buff to Holy Nova idea

Leave the current healing/dmg aspect but add:removes any spell/poison that slows movement speed (not roots stuns etc),
    and slows any enemy in the nova radius by 50% for 8-10 seconds.
    A cooldown would probably be warranted, although im not sure if thats possibly while leaving the heal/dmg aspect spammable.
    Whatever is done our mobility needs attention

Re: buff to Holy Nova idea

Wow... Playing a priest I can understand frustration in arenas right now, but you're suggesting AOE removal of any effect that slows, and a 50% aoe slow for 8-10 seconds, in addition to a healing and damaging component of a spell that's instant-cast? No offense, but not a good solution. This would be OP to the extreme.

There's a constant tug-of-war between caster and melee, where casters seek ever increasing buffs to increase the distance and melee to close it. Our mobility doesn't need attention to this degree - if you're having issues here (I'm assuming you're disc or holy), your partner and you need to strategize on how to deal with this. Have your partner work to keep some of the pressure off of you. Some traditionally strong partnerships are very weak compared to their historical performance (e.g. locks, being another clothie, not to mention in serious need of tweaks, which fortunately Blizzard has acknowledged and indicated are forthcoming). Others are still strong (e.g. rogues, who should in most cases be able to at least keep the attention of one of your enemies off of you).

I'm not going to hit you with a L2P because frankly right now it doesn't matter how good you are, certain comps are going to destroy clothies if moderately well-played. Right now it's very difficult as a clothie in arenas, where it's impossible to really even approach the resilience cap and melee are wearing a ton of PVE gear because arenas are, for the most part, a burst-fest. As time goes on this will change, Blizzard will make adjustments, and while no class will ever be satisfied the survivability on average will be much better than it is now.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Are you suggesting that because they can team up with crazy classes like rogues to make up for their horrible weaknesses priests themselves don't need any mobility?

Holy and discipline priests don't have any escape mechanics whatsoever, and all the other healers are far better off in that department. I for one would welcome a change that makes meleers on the other team not automatically go for the priest simply because time invested in dpsing a priest is time so annoyingly well spent. A priest is easy to pin down, and taking more damage than pretty much anything else means needing more healing which doesn't win you any mana war. Priests don't get Water Shield procs or anything from taking damage, and they become rather ineffective when focused due to not being able to use spells like Mana Burn and Penance.

It's not about dying too fast right now. It's about being such great targets and being sick of it. Lowering burst damage will hardly dissuade anyone from focusing priests. I'm not saying that the OPs Holy Nova idea is the way to go, but some change is probably called for.

15+ Year Old Account

I would say that OP's suggestion is a bit too extreme, although an addition to the holy nova sounds like a good idea.
    Personaly i think that move hindering effects removal is something that can't expect to be implemented into nova, but it could have a movement hinder on opponents. Not very extreme or op and ofc it would need to be inside the terms of instant cast and a logical movement reduce % for a logical timer as well in order to help u run away/get some distance.
    Since all of our hunting classes have more than 1 way to keep up with us when we try to get distance i think that such an addition to nova would be nice to see.

This is a suggestion by all means...
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Let's be real... Any opponent that doesn't choose to CC or FF the healer isn't really an opponent to worry about. It doesn't matter the class, the healer is always the number one threat to the opponent's ability to kill your team.

Are changes called for? Called for or not, we'll see changes in arena dynamics as people gear up resilience and health pools. Blizzard will probably need to do some balancing, and has already indicated that that is likely. But I don't for a moment envision any day where we as priest healers are not the primary concerns of our enemies.

That being said, holy priests have always had very few defenses and been pretty poor spec choices in arenas. It's too much of a stretch to say that Guardian Spirit is any real buff to their viability, though to be candid Spirit of Redemption has its perks atm (15 seconds of uninterruptable healing can be pretty potent). Disc though has always had pretty strong talents to mitigate incoming damage in terms of reduced physical/magical damage taken, damage absorption/reflection (more powerful now than ever), disease/magic dispels, and pain suppression. Yes much of this is on CD. But the fact is that disc priests when geared - and more importantly well-played - have always been tremendously viable healers for arenas.

