making my own UI

Hi all

I want to make my own UI.
    Just a simple thing without any graphics.
    But i dont kow where to start, because i dont know which addons to get.
    I want everthing to be move-able.
    - unitframe ( i know pitbull? and ag unitframe, but dont know which is beter)
    - my minimap
    - action bars (only know bartender4)
    - and castingbar.
    - buff and debuff icons.

so hope you guys can suggest me addons to make these moveable and also hope when i far enough to help me improve it.

ty.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: making my own UI

- unitframe - I suggest Perl classic, its light, highly adjustable (not as much as pitbull or others but its less memory intensive as well) and shows what you need in a clean unit frame.
    - my minimap - simpleminimap, customized shapes, can resize and reposition, and it also unlocks tracking things to move where you want (durability/quests/questtimers/etc)
    - action bars - Bartender 4 or Dominoes. I personally prefer dominoes, but thats my preference, there isnt much different between them.
    - and castingbar. Quartz. Best bar out there, fully customizable/sizable/moveable.
    - buff and debuff icons. Elkano's Buff Bars Many different display options, movable, sortable, create your own black/white lists, etc.
    Combat frames - Mik's scrolling battle text (MSBT)

Here is a screenie of my UI, using those i suggested )and a bunch more, but you see the basics

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m...708_105327.jpg

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    Hi all

I want to make my own UI.
    Just a simple thing without any graphics.
    But i dont kow where to start, because i dont know which addons to get.
    I want everthing to be move-able.
    - unitframe ( i know pitbull? and ag unitframe, but dont know which is beter)
    - my minimap
    - action bars (only know bartender4)
    - and castingbar.
    - buff and debuff icons.

so hope you guys can suggest me addons to make these moveable and also hope when i far enough to help me improve it.

ty.
    unitframe - Pitbull if u kno how to use it
    minimap - SimpleMinimap
    action bars - Bartender4 is the best no question about it
    castingbar - Quartz
    buff and debuff - SatrinaBuffFrames
    Combat Frames - Parrot (quite hard to set up but once u have it's WELL worth it!)

http://www.clavey.org/theten/e107_images/ui.jpg

Unitframes - Use PitBull. Most customizable frame, whitout being as confusing as some of the more lua based addons.
    Minimap - Chinchilla. Great customization, and nice looks.
    Action Bars - Bartender's the only one you need to know. There are Dominos, but i'd always choose BT4. And you should add ButtonFacade, for nice looks.
    Castbar - Quartz is the only thing worth getting.
    Buffs - Here it's up to you what kind of buffs you like. If you like the way Blizz set up your buff as squares on rows, get Buffalo, same style just customizable. But, if you want your buffs to appear like bars, then get ElkanosBuffBars.

An SS of my UI, using PitBull, BF, Chinchilla, BT4, Quartz, EBB, and various others.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkros
    Unitframes - Use PitBull. Most customizable frame, whitout being as confusing as some of the more lua based addons.
    Minimap - Chinchilla. Great customization, and nice looks.
    Action Bars - Bartender's the only one you need to know. There are Dominos, but i'd always choose BT4. And you should add ButtonFacade, for nice looks.
    Castbar - Quartz is the only thing worth getting.
    Buffs - Here it's up to you what kind of buffs you like. If you like the way Blizz set up your buff as squares on rows, get Buffalo, same style just customizable. But, if you want your buffs to appear like bars, then get ElkanosBuffBars.

An SS of my UI, using PitBull, BF, Chinchilla, BT4, Quartz, EBB, and various others.

Elkanos bars can do just like blizzard too but sizable and what not (icons and timers instead of names and bars)

Quote Originally Posted by WildEther
    - unitframe - I suggest Perl classic, its light, highly adjustable (not as much as pitbull or others but its less memory intensive as well) and shows what you need in a clean unit frame.
    - my minimap - simpleminimap, customized shapes, can resize and reposition, and it also unlocks tracking things to move where you want (durability/quests/questtimers/etc)
    - action bars - Bartender 4 or Dominoes. I personally prefer dominoes, but thats my preference, there isnt much different between them.
    - and castingbar. Quartz. Best bar out there, fully customizable/sizable/moveable.
    - buff and debuff icons. Elkano's Buff Bars Many different display options, movable, sortable, create your own black/white lists, etc.

