Demonic Empowerment - Suggestion for one pvp fix

Here we are - We are warlocks who are linked with demons just like hunters are linked with their pets. Ok

Demonic Empowerment - Demonology Tree

Tooltip ( In terms of Felguard)
    Fel Guard - Increases the Fel Guard's attack speed by 20% and breaks all stun, snare and movement impairing effects and makes your Fel Guard immune to them. Lasts 15 sec.

Ok heres my suggestion, It should be like the BM hunters Beastial Wrath...

The Tooltip should be given

Fel Guard and Caster - Increases the Fel Guards attack speed by 20% and Increase Casters casting speed by 20% and breaks all stun, snare and movement impairing effects and makes the caster and the Fel Guard immune to them. Lasts 15secs.

What do yous think?

The Cooldown is 1min which is fine and for 15secs. Both are great and this would be a great step towards fixing us.

Re: Demonic Empowerment - Suggestion for one pvp fix

me like, but i think its a bit op.
    1 min cd come on, almost spamable.

15 seconds would definitely be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by skojten
    me like, but i think its a bit op.
    1 min cd come on, almost spamable.
    isnt a glyphed and CD lowered beastial wrath 1:15 CD?
    maybe...just maybe blizzard will realize one day that you think naming a tree blood they would have at least one crappy bleed effect in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Korah
    Here we are - We are warlocks who are linked with demons just like hunters are linked with their pets. Ok

Demonic Empowerment - Demonology Tree

Tooltip ( In terms of Felguard)
    Fel Guard - Increases the Fel Guard's attack speed by 20% and breaks all stun, snare and movement impairing effects and makes your Fel Guard immune to them. Lasts 15 sec.

Ok heres my suggestion, It should be like the BM hunters Beastial Wrath...

The Tooltip should be given

Fel Guard and Caster - Increases the Fel Guards attack speed by 20% and Increase Casters casting speed by 20% and breaks all stun, snare and movement impairing effects and makes the caster and the Fel Guard immune to them. Lasts 15secs.

What do yous think?

The Cooldown is 1min which is fine and for 15secs. Both are great and this would be a great step towards fixing us.
    How about a glyph that does just this but increases the cooldown by 2 minutes or some other penalty. would make the OP factor go away.

This isn't a bad idea, I suggested it a long time ago. It would help out in PvP. One of our main problems is the fact that we have no escapes and this would help. However, more needs to be done, especially since this would only work to help Demonology.

Quote Originally Posted by wildmandooby
    This isn't a bad idea, I suggested it a long time ago. It would help out in PvP. One of our main problems is the fact that we have no escapes and this would help. However, more needs to be done, especially since this would only work to help Demonology.
    Ah cool, never heard it mentioned before was actually thinking of what all we need etc.

Ofc way more needs to be done all the trees need totally reworked

Like all three trees have sooooo much potential to be kick ass in PvP but atm they simply arnt!!!

Doesn't really help prevent getting Ambushed for 12k. Warlock's will still get bursted down in sec's.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    Doesn't really help prevent getting Ambushed for 12k. Warlock's will still get bursted down in sec's.
    As i said it was only one suggestion, There are still many things need to take into consideration...

Demonic empowerment needs to be revisited one way or another. For that matter the first 5 tiers of demo are definately the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen. Demo empowerment isn't even worth the effort of reaching over to press the hotkey.

Glyphed/specced BM is just over 1 min CD so it wont be that OP
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

I would like a fix outside of our talent trees that effects all locks regardless of spec. Your fix requires a lock to put 41 points in demo in order to get FG. What about affl/destro?
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    I would like a fix outside of our talent trees that effects all locks regardless of spec. Your fix requires a lock to put 41 points in demo in order to get FG. What about affl/destro?
    As I said "Suggestion for one pvp fix"for this talent

I have a load of thoughts for the different trees but I really like the DE i suggested it would really benefit demonology tree... However demonology is the most viable spec atm for pvp but we still get tore to shreds whichever spec we are... Something does need to be done going from one of the highest used class in arena to the lowest is just sad... I blame the good Warlock devs focusing on other things i.e. the melee warlock DK!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Korah
    As I said "Suggestion for one pvp fix"for this talent

I have a load of thoughts for the different trees but I really like the DE i suggested it would really benefit demonology tree... However demonology is the most viable spec atm for pvp but we still get tore to shreds whichever spec we are... Something does need to be done going from one of the highest used class in arena to the lowest is just sad... I blame the good Warlock devs focusing on other things i.e. the melee warlock DK!!!!!

