Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: cant break ~2400 dps

One thing I've been working on is paying attention to when I get a haste buff from things like eradication. Don't forget how long your GCD's are, especially COA. Staying in the habit of clicking at 1.5 seconds when you could be clicking at every 1 second can cost you a lot of dps over the course of a fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Absynthe
    Well dude, shadow bolt should be about 50% of your total damage.
    Try going 53/0/18, replace hit rating gems with spell power ones, and drop immolate from your rotation, it will leave you more time to hit with shadow bolts and keep shadow embrace up.

blubb? drop immo? blubb blubb? immo + glyph ows for damage done.

anyway back to the OP, too tired to check you hit but ur cycle is semi ok. you start out with sb, haunt wich is the right thing to do but bring immolation later if so, you got SE up, why not let the dots benefit and tick by it from start.

with 2x10man items, 4 badge items and rest heroics I had no trouble beating 3200 dps. if u cant reach it its either due to lag, poor hit (still havent been bothered to check sorry) or simply a matter of skill.
    early on you wanne keep crit decent, later on many ppl incl myself let haste pull away a bit in order to put out more SB's.

Oh anopther thing might be glyhps, SL, Immolation, Cor is the preferable one if you got the skill to include all that shit in the cycle, if s1 post anything else like CoA or some shit they are cluess.
    Coa is used for ppl who find it hard with cycles. Cor glyph stink but its the best option nevertheless for the 3rd slot.

Cheers
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul
    its hit and crit, really. the pieces in general have both hit and crit on them. and with no Spriest or Boomkin in the raid, i cant afford not to be hard capped on hit.
    This makes me wonder: Which of the caster buffs -do- you have? 10% crit from scorch? Elem shaman? Is someone else (DK?) maintaining the 13% spell boost, or is that your job too?

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything criminally wrong. Gemming differently isn't going to double your dps. Most likely you're looking at a raid comp issue, or just the encounters being weird.

Other thoughts.. I haven't messed with affi myself since beta, so I'm not sure if this is still the case.. But at the time I seem to recall you could cast Corruption when trinketed (preferrably a use: on top of a proc) and then keep it up indefinitely with haunt/DL. That is to say, when it was refreshed, it kept the higher spell-power value.

Exploiting that could earn you a significant boost to your corruption damage, and might help you eek out that little bit of extra damage on fights where you can keep it up.

My Armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hilas&n=Artlol
    With Fel armor and pet out 2.1k Spellpower

My Spec - 0/41/30

Glyphs
    Glyph of Felguard - Major
    Glyph of Immolate - Major
    Glyph of Corruption - Major

I have other gear that i rotate around when doing 25 man raids that hit cap me, and obviously loose some crit.

Spell Rotation
    CoA --> Corruption -- > Immolate --> Incin Spam, then rinse repeat.

On trash - I usally dot one mob with the full rotation (CoA > Corrupt > Immo)
    then dot about 2 other mobs just with Immo > Corrupt
    Then Focus on one mob with Immo > Spam Incin

Boss - Same ideal, Dot the boss with the same rotation
    Spam Incin, Repeat refresh dots,

3.5-4.k Dps done easily - We don't have any Moonkins, in our guild atm. But when we do, I cant wait ^.^

To those affliction lovers, Yes Affliction does the highest output of dps atm for warlocks, but its got the most horrible rotations and alot of bosses require you to move around with usually screws your rotation and lowers your dps.

Demo/Destro FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gathriel
    Is there any good addon to measure realtime dps please?
    I use recount and just glance at the meter when the situation allows. But dont dote on DPS as a measure of performance, skill or playablity. Damage done is a far better measure of performance. Aff doesnt have consistent burst dps so DPS wont mean much until a boss and only till the end.

I don't think anyone actually looked at this kid's armory. LOL.
    He's in lvl 70 merc glad gear still. No wonder you are low.

Try going 53/0/18, replace hit rating gems with spell power ones, and drop immolate from your rotation, it will leave you more time to hit with shadow bolts and keep shadow embrace up.

/agree, aff isnt about refreshing dots. its about spaming Shadowbolts... wile refreshing dots.

