Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Adrick

Make Everyone shit bricks, Finally an OP Spriest spec

I just copied and pasted from another thread where I commented. GL

Quote from: Saemundur on December 23, 2008, 02:59:58 PM
    I really would like to try this build.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=211913060204

You are not loosing so much damage and gain little bit Survivability through spellwarding, blessed recovery and blessed resilence as well as desperate prayer.
    And after you did as max dmg as it was possible till your dead, you are able to heal your rogue with spirit of redemption.
    I want to see the faces of your opponents a shadow becoming a spirit of redemption xD

Or even one more point into the holy tree for a lightwell, that you can create before the match starts, so that your partner can gets some extra heal when he is alone.

What do you think, stupid idea or could it work against the most double melee combs at the moment?

GJ GJ, This is actually a KILLER spec. I've already found that going down to SoR is better than down the Disc tree. I did just go down to SoR and let me get further down the Shadow tree but since dispersion doesn't really matter much at all why have it then, for example, in 2's me and my rogue took down 1 caster on a dps team, I die....(of course), my rogue is at half health against a feral drood. I HEALED IN SoR FOR 40SEC, he had full health the entire time and we won easy. FUCK blizzard n thx for the one good glyph we have. SoR glyph is OP. Incoming nerf bat. Everyone sp use and abuse this. Got my 3's team up 1640 with a rogue and dk. Thats up from 1520. Went from 1 sec left on SoR then proced back up to 12sec and more time in between. Only casting flash heal and pom. Lightwell ftl though... yuk.

Re: Make Everyone shit bricks, Finally an OP Spriest spec

If shadow priests being so desperate for survivability to go 30+ points into holy, doesn't get Blizzard's attention, then I really don't know what will ..

Adrick

Amen

AMAGAD OP...so u are the only clothie that can "survive" 43 sec againts a rogue... 3+40...i'll reroll a priest ;D

Deleted

I'll try this build. Actually I like the fact that nobody expects SoR in a SP. Surprise Factor!

I'd probably pick up Surge of Light instead of 2 points in Spiritual Healing, just for funsies. 50% chance on spell crit (wonder if individual Mind Flay tick crits count? hmmmm) to either be able to toss in an instant, free Smite or Flash Heal. Would be sweet for when you need to drop SForm to heal anyway.

I'll try this with an Arcane Mage and Enh. Shaman one of the following days.
    I'll let you know how it works out

No, fail build. And won't ever scale. And you won't ever have enough crit on your gear to make it worthy.

You'll do more burst with a full Disc spec using Penance, Power Infusion, MB and SW in a even quicker combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    No, fail build. And won't ever scale. And you won't ever have enough crit on your gear to make it worthy.

You'll do more burst with a full Disc spec using Penance, Power Infusion, MB and SW in a even quicker combo.
    Dead people don't pewpew.

Works either way

Yes, but Disc allows you to live two seconds longer, thus do two seconds PEW PEW more. Shadow is only worth having if you use the features of Shadowform, that is, DoT scaling.

And DoT scaling works best on VT, along with the talents that increase the damage of all the others by several PERCENTAGES.

I beat shadowpriests 1:1 as Disc... it's really unfair, but they don't stand a chance, even with Silence.

Alot of shadow priests in this forum seems to be of the understanding that "disc pvp = healing", which is sorta wrong.

Disciplin is very very offensive, and depending on your team setup, allow you to play almost full damage.

I play 2s with a UA warlock, we got a 70% loose rate, but it's a fun setup. I mainly do damage, while getting focused.

The different from shadow is I die SLOWER

I play 2s with a UA warlock, we got a 70% loose rate, but it's a fun setup. I mainly do damage, while getting focused.

...but you "loose" 70% of the time, so gtfoohwtbs?

If you're going to go with a priest you're going disc and you basically suck if you're at 70% lose rate, so I don't get your point. In this thread we're trying to talk about *shadow specs that work* not your fail disc spec.

ps > this spec still fails. Spoiler: if SOR gets your partner up to full and actually matters when it's 2v1 the other team deserves to lose. In reality they'll just outrange it and wait till it is 2v1. If it was a "close call" and you end up 1v1 it nice, but honestly that happens how often?

The reality is that you're going to go 100->0 and then SOR without the other team even taking damage most of the time. Funny.

Cool at curent state not even resilience gives you 43 secs of survivability. Excuse my crappy spelling plz.

Yes, but Disc allows you to live two seconds longer, thus do two seconds PEW PEW more. Shadow is only worth having if you use the features of Shadowform, that is, DoT scaling.

And DoT scaling works best on VT, along with the talents that increase the damage of all the others by several PERCENTAGES.

I beat shadowpriests 1:1 as Disc... it's really unfair, but they don't stand a chance, even with Silence.

Alot of shadow priests in this forum seems to be of the understanding that "disc pvp = healing", which is sorta wrong.

Disciplin is very very offensive, and depending on your team setup, allow you to play almost full damage.

The different from shadow is I die SLOWER
    The whole point of this build is to maxmize the damage from your main nukes Mind Blast, SW and a to a lesser extent Mind Flay and hopefully help your partner gib somebody before you get gibbed yourself. DoTs are all but useless these days considering which classes are dominating atm.

Ret pallies - Cleanse those DoTs or bubble them off
    Mages - Iceblock removes your DoTs
    Rogues - CoS removes your DoTs
    DK - Anti-Magic bullshit zone, plus you'll be spending all your time trying to get out of melee range after those Death grip -> Ice Chains.

Basically it seems your only hope as a priest lies in having your partner CC somebody and hopefully you can catch your opponent off their guard and gib them. You can't heal through damage, and you cant tank it, so inevitably you will die once your opponents focus you and you may as well take advantage of the fact that you get at least 15 seconds of uninterruptable healing in SoR form. Plus if you have lightwell you can drop one right before you lose angel form for even more healing.

Note to self if i ever go back to World of Warcraft Do not level my priest from 70-80 anytime soon... especially for arena O.o.

-=Slavemaker=-

Twisted Faith & Misery

You could do a smite/Penance spec that would do more damage than your shadow spec.

the only thing you'll achieve out of this is the "wtf" effect the opposite team will have when the shadow turns into an angel

a more common spec nowadays is 9/11/51
    My Rogue
    altoholic since 2000 (Diablo II release)

Myself and a mate did something like this once while bored as hell. pre-3.0 talents and spells, he recorded it. The funniest part of the whole thing was the fact that his spell bar didnt switch to his healing bar when he went from Shadowform (death) to Spirit of Redemption. Also throwing out Holy Nova's then jumping back to Shadowform and having absolutly no mana left.

At times people did stop mid battle to target him, and he got a few flames from the "elitist" players (namely non-priests) about how bad his spec was.

Penance is crap damage. You're better off throwing a smite at your enemy.

why are you guys posting on a troll thread O_o
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    I'd probably pick up Surge of Light instead of 2 points in Spiritual Healing, just for funsies. 50% chance on spell crit (wonder if individual Mind Flay tick crits count? hmmmm) to either be able to toss in an instant, free Smite or Flash Heal. Would be sweet for when you need to drop SForm to heal anyway.
    the trouble with that is great a free instant cast flash or smite. great if you plan on healing with added DPS, but shadow form is wasted as you'll pop out of it casting either 1 of those 2 mentioned...

I generally find once I'm out of shadow form I don't return to it as the high mana costs involve and you don't have mana regen while casting like you would with your 13 points in disc.

then you end up coming further and further out of the shadow tree...