I know its a suggestion and I told you why I dont like it. Blizzard needs to fix the WHOLE warlock class. Giving a band aid to one tree only stitches the wound closed; does not stop the internal bleeding. I agree that our talent trees have long needed an overhaul. I would not like it if Blizzard continues to corn-hole us by consistently forcing us to rely on one tree and one pet for specific situations.

Blizzard needs to make all pets viable for PvE and PvP as well as all talent trees. I will not be happy if i am forced into another "SL/SL" required spec just to compete. Arenas and BGs are half of the gameplay. We should be able to compete (not saying always win, just participate) in all aspects of WoW and have fun doing it. Automatically knowing how every lock that enters an arena is specced is a disadvantage to us and an advantage to our adversary. Plus its a boring way to play the game.
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

I know its a suggestion and I told you why I dont like it. Blizzard needs to fix the WHOLE warlock class. Giving a band aid to one tree only stitches the wound closed; does not stop the internal bleeding. I agree that our talent trees have long needed an overhaul. I would not like it if Blizzard continues to corn-hole us by consistently forcing us to rely on one tree and one pet for specific situations.

Blizzard needs to make all pets viable for PvE and PvP as well as all talent trees. I will not be happy if i am forced into another "SL/SL" required spec just to compete. Arenas and BGs are half of the gameplay. We should be able to compete (not saying always win, just participate) in all aspects of WoW and have fun doing it. Automatically knowing how every lock that enters an arena is specced is a disadvantage to us and an advantage to our adversary. Plus its a boring way to play the game.
    we all know this what he is saying is that this is 1 of the many changes that could be implemented in order to fix our pvp situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Yeah I understand, I would love the fact that playing different specs in arena would be more fun than forced into the one spec... I'm just wishful thinking that they will sort it out sooner rather than later. I just long for a blue post either a quick teaser what they got planned or just what all theyve came up with. We need something to look forward too.

All they have released is about the summoning change :S

Then stop asking for a band aid when the entire class needs reconstruction. Sorry but most "solutions" i read from posters only involves one spec. That will only delay the problem and I want there to be an end to it. Sorry Im not trying to say its a bad idea, its kinda clever, but what about all the other pets? Fel Guards should not be our only means to PvP.
    Definition of useless -

Then stop asking for a band aid when the entire class needs reconstruction. Sorry but most "solutions" i read from posters only involves one spec. That will only delay the problem and I want there to be an end to it. Sorry Im not trying to say its a bad idea, its kinda clever, but what about all the other pets? Fel Guards should not be our only means to PvP.
    again you miss the point. as there needs to be multiple changes there likewise needs to be multiple things to change into. you don't just magically fix everything without some ideas for good changes. this is a single thing that can be used as 1 of the many changes to fix our problems. it would give the devs an idea on how to fix 1 of our many less than useful talents. also demonic empowerment works for all of our minions so there would have to be a similar change for each of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    again you miss the point. as there needs to be multiple changes there likewise needs to be multiple things to change into. you don't just magically fix everything without some ideas for good changes. this is a single thing that can be used as 1 of the many changes to fix our problems. it would give the devs an idea on how to fix 1 of our many less than useful talents. also demonic empowerment works for all of our minions so there would have to be a similar change for each of them.
    Actually im not missing your point; I disagree with it (there is a difference). If he had suggested changes for all the pet bonuses from Demonic Empowerment then I would not have posted my objections. He did not. What he did post was a change that only made Felgaurds useful in PvP; forcing us to put at least 41 points into demonology. That is why I dont like the suggestion.

You can say "great idea" all you want but this suggestion follows the approach that Blizzard has always taken when modifying the warlock class; change 1 ability and hope everything balances out (it never does). I agree with you that many changes need to take place. However I dont want any of them to be only applicable in Pve or PvP and only for one tree. If you repair the core abilities that all locks get, then every tree will be better.
    Definition of useless -

Actually the reason why I only included felguard is because any person who plays a lot well enuf would know I am talking about all of the different pets within the ability of demonic empowerment , I highlited felguard because its the most viable pet for deep demon at the min... I would trust you all to use your brain and work out the pet and caster equivalents...

If he had suggested changes for all the pet bonuses from Demonic Empowerment then I would not have posted my objections
    Next time I will state - reword it for the other pets to suit what the tooltip says add "Pet Name" and "Caster equivalent"