Quote Originally Posted by TS Aeonin
    I don't think anyone actually looked at this kid's armory. LOL.
    He's in lvl 70 merc glad gear still. No wonder you are low.
    learning to read wouldnt hurt you.

"i log out in PvP gear" was clearly stated, because that's what i farm in.

and those two pices of Merc Gladiator gear are better than the Frostsavage pieces in every way. More stam, more or the same damage (when sockets are taken into account), and more resilience.

Since i havent been PvPing because of the debacle that is PvP with a warlock, i havent had the time to replace them.

edit:

and your dumbass assumption that i would somehow be stupid enough to go into a raid wearing level 70 PvP gear... srsly man, i need some of what you're smoking.

logged out in my PvE gear tonight.

as i said before i know some places that need upgrading and will do me some good right away:

shoulders
    belt
    legs
    head
    weapon

but only the shoulders and belt are easily available upgrades.

you should farm in pve gear, unless u get ganked all the time

also make sure you get appropriate glyphs

right now top dps glyph for affliction are
    COA
    Siphon Life
    Immolate

I use Glyph of Corruption instead of COA though, but thats cause i like them more nightfall procs!
    Ishammael - Undead Warlock - Cho'Gall

pew pew lazers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishammael
    you should farm in pve gear, unless u get ganked all the time

also make sure you get appropriate glyphs

right now top dps glyph for affliction are
    COA
    Siphon Life
    Immolate

I use Glyph of Corruption instead of COA though, but thats cause i like them more nightfall procs!
    Glyph of Agony is actually not a dps increase; it just changes up the rotation a bit. I looked into extensively before sticking with Corrpution/Immo/Siphon

edit: and why should i farm in PvE gear? so the mobs die 1.2 seconds faster?

not worth it

Glyph of Agony is actually not a dps increase; it just changes up the rotation a bit. I looked into extensively before sticking with Corrpution/Immo/Siphon

edit: and why should i farm in PvE gear? so the mobs die 1.2 seconds faster?

not worth it
    glyph of sl not worth it as sl does dismal dmg, while glyph of coa allows you re fresh sl/coa together with ease.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkas
    glyph of sl not worth it as sl does dismal dmg, while glyph of coa allows you re fresh sl/coa together with ease.

--Affliction (51/0/15 +5)--

Immolate: 42.94 DPS Increase [Glyph Choice]
    Siphon Life: 34.01 DPS Increase [Glyph Choice]
    Corruption: 18.8 DPS Increase [Glyph Choice]
    ---Safe to just assume that it increases Nightfall proc to 8%. [Glyph Choice]
    Felhunter: 9 DPS Increase [Glyph Choice]
    Shadowbolt: 7.49 DPS Increase with a sufficiently long fight (over 8minutes) [Glyph Choice]

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkas
    actually, its a *substantial* boost to Siphon Life's damage (as shown above); mine went from ticking for about 440 to over 510 baseline. Against a raid debuffed target even in a sub-optimal 10 man for a caster, i get SL ticks up over 700 no problem.

I correct myself. Doing some long time tests on the heroic training dummies, I found that introducing glyphed Immolate is a massive dps increase. Have still to test it in a raid environment and how much immolate scales with buffs compared to shadow bolt.
    I jumped from 2700 dps to over 3000 in solo without any buff and shadow bolts were about 30% of my total damage.

This is my armory link.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...kar&n=Absynthe

... because i am sick of seeing the frostfire mage standing next to me press two buttons in gear that isnt even within 20% of mine and faceroll his way to 4500 dps....
    i'm sorry to be a pretty obvious troll here. But i'm that frostfire mage, and for the record it's 4 buttons regularly, and some CD's every once in awhile.

If you want to complain about facerolling, you need to go back to TBC, and realize how damn good you had it.

Macro clicky trinkets to your Shadowbolt.

and you have 3 buttons including cooldowns.
    Shadowbolt.
    Life Tap
    Soul shatter.

Welcome to 2.5k DPS Pre-wrath.

QQ more.

EDIT: Also, just wanted to add in the glyph discussion that our main warlock can pull about 5k DPS, so you might want to armory Therilyn or Klugheit from bloodscalp and Look @ their specs.

