Looking for a UI for P3 of fighting Malygos

My guild killed Malygos last week, but I find it frustrating for not being able to tell my debuff (Engulf in Flames) from my teammates' during P3.

I have tried some buff/debuff tracking UIs.
    As the debuff is considered to be from ur pets/vehicle rather than yourself, none of the UIs work in such case.
    The UIs that have failed me (or maybe I dun know how to config) are: Xperl, Classtimer, NeedtoKnow, PowerAura

I found one UI in curse.com named MalygosHelper.
    It is a good UI, but there are still a lot of work to do to improve its accuracy.
    The display of the duration and stacks of debuff are constantly changing.
    Sometimes it seemed to be more confusing than without it.

If anyone has any good idea on how to track the debuff, please help me.
    Thank you for reading my very first post.
    Sorry for my lame English. :-X

Re: Looking for a UI for P3 of fighting Malygos

I had the same problem, but it solved himself...

I also wanted to know my stacks on malygos, but i just quit that...
    Just keep em up, this counts, no matter if you got one more or one less...

In my case, nearly everyone else sucked, and the only "high" stack was mine...

OR alternately...Divide your DOT damage by 1500... cause Engulf in Flames does 1500 dmg per stack and tick.

(OR, you find a LUA Programmer, which makes you a Programm, which just prints your stacks out, but i can only write kind of pseudo code how it could work)

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you're just wanting to know how many stacks of the debuff you personally have put up on the boss? Please don't take this the wrong way, but why do you care? You should more or less have a general idea as to how many stacks you're getting up there. If you're good at pushing 112 112 112 112, then you'll be one of the people with a lot of stacks up. In the end, so long as the boss dies and you were pushing the buttons you were supposed to, IMO it doesn't really matter too much who got how many stacks up.

I'm just giving this response because it seems like you're going to a lot of trouble to find out something that isn't worth the trouble.

I would love to help you but, my guild is also strugglin in P3. i also have xpearl as a UI. when we go back im goin to try and disable all add ons but DBM. hope it works, and if anyone out there has a strat for P3 that would be nice, everyone i have read is confusing. TY GL!

112 112....this would be for 25 men...
    for 10 i recommend:

111 2 3 - 111 2 3 - ...

Xperl sucks if you're healing. Anywho, who cares about how many stacks as long as you can successfully do 1,1,2,1,1,2 (and 1,1,5 as needed).

ok when you say 1123 1123 1123 is that for all 10 people, or jus for the dps? sorry for the dumb ?'s but im stumped

Quote Originally Posted by Sartecho
    So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you're just wanting to know how many stacks of the debuff you personally have put up on the boss? Please don't take this the wrong way, but why do you care? You should more or less have a general idea as to how many stacks you're getting up there. If you're good at pushing 112 112 112 112, then you'll be one of the people with a lot of stacks up. In the end, so long as the boss dies and you were pushing the buttons you were supposed to, IMO it doesn't really matter too much who got how many stacks up.

I'm just giving this response because it seems like you're going to a lot of trouble to find out something that isn't worth the trouble.
    Actually what concerns me most is the duration of the debuff.
    In a 112 rotation it is safer to wait for 85 energy then press 2, as sometimes i have to cast shield on myself to mitigate the damage from Malygos.
    However if the Boss cast his skill (i cannot remember the name) serveal times on me in the heat of the battle, my rotation will be totally screwed up, and I dun know if I should wait for 85 energy or cast the finishing skill asap to refresh the debuff.
    So in such case, knowing the debuff duration will do much better.

Aftershocks of Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Aftershocks
    Thanks dude.
    I have tried this addon.
    It is a very good UI, but lack of accuracy is still a pain in the ass.
    Sometimes wrong info is worse than no info.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by dumbthumb
    Thanks dude.
    I have tried this addon.
    It is a very good UI, but lack of accuracy is still a pain in the ass.
    Sometimes wrong info is worse than no info.

UI = User Interface, Malygos Helper is an addon not UI.