Deterrence vs. Dispersion

Do you guys want to hear something funny?

In the next patch the hunter skill 'Deterrence' will be a better ability then Dispersion in PvP

Deterrence - Baseline ability
    vs
    Dispersion - 51 pt. ability

Re: Deterrence vs. Dispersion

Deterrence is avoidance of damage coming from the front. Any one with an ability that puts them behind the hunter completely bypasses it. Also, it only deflects damage. So any stun or immobilize effect can allow you to get behind the hunter.

Dispersion is usable while stunned and feared. It reduces damage from all directions and refunds mana.

I feel dispersion should also heal (i was VERY disappointed when I logged on the PTR and they removed the healing) but its still better than Deterrence.

Re: Deterrence vs. Dispersion

Quote Originally Posted by jaysenedwinward
    Deterrence is avoidance of damage coming from the front. Any one with an ability that puts them behind the hunter completely bypasses it. Also, it only deflects damage. So any stun or immobilize effect can allow you to get behind the hunter.

Dispersion is usable while stunned and feared. It reduces damage from all directions and refunds mana.

I feel dispersion should also heal (i was VERY disappointed when I logged on the PTR and they removed the healing) but its still better than Deterrence.
    Except on Paladins when they Avenging Wrath, or those random Chaos Bolts, or or or... *list goes on*
    What's the point of damage reduction if there are ways to completely ignore it in the first place?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~