Upgrade your gear. Your rotation is fine, but you need at least ilvl 200 in every slot to start seeing some decent dps.
    Lvl 70 gear doesn't make a viable dps. Nor do lvl 78 blues. You need at least heroic blues and epics.

Frost fire mages are going to be old when next patch will jump in.
    I'm sorry dude, but mages never had a complex rotation even before wotlk, you better look at what hunters do now to pull that dps sleeping on the keyboard. Hopefully this will get fixed.

Good QQ to everybody. Happy new year.

Heya, I top dps with this spec nearly every raid pulling anywhere from 4200-4800 dps on patchwerk, max has been about 4950 and 3900-4200 on any other raidboss. I'm at 2670 Spell Damage 16% Crit 330 Hit selfbuffed, and about 3200ish SD and hitcapped with raidbuffs. The trick to using this spec is knowing when to dot, never use a dot then a dot right after this will wreck your GCD. For example use SB then Corruption then SB again then COA (Even though you shouldn't actually use this). My rotation on a raidboss is..

Haunt
    UA
    Immolate (Gylph for imp immo)
    Corruption
    Shadow Bolt
    Curse of Doom
    Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Bolt
    Haunt
    Shadow Bolt
    UA
    Immolate
    Corruption

And so on if you're glyphed for imp Drain Life you can add this to a rotation in any fight that you feel you need to help the healers a little bit, it's not a real nerf in your dps and it's not a real gain either.
    If the boss is going to die before your next minute is over you can add COA after a Shadow Bolt aswell, although I try to avoid adding extra dots to my rotation at all costs due to Shadow Bolt pretty much outweighs all of your spells.

I hope this has helped you out abit

i also see locks saying they have 2300-2400 spellpower, and im just not seeing how they get that, either, not and remain hit capped or have any real crit. Ive researched the items on Wowhead and most upgrades for me are less than 10 spellpower (other than a few slots where ive got some good blues that could do with upgradeing) - no way it totals up to another 400 spellpower.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Ring&n=Maideza

I have 2195 with w/Fel Armour, no Demons

Give me The Turning Tide and Another trinket = over 2400. If I get better enchants, go figure.

Not that hard, at all.

And I am hit capped, since I always have a Draenei with me in 25 man

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nmitty
    Heya, I top dps with this spec nearly every raid pulling anywhere from 4200-4800 dps on patchwerk, max has been about 4950 and 3900-4200 on any other raidboss. I'm at 2670 Spell Damage 16% Crit 330 Hit selfbuffed, and about 3200ish SD and hitcapped with raidbuffs. The trick to using this spec is knowing when to dot, never use a dot then a dot right after this will wreck your GCD. For example use SB then Corruption then SB again then COA (Even though you shouldn't actually use this). My rotation on a raidboss is..

Haunt
    UA
    Immolate (Gylph for imp immo)
    Corruption
    Shadow Bolt
    Curse of Doom
    Shadow Bolt
    Shadow Bolt
    Haunt
    Shadow Bolt
    UA
    Immolate
    Corruption

And so on if you're glyphed for imp Drain Life you can add this to a rotation in any fight that you feel you need to help the healers a little bit, it's not a real nerf in your dps and it's not a real gain either.
    If the boss is going to die before your next minute is over you can add COA after a Shadow Bolt aswell, although I try to avoid adding extra dots to my rotation at all costs due to Shadow Bolt pretty much outweighs all of your spells.

I hope this has helped you out abit

Why are you reapplying corruption? Also pretty sure 2 CoA's will outweight the damage done by curse of doom even if it can crit with our low crit chance in affliction.

Answering op's original question. I found when i got closer to the hit cap (have 402 hit rating buffed in raids which gives me 15.7 or something), then just 2 points in each of the hit rating talents to get me the 17%, then used those points elsewhere. I added a point to molten core aswell, suprising how much of an increase it can have, and procs alot with all the shadow dots flying around. Glyphed immolate is ticking for about 1200.

Not amazingly well geared but with my spec and rotation (Haunt, UA, Immo, Corr, SL, CoA, SB Filler etc) i do 2400 dps on heroic dummy solo. I dont think thats too bad considering i only have 1400 spellpower unbuffed. Having a problem figuring out where to get alot more spellpower from too :/ Legs enchant is only really big thing im missing :/