Thread: PVP Glyphs

PVP Glyphs

What glyphs are considered to be the best for a Mutilate pvp Rogue?

Glyph of Vigor for sure, how about the others major and minor glyphs?

Re: PVP Glyphs

I use the same Major glyphs for PvP as I do for PvE.

Vigor
    Slice n Dice
    Rupture

Depending on your play style in arena's, of course, everyone's choices are going to be different.

Vigor
    Eviscerate
    Rupture/Evasion

not too sure about the last one :/

anyway, i'm using snd, rupture and vigor glyphs until the dual-spec/glyph system is introduced... maybe there are new gylphs available at that time

garrotte rupture and vigor

15+ Year Old Account

personally i'm clueless when it comes to pvp

any special reason (or sources even) to why one should use said glyphs?

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

So u can kill cloth in 3.2 seconds instead of 3.6 seconds. :

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Carne
    So u can kill cloth in 3.2 seconds instead of 3.6 seconds. :
    I deserved that one ^^

could someone point me towards some good sources for pvp strategies and such.

Okay noobs stick with your pve becuase most of you seem to know jack about pvp. If u use rup gylph in pvp your a moron. Backstab Vigor and Garrote are all solid and evasion is solid to but evasion is not working as its used to, but with prep a 40 sec double evasion is not bad.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Calot
    Okay noobs stick with your pve becuase most of you seem to know jack about pvp. If u use rup gylph in pvp your a moron. Backstab Vigor and Garrote are all solid and evasion is solid to but evasion is not working as its used to, but with prep a 40 sec double evasion is not bad.
    correcting people in a respectfull manner goes a long way.

Vigor, Rupture, Eviscerate are the only proper ones for Mutilate pvp. :-\

why rapture?
    i only use that on big fights like 10 vs 10 or against rogues
    preparation glyph is what you want if you got prep

prep, evisc, vigor
    minor would be safe fall, blurred speed, vanish

Umm...why in the hell would you glyph for Eviscerate as a mutilate rogue...it hits for absolute garbage...I'd say, if you are pvp mutilate such as http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...h=180715060205 go Preparation,Evasion,Vigor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganim
    Umm...why in the hell would you glyph for Eviscerate as a mutilate rogue...it hits for absolute garbage...I'd say, if you are pvp mutilate such as http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...h=180715060205 go Preparation,Evasion,Vigor.
    you get eviserate because eviserate rules in pvp as mutilate. and 10% chance to crit with it rules. good luck with your spec though, let me know how arena is down in the 1600's.

OR you could actually want to spec for the most damage you can.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...h=180715060205

i usually have a variation of that spec maybe swapping points around between 1-2 in murder and 2-3 in vile poisons, since people arnt really dispelling poisons with the amount of burst i can toss out.
    vigor / evis / (prep evasion or rupture it doesnt really matter for the last one)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganim
    You fucking kidding me?
    PvP atm is all about reckless zerging, bursting without control. The 10% crit from the glyph is huge...
    Improved Eviscerate > Ruthlessness. Stop thinking about PvE..

Glyph of Prep vs Glyph of Rupture is situational, depends on your setup and in what bracket you're playing.
    I prefer the extra 4 secs on Rupture instead of a 2nd Dismantle, personal choice.

Dont use rupture for your glyph in pvp....its not the way to go.

[img][/img]

It depends a lot on playstyle i would say, also most use the rupture glyph because they are doing both pvp and raids, in which case its an obvious choice to keep the rupture glyph. Also with Blood Spatter, Serrated Blades and T7(.5) 2 set bonus you have a massive damage increase on rupture. On some classes if they don't have a healer this is obviously a waste, but rupture indeed is a a good damage move, and one which still deals damage to your target if they manage to get away, if not to talk about it being a bleed and therefor ignoring armor. And as gear improve i would dare to say rupture will become better, granted that people will not die like flies allowing it to tick.

However personally i think i would prefer Eviscerate, Preparation and Vigor glyphs, that is if you are full time PvP. I would prefer these as well, obviously Vigor and Eviscerate kicks ass, and Preparation because i belive it is possible the best defensive glyph we have avaible. 2x Dismantle really can save your ass if you meet hunters, rets, DK's and warriors. It can even be used for offence if you are fighting healers wielding shields.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.