Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: cant break ~2400 dps

Quote Originally Posted by Herrera
    You need at least heroic blues and epics.
    im sorry, but that is such a massive overgeneralization that it boggles the mind.

most of those "heroic blues or epics" have less:

spellpower
    hit
    crit

they arent going to make my dps different.

Quote Originally Posted by BuNNyRespawned
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Ring&n=Maideza
    And I am hit capped, since I always have a Draenei with me in 25 man
    so what you're saying is, you aren't hit capped. gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubade
    i'm sorry to be a pretty obvious troll here. But i'm that frostfire mage, and for the record it's 4 buttons regularly, and some CD's every once in awhile.

If you want to complain about facerolling, you need to go back to TBC, and realize how damn good you had it.

Macro clicky trinkets to your Shadowbolt.

and you have 3 buttons including cooldowns.
    Shadowbolt.
    Life Tap
    Soul shatter.

Welcome to 2.5k DPS Pre-wrath.

QQ more.

EDIT: Also, just wanted to add in the glyph discussion that our main warlock can pull about 5k DPS, so you might want to armory Therilyn or Klugheit from bloodscalp and Look @ their specs.
    hey, i agree, that was stupid.

I never once spec'ed 0/21/40, and i never would have. the fact that it could pull that dps with so little work was stupid, just like the fact that a FF Mage can do the same thing, is still stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul
    so what you're saying is, you aren't hit capped. gotcha.

Its honestly stupid to waste 1% hit cap - which you can have turned into some SP - if you know you ALWAYS will be in a group with a Draenei.

To Aubade, The solution isn't to go from 1 class spamming 2-4 buttons and top DPS'ing but to rather take it away from the class(warlocks) and make all classes use button rotation to top DPS, and im not whining about mages either in our raids mages locks hunter and Dk's all fight for top spot if different on each boss (except 25 thaddius where our fury warrior has 6.5k dps+ reaching 6.8 at 1 point and is always top DPS) But as far as other bosses go our 2 mages and 2 locks 2 DK's and 1 Hunter all range from 5.2k -5.6k DPS fighting for top spot usually its our Lock who raids as Destro who tops DPS or the hunter(OP Bastards) but Im usually in top 5 with 5k+ DPS

using Affliction my rotation is

COD-->ShadowBolt-->Haunt-->UA-->Immolate-->Corruption--Siphon Life-->Shadowbolt x3--->Haunt-->Shadow bolt x2-->UA-->Immo....and so On

Then at 25%Life start Soul Drain, refreshing Dot's when needed keeping Haunt up the whole time and COA when the boss has Less then an Minute left, save your trinkets for BloodLust usually in a 25 man you can bloodlust twice once right away pop trinkets here and they should be refreshed for the 2nd blood lust, we always save 1 blood lust for the last 25% this give many classes a much higher DPS increase because many of them have talents that make them do more dmg when a mob is below X% Health, anyways your ticks on Soul Drain should be at least 8k, I've had them ticking for 13k before and with Blood lust the numbers Fly. HIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT you will see a much high DPS increase being hit capped, then from there Spell DMG--> Haste--> Crit (for affliction anyways) Haste is going to help alot more than Crit with affliction seeing as how there is more down time with the GCD in Affliction. Also many classes in a Raid give buffs ( Demo Lock, Dk, Boomkin, Shaman, DISC Priest) theres more but point is you have to have all of them to get max DPS. On a Final Note, I still can't believe how many warlocks and other classes I have to tell that Spirit Helps warlocks DMG most people should know this but if not Take a look at Fel Armor.

Hope this helps and if not O well.

15+ Year Old Account

wow is actually fine dpswise for once, afflictionlocks usually ends up on a close #1 which they should cos they prezz da mozt keyz! *g*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Max out cataclysm and suppression for the spell hit. The only spells you won't have hit capped are enslave demon, banish, and soulshatter. Enslave demon and banish won't be used on bosses so the only one you have to worry about is soulshatter. If your tanks are gearing up with you threat should not be a problem. I very rarely have threat problems on bosses, soulshatter is used more on trash mobs. While ideally you'd want to be hit capped from gear alone the gear at this point makes it hard to come by without sacrificing to many other stats.