Here is a screenie of my UI, using those i suggested )and a bunch more, but you see the basics

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m...708_105327.jpg
    ty for your reply mate
    Just have a couple of questions about your ui
    the arch thingies are icehud riht?
    and the info at the top is from titan panel right?

also i am after 3 more addons
    -1 is i think dr damage which shows your damage ptential of that action button, not sure though
    -other is a extra bar which expands when you hold it on it and shows more button which should be ideal to put all portals, proff and drinks under it
    - also need a replacement for combat text

ty for your reply mate

-1 is i think dr damage which shows your damage ptential of that action button, not sure though
    -other is a extra bar which expands when you hold it on it and shows more button which should be ideal to put all portals, proff and drinks under it
    I'm pretty sure that addon is iceHUD and i think having something of iceHUD or arcHUD is really nice but of those two i prefer arcHUD for sure had the addon for over a year and love it.
    Drdamage can show damage potential of spells on action button,track highest crits, say what specific spells benefit from the most (haste/crit/spelldamage/ap etc) and more.
    Scrolling combat text with scrolling combat text damage both are available for download from curse like almost all addons are.

- DrDmg is a great AddOn for figuring out your actual dps, the avg. dmg of you skills, and alot of other stuff.
    - The AddOn you're looking for is called AutoBar.
    - You can get gdFont, which changes the font of the blizz standard. complete overhauls can be made with things like Parrot, MiksScrollingCombatText, SCT. I use a combination of gdFont for the dmg i do, and SCT for the dmg, healing and buffs i recieve.

ty for your reply mate

Mage mod Cryolysis has the collapsible bars you want, plus more (no mage should be without it IMHO)

Autobar might also be what you ar ethinking of, i used to use it but i got the G15 mod instead so i have a layout ready for my keyboard.

Dr. Damage is the one that shows the spell info and all that which is what i think you wanted (bloats tooltips bad though).

and the top bar is Fubar and here is a list of all the additions for it:
    Fubar addon list

Combat text- Mik's scrolling battle text (MSBT) (better than SCT as it is way more customizable and you can creat your own custom frames adn set fonts for anything you want)
    And yes, the bars are Icehud

- Unitframe - Pitbull
    - Minimap - Chinchilla
    - Action Bars - Dominos
    - Castingbar - AzCastBar
    - Buffs - SatrinaBuffFrame
    - Tips - Cowtip
    - Cooldowns - Cooling and Doom_CooldownPulse

ty guys for the help so far.
    I am still working on it :P its a bit harder then i thought i would be.
    but i have still some questions
    -alkros which addon shows the repair status of you items.
    -and i also want to know where i can get fonts

And guys ty a lot for also posting your UI its a great inspiration source for mine and if you know a usefull addon, a must have, please do tell.

Duratek will show repair status in percentage (Fubar Plugin) on the bar (i can't find it for some reason, not sure why)

Fizzle is the mod that shows the %'s on the char sheet.

Fonts generally come with mods that use different ones. For example, MikScrollingBattleText has about 25 different fonts that come with it. otherwise check out this link for some font mods.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ts.aspx?q=font

Quote Originally Posted by WildEther
    Duratek will show repair status in percentage (Fubar Plugin) on the bar (i can't find it for some reason, not sure why)

Fizzle is the mod that shows the %'s on the char sheet.

Fonts generally come with mods that use different ones. For example, MikScrollingBattleText has about 25 different fonts that come with it. otherwise check out this link for some font mods.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ts.aspx?q=font

i mean like mondays screenshot show that al addons have same font

I got buttonfacade and buffalo and i cant manage to get my buffs to look like this,
    can someone please help.

Deleted

On ButtonFacade options move the "Gloss" slider to the right and you will get desired effect on buff frames, however I don't understand lower left corner. Addon you selected is Grid and ButtonFacade does not affect it.