Leveling a priest :>

Hay there..

Im currently leveling a priest.. im shadow atm, but i've read alot about disc/holy spec for leveling.. i was wondering if that would be best and if so what spec would i use?

ty

Re: Leveling a priest :>

/facepalm

no really, are you serious, shadow is so easy..

15+ Year Old Account

deep disc + 3 points in shadow for spirit tap, then stack spirit gear and your good to go.... if you want to go that way.

people have gone 3/3 spirit tap and then discipline for some kind of wanding build type thing.

I went full shadow and did fine with it once i got mind flay

full holy would just be holding you back though

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gande
    people have gone 3/3 spirit tap and then discipline for some kind of wanding build type thing.
    Its my leveling build of choice my priest is lvl 66 atm being disc makes it easy to find a group because you can dps and heal and when solo you can just throw up a shield and spam holyfire/smite and penance when you get it. + you have PI and PS and innerfocus on hand if its called for.

if you just grinding you wont run oom if you have a decent amount of spirit, spirit tap + meditation combined with the said spirit = op regen.

Yeah I've gone a disc/holy build while leveling, have done from 1-68 and I'll take it in to Northrend too I'm thinking. Most people will go shadow though, only us crazies level holy.

Go shadow , it's the fastest way to go , skip improved spirit tap (but get the regular one) and go go non stop grind. i found only hunters easyer to level so far
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

yah shadow all the way, and since spirt tap gives ypu bonus spirt (during the time its active) you get more spell power during that activation... I kept it for pvp as well. works great

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Shadow is faster, Discp makes healing more dungeons viable. I know you can heal them outside shadowform. I played shadow/raided shadow for 2 years.

I don't like it anymore. My priest is my alt so I am not in a rush to get to 80 on him.

Heading to 80 as Discipline and it has been a blast thus far, sure you don't nuke anything but I still dig it. Plus finding a group for any dungeon inside and outside is so easy as a healer it is a joke.

Discipline's DPS is comparable to that of an infant with a bag of marshmallows so please don't join a run as a dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    if you just grinding you wont run oom if you have a decent amount of spirit, spirit tap + meditation combined with the said spirit = op regen.
    Discipline is the tree that benefits the least from spirit. You want int/crit most definitely. It is similar to gearing a cloth pally or a mage.

Divine Aegis & Rapture scale from int/crit.

None of Discipline abilities scale from spirit.

Of course this is from 70 - 80 I speak of. I mixed my holy/shadow tier gear for best results and highest crit. Haven't come remotely close to oom doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubjub View Post
    This is like saying "I was running along the motorway eating a banana and was hit by a car. Just wondering if anyone else had problems with being hit by a car while eating bananas?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    i like the trix yogurt vomit bat. He is EPIC

Draethas

I do not think that if you play as Shadow or Holy/Discipline it will make that big difference in dungeons when healing. I am Holy until 40 where I will shift to Shadow for "Shadow Form", but I am 100% sure, that you can still heal. Dungeons do not require that much, when it is those from the levelling part. I have seen many non-healer-specced heal in dungeons, so I do not think that it is a problem, but when you enter Northrend, always require from the healer to be healer specced!

I leveled 1-80 as holy. Well, 10-80, and while slow, I never really had problems with it. Just have lots of water on hand. I just wish I would have got a special achievement for doing it as holy :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.