best PvE spec with avg gear.

Looking for some input on the best spec for a lock with avg gear. i have mostly heroic blues and a few heroic epcis. i also have a few nax10 epics. i only have about 200 hit atm i know it needs to be higher but i was just wondering what would give me the most dps.

ive tried haunt/ruin. FG/emberstorm. Imp/emberstorm. Chaos/impimp
    they all seem to get me about 1550-1750 dps.

Re: best PvE spec with avg gear.

Give 40/31 a go, using your imp. This will give you 21% crit for your fire based attacks(1% in backlash). Also you will be getting the 12% additional spell power based on your pets int/sta. You can also run a felguard instead but you will lose crit, and wont be able to max out ember.

um....I'll respectfully disagree on that one.

0/41/30 felguard w' emberstorm. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZ0xIzsgMq0sxzZVchVrzuV

You can swap 1 or 2 points from demo tactics into fel synergy if your healers suck but you really shouldn't have to. The FG is far more durable than the imp and scales w' all the melee buffs. A shifted imp is an option when you can't have feltard out.

The direlock build isn't bad its just the imp is still pretty frail. Also w' the 20% attack power felguard glyph (10% now) in next patch expect FG builds to gain 100'ish dps over what they do now or 200'ish over non glyphed.

Best way is to try both on test dummies switching glyphs (imp vs felguard) and running some instances. You will want glyph of immolate, possibly CoA (small dps boost but gives more uptime and 2x more ticks to help MC procs), and glyph of felguard/imp.

Deep destro will also gain during the patch but its a bit more gear dependent.

One other spec that gets little press but does alot of dps early is http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVq0IstcxM0cZV You have all the goodies of affliction w' the boost of demo aegis. You lose ruin but if your crit is low (which is the case early in gearing) its more dps than about anything.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    um....I'll respectfully disagree on that one.

0/41/30 felguard w' emberstorm. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZ0xIzsgMq0sxzZVchVrzuV

You can swap 1 or 2 points from demo tactics into fel synergy if your healers suck but you really shouldn't have to. The FG is far more durable than the imp and scales w' all the melee buffs. A shifted imp is an option when you can't have feltard out.

The direlock build isn't bad its just the imp is still pretty frail. Also w' the 20% attack power felguard glyph (10% now) in next patch expect FG builds to gain 100'ish dps over what they do now or 200'ish over non glyphed.

Best way is to try both on test dummies switching glyphs (imp vs felguard) and running some instances. You will want glyph of immolate, possibly CoA (small dps boost but gives more uptime and 2x more ticks to help MC procs), and glyph of felguard/imp.

Deep destro will also gain during the patch but its a bit more gear dependent.

One other spec that gets little press but does alot of dps early is http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVq0IstcxM0cZV You have all the goodies of affliction w' the boost of demo aegis. You lose ruin but if your crit is low (which is the case early in gearing) its more dps than about anything.
    as for the comment about the imp being pretty frail id have to disagree. i have only ever had the little idiot die a few times and that was due to my carelessness. just keybind him to follow you to an easy to reach key for heavy movement fights. works perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

ty for all the comments.

Since I now have a second affli warlock in the guild I tend to use the imp to get both fel int and blood pact and my experience is that since the imp isn't melee it's far less likely to be killed by a boss cleaving, or having some damage aura or of course any tail sweeps pets are still not able to recognize.