Those talents bring your hit cap from 447 to 368, add in a shadow priest or moonkin and it goes down to 289. Don't forget that Snapper Extreme food buff can give you another 40 hit bringing down your total to 249. The ebonweave chest and gloves give you almost half of that with 119 which means you only need 130 from all your other gear combined. This leaves you with alot more room to gear more around solid spell power, haste, and crit. The trinket off the last boss from violet hold, emblem off-hand, and kirin tor revered dagger will put you over the cap, this leaves 12 pieces of gear for solid dps stats.

Don't forget to use you infernal during the last minute of a fight or bring out your doomwalker for a dps heavy fight, with no chance to break they are both nice little dps boosts.
    Doom Lord Kazzak for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul
    as the title says; im still struggling trying to break the 2500 dps mark.

I'm hit capped, 2k Spellpower, and running 56/0/15;

ive got roughly 95% Haunt uptime (only falls off when i have to move/get silenced/etc), 88-95% DoT uptime on all my DoTs (Curse of Agony being my big offender), and i just cannot seem to break 2500 dps in raids.

I dont really know what else i could be doing; 90-95% uptime is about the best you can realisticaly hope for on DoT uptime given lag, not clipping, etc...

i see lots of locks posting much higher numbers with this spec, and i just cant figure out how theyre getting them...

i also see locks saying they have 2300-2400 spellpower, and im just not seeing how they get that, either, not and remain hit capped or have any real crit. Ive researched the items on Wowhead and most upgrades for me are less than 10 spellpower (other than a few slots where ive got some good blues that could do with upgradeing) - no way it totals up to another 400 spellpower.

any thoughts?

is it just raid makeup (no shaman totem, no boomkin) making up the difference... because i am sick of seeing the frostfire mage standing next to me press two buttons in gear that isnt even within 20% of mine and faceroll his way to 4500 dps....
    2070 sp, 15% haste, 12% crit, 15% hit, unholy dk, ele shammy..
    56/0/15 and i managed 4950 dps on patchwerk :X
    armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e&n=Darkenrahl

while 0/41/30 i'm riding on 4400ish anyway, altough until you get the hang of each and every inc, mobility-wise any other spec is better then pure affli, as you'll have some hard time managing mobility fight AND mantaining a proper rotation :P

For some reason my account on mmo-champion was deleted, but here is an armory of me http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aron&n=Clearly

To be honest I don't really like affliction too much and the current spec I'm using seems to do so much better, give it a try I'm sure you'll do more DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Absynthe
    Well dude, shadow bolt should be about 50% of your total damage.
    Try going 53/0/18, replace hit rating gems with spell power ones, and drop immolate from your rotation, it will leave you more time to hit with shadow bolts and keep shadow embrace up.

This is not accurate advice as can be said for a large chunk of the posts in this thread. Immolate will still have a higher DPCT then and extra shadowbolt or two. Don't drop it from your rotation until the boss you are fighting hits 25%. At which point you switch to drain soul as a filler. Keeping shadow embrace up is your priority (2 stacked).

darkenrahl uses 3/3 Eradication, all point and laugh.
    napaZ used CoD - point and laugh from him also.

Just dont do those 2 mistakes. I have 10man naxx gear/heroics/emblems.
    I made 5.3k dps on Patchwerk yesterday which was pretty amazing I may say.

Rotation - SB -> Haunt -> UA -> Immo -> CoA -> Corr. -> SL -> SB -> Haunt -> Keep everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Befizzled
    darkenrahl uses 3/3 Eradication, all point and laugh.
    napaZ used CoD - point and laugh from him also.

Just dont do those 2 mistakes. I have 10man naxx gear/heroics/emblems.
    I made 5.3k dps on Patchwerk yesterday which was pretty amazing I may say.

Rotation - SB -> Haunt -> UA -> Immo -> CoA -> Corr. -> SL -> SB -> Haunt -> Keep everything up.
    I'm intrigued, can you log off in your PVE gear? I got about 4k or so without shadow embrace, boomkin, spriest, unholy DK on patch 25 with doomguard and infernal.
    Granted I got a lot of better items now.

