Enlightenment or Rapture? - PvP Disc Spec

So, which one? I'm having a hard time deciding if 5% increased stats (minus intellect of course) is better than 2.5% max mana return on EFFICIENT healing in terms of PvP.

Hmm.....

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Enlightenment or Rapture? - PvP Disc Spec

Enlightenment by far for PvP. On top of the extra health you get haste. Just that fraction can sometimes make the difference between getting off a FH and having your partner die. Besides, the current speed of arena fights Rapture is near useless. Either you're dead in 10 seconds or you win.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

There really is no point speccing for Enlightment unless you're using haste pieces for pvp.

And on top of that you'll loose an important mana regen while tanking the DK's in arena.

Borrowed Time currently doesn't effect Penance which makes it possible to put out a hasted Penance and a flash heal/Greater heal after it.

15+ Year Old Account

Incorrect. Borrowed Time does affect Penance. At least all the times I've cast it after a bubble it has.

Deleted

It affects but doesn't get consumed by it. =)

i was having fun when penance benefited but didn't consume both borrowed time AND inner focus.

15+ Year Old Account

Huh. You know, I had actually never even noticed that. Now I see though. I guess for the same reasons Twin Disciplines affects Mind Flay. Channeled spells are considered to be instant cast.

I still think Enlightenment would be better for PvP than Rapture simply because of the current speed of arena matches.

5% hp and haste won't save your ass against something you would have died from without it.

Rapture on the other hand will save your ass against other healer + DPS setups

Depends what you do really, you said pvp, and not "2on2 arena".

If you play offensive in battlegrounds, or heal in larger teams, like 5on5 or 10 man battleground teams, I would definitive go for Enlightenment.

Rapture is for when you play those long mana starved arena matches -- matches that haven't existed since season 4.

Average matches is so fast you won't ever go oom, so I wouldn't worry about it for now.