I agree we could use some enhancement, but don't think it needs to be anything on the scale of what the OP suggested. The challenge Blizzard faces is delivering us a minor tweak - we're not that weak a class that we need any large overhaul to survivability. I think the blue posts regarding their planned reworking of the hymns affords them an ideal opportunity to better tune Divine Hymn to help us out a little in this regard.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

Let's be real... Any opponent that doesn't choose to CC or FF the healer isn't really an opponent to worry about.
    I agree with you man, and what u state. I'm not qq'ing. Our class has a lot of survival potentials when geared properly and played right, with LoS and proper cooperation.
    The question i'm having here is : When properly geared we can take lots and lots of dmg , yes. But our problem is that while we are keeping our self in "keep my ass alive mode", we are getting a bit of pined down from the various movement hinders, while the rest of the healing class have some kind of removal in their general abilities (not saying about talents since we have as well in our shadow tree).
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

It's Nova! An explosion around that does something. It being Holy has the ability to heal, in addition to damaging.
    It's stupid to suggest snare removal/applying to this spell, no matter how needed or balancing it may sound. Don't just go around suggesting stuff that don't make any sense.
    If priests need snare removal, then add that to Fade, which makes more sense, you're fading out, you're a ghost, an apparition and the physical part of you is somewhat non-existant and you escape your physical body and become unsnared.
    Not to mention that this would make Fade pvp viable, and considering it has cooldown, it will make it totally balanced. I know this is available now to shadow priests, but it's more reasonable to ask that all priests have this, instead completely revamping another skill which has nothing to do with the ideas.
    Holy Nova is a good spell, especially when glyphed for disc priests, which don't need damage component, yet still lack "on snap" aoe healing to some extent. It's not THE aoe healing spell, but it's also not in the "completely useless" department.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrera
    It's Nova! An explosion around that does something. It being Holy has the ability to heal, in addition to damaging.
    It's stupid to suggest snare removal/applying to this spell, no matter how needed or balancing it may sound. Don't just go around suggesting stuff that don't make any sense.
    If priests need snare removal, then add that to Fade, which makes more sense, you're fading out, you're a ghost, an apparition and the physical part of you is somewhat non-existant and you escape your physical body and become unsnared.
    Not to mention that this would make Fade pvp viable, and considering it has cooldown, it will make it totally balanced. I know this is available now to shadow priests, but it's more reasonable to ask that all priests have this, instead completely revamping another skill which has nothing to do with the ideas.
    Holy Nova is a good spell, especially when glyphed for disc priests, which don't need damage component, yet still lack "on snap" aoe healing to some extent. It's not THE aoe healing spell, but it's also not in the "completely useless" department.
    Good idea on Fade, but you're an asshole.
    There are ways to reason out the OP's suggestion such as, holy light bursts from the caster making them untouchable for a time....

But yeah, Fade was my first thought, too.

15+ Year Old Account

Don't just go around suggesting stuff that don't make any sense.
    Dude...its a forum...ppl suggest things here, u may like what ppl say, u may not!

Saying "what makes sense" i don't think it suits in a game that ppl wave their hands , create magic and close your wounds from 40yards away.

But anyway making fade having by default the remove move imparing effects, i think its nice. I would love to see it happen.

It's a very bad idea and deserves bad critics. Take it like a man. Yes, this is forum and he can suggest anything he likes, but so can I reply any way I like. Just like you called me an asshole (gratz, on your 3-rd post), you're free to say anything you like. No harm taken. Welcome to the Internet. Enjoy your whine.

Deleted

I remember a talent blizzard played around with in discipline, dunno if it was still called 'twin disciples' back then, but basically it had a 10% to stun the target on holydamage, maybe that was to good for holynova.

Shadowpriests can do it aswell with blackout, only mindsear does not heal and does not damage the focused target.

15+ Year Old Account

I remember a talent blizzard played around with in discipline, dunno if it was still called 'twin disciples' back then, but basically it had a 10% to stun the target on holydamage, maybe that was to good for holynova.
    Hehe that would be way to imba to happen
    You would most likely see spam stunned ppl in bg's or 5v5's.

But yes such a talent that has % upon holy dmg to give snare would be very nice to see!

thanks for the replies, i see how a slow removal paired with a 50% slow to the target on the same spell and a decent instant heal
    is somewhat OTT. However the slow target aspect is quite reasonable, its not a ranged spell, it basically effects those in melee range
    i.e rogue/warr and now ret, a 30 sec cd fear just does'nt cut it.
    Happy to hear from people with more knowledge/exp than myself.

15+ Year Old Account

Just let us dispel poison ourselfs (and in shadowform too ) and 50% of our problems would be, while not solved, weakened at least.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Here's an idea. Let's just let every class in the game dispel any effect on it at any time they want to.

Wait, that's stupid. And so is this.

Every class has a weakness. Priest has a whole lot fewer than you realize, you just have to know how to handle what you are facing. If I can solo a ret pally as a priest with 0 resilience on me, or a rogue, or a warlock...I think you get the idea.

We can't cure poisons. Oh noes, it's the end of the world. We can cleanse diseases, which hurts death knights. We can dispel magic, which hurts anyone with a mana bar. We even have the anti-pally AND anti-frost mage button, which no other class in the entire game has. None.

A little less crying, a little more skill. That's all it takes. Well, that and being discipline.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present