For measure I want to compare the reason your dps would be higher, something I might suspect is more crit and slightly lower SP.
    Can you post your pve stats with fel armor and pet out?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Nachtschaduw

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...oldt&n=Vitupea
    This is my armory link. For Patchwerk I used Doomguard aswell, like all affliction
    locks should do. My stats are unbuffed (using fel armor and stone ofc.).
    SP - 2218
    Hit - 15.67% (untalented)
    Haste - 9.39%
    Crit - 12.95%

For Patchwerk I used Doomguard aswell, like all affliction locks should do.
    I was reading on the EJ forums that the Doomguard doesn't benefit from the master's hit and therefore misses a lot. Hopefully with the patch notes "Ritual of Doom: A Doomguard summoned with this spell will now scale properly from its master's stats.", this will change. They also talked about using your regular pet and then, on Patchwerk, when there's 1 minute left in the fight, summon an infernal to finish the job.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Lets break it down like this.
    Yes, doomguard doesnt benefit properly from masters stats yet, but by taking
    a look to recount. Imp made 300dps so or so and doomguard always 600+.
    Infernal is useful at bosses when they got about minute to live, but time
    between fights isnt much now isnt it. (I look at naxx at the moment.) So it ends
    up being on cd when I need it on most bosses.
    Infernal makes about 800+ always. For fights like Patchwerk I still prefer to
    see Doomguard with raid buffs all the fight, but thats just me I guess.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...oldt&n=Vitupea
    This is my armory link. For Patchwerk I used Doomguard aswell, like all affliction
    locks should do. My stats are unbuffed (using fel armor and stone ofc.).
    SP - 2218
    Hit - 15.67% (untalented)
    Haste - 9.39%
    Crit - 12.95%
    Seems odd, my stats are: 2195, 12.57% crit, 504 haste, 14.03% hit (3/3 suppresion, 0/3 cata).
    Did you have a boomkin and ele shaman with you in the fight?

Wow you must suck..
    Not productive at all and a pointless post. Your personal attacks don't make up for what you lack. Remember that.

I didn't read all of these responses because half of them just wanted to try and make fun of you instead of helping, but...

It appears to me you're doing everything right. People who post really high dps numbers generally have an optimized 25 man raid group complete with boomkin/spriest and demolock/shaman. If you have no boomkin/dk and you're using your CoE for the benefit of the raid, that means you're sacrificing a lot of dps from not using CoA so that your "facerolling" mage can get higher dps (which in reality is better for the raid overall, but i guess everyone is a dps whore at heart).

Try your rotation on a target dummy alone. Then get a boomkin, dk, or lock to put the 13% debuff on the target dummy while you do your rotation. See if that gets your dps to a level you are happy with.

Not even going to get started on why in the world the OP is using lvl 70 pvp gear for farming(since resilience does jack in pve).

Look, even at 2000 spell dmg, 18-20% crit, and hitcapped, you should be doing more than 2400 dps solo on a target dummy. But without actually being able to see your gear(especially things like trinkets), we have no idea what you should be doing. Especially when we don't know if you mean 2000 spell dmg before fel armor, if you have a t7 4pc bonus giving you dmg, you're using a trinket like illustration of the dragon soul to add to your damage making it 2000, etc.

My armory page: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jal&n=Mercureo

I have a little over 2k self buffed(it's 2045 or so) not including trinket procs and I can pull about 3.7k solo on the lvl 83 target dummy without even making sure I'm not clipping dots(kind of half-asssing it). An ele shammy, boomkin, flask, and foodbuff would add a LOT to that.

And I'm sure you think that 500 resilience is awesome or something, but it's not. It won't do you much good at all and in the process you're shorting yourself a few hundred spell dmg, a few thousand mana, and probably 10% or so crit.

And you said you clipped CoA, well then you already know where part of your dps is going, stop clipping dots.

Logout in your pve gear if you want people to help you with pve matters and guesstimate what numbers you should be doing.

With doomguard during wipe I did 3.8k so I feel with execute and infernal I might just hit up to 4.5 (were with boomkin).

Got 2211 SP, 13.76% crit, 493 haste now.