his other frost rune to chains of ice you again?! Shapeshift again, run away. Death grip can close the range, but its cooldown leaves it to be lackluster. Use travel form, use cat form's sprint, 1 on 1 it's a long fight, but the DK should never win. It requires a lot of shapeshifting, it requires healing yourself with hots as you kite (yes, DKs can remove some of your hots, but only if they're in melee range huh?), it might even require a little, /gasp, player skill, but DKs are obscenely easy to kite as a druid, insanely easy to beat as a druid. If you can't beat a DK, though you might be able to blame your spec, first blame yourself. Both resto druids and feral druids dominate both frost and blood DKs. Don't know about unholy and don't know about balance, but I don't see any reason why they'd be any different.
    Do you have a druid?

Necro much?

Ey, srly stop whining. Oh a class is killing me so easy, I never had any problem surviving 101010101 minutes against another class. And ur stupid innervate is fucking overpowered...

But srly, all druids and dk, go to hell, I hate u

Quote Originally Posted by Moggis
    Do you have a druid?
    nice job on necroing a thread.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ultronlolz
    Ey, srly stop whining. Oh a class is killing me so easy, I never had any problem surviving 101010101 minutes against another class. And ur stupid innervate is fucking overpowered...

But srly, all druids and dk, go to hell, I hate u
    [Necrophilia] 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Avadon
    1. Using cat form sprint is stupid. It wastes too much mana because it requires a lot of re-shape shifting when you get COI.
    2. DKs do insane dps. Their 7k instant spell attacks are stupid.
    3. Druids cannot beat a DK one on one. DKs will heal themselves faster than the druid can dps, DKs have too much mitigation, and the druid will go oom despite the innervate.
    4. Resto druids and feral druids do not dominate frost and blood DKs. I've seen feral druids duel DKs and they've only dealt 1k damage to the DK while the DK parried his attacks and rofled the druid with a constant 3k dps. Resto druids cannot dominate DKs either. Even when I was specced into dreamstate with insect swarm (with glyph) and fast wraths/starfires, I was not able to beat a DK whatsoever. I'm not bad either, I'm well rounded at 2k rating.
    5. On the other hand, boomkins can beat DKs. Boomkins can defeat all melee classes. Though they get butt raped by casters/hunters. Boomkins also have a low representation in both pvp and arena.
    6. Druids can kite the DKs well, yes. But a DK shouldn't be chasing the druid. When the druid runs away, he should be switching targets to someone else and nuking him down. When the druid strolls back in due to LOS issues or cyclone range, the DK should be switching to the druid right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    I find it funny that one of the most OP healer classes right now is QQing about a class that has been OP to shamans since day one.
    Your totems are getting fixed so be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Juggernaut
    Kiting a DK is incredibly easy. Considering they have NO WAY to get out of a root, and their only stun is if they have a pet. Even if you get deathgripped you can still walk away from a rooted deathknight, regardless of speed. You can follow up with a cyclone to, and pretty much ignore him. The best druids typically can keep a DK off them long enuf to cyclone w/o a dot on em and stealth. You can also sprint and counteract the snares.

You just need to stop panicking when you see one, that's why 90% of the people who die to deathknights die miserably, they don't know what to do. You'll learn, or die over and over again trying.
    You say when the deathknight deathgrips the druid, the druid can just walk away? No, the deathknight uses COI immediately so the druid can't walk away. The druid probably needs to smash their button on travel form four times before getting away from the DK.

DKs have amazing aoe (best aoe in game) in which they can instantly put on the ground, continue to use their single target attacks, and can keep people from stealthing and drinking (not because it keeps them in combat, but because it keeps ticking on them). DKs also have long range spells to keep druids in combat so stealthing is out of the question.

Basically, if the DK is dpsing something, it's going to cause havoc. In 2s, if the DK were to switch on the druids partner after the druid ran away, the druid would have no time to drink because the amount of damage put out by the DK is not even funny.
    Even with me having 900 resil, I've been hit by 7k frost strikes. That's equivalent to a long cast of pyro blast from a mage. Let's compare the two:
    Pyroblast - Long cast, can be interruptable, can be outranged, and the target can out of line of sight the mage during the cast.
    Frost strike - instant, shitload of damage, lolsup

Entangling roots. This spell is currently bugged. If it is on a target and you begin to cast it on the same target, this message appears "You have a stronger spell on the target" and you will not be able to cast entangling roots again on the same target until the current one is off. Therefore, spamming entangling roots on one target is difficult and not worth it. Also, with the ghoul on the druid, casting nature's grasp only has a 50% chance to actually get on the DK unless the ghoul is on another target. For cyclone, the DK has an anti-magic shell and also has strangulate to interrupt it. The DK isn't going to get cycloned unless the druid really spams it hard or the DK isn't vigilant.

people seriously replying to a necro'd thread makes me laugh

old thread is old