Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Happy New Year! Tier 8 and Ulduar Weapons preview!

Happy New Year! Tier 8 and Ulduar Weapons preview!
    News have been slow lately, Blizzard posters are taking a break for the end of the year and I don't have much to write about. Hopefully there are still a bunch of interesting things to post and Tier 8 sets and Ulduar gear were at the top of my list.

Please note that these models aren't really new, most of them have been sitting here since the beta of Wrath of the Lich King. I just didn't have the time to news them before (because it actually takes some work to get everything nice and organized), that's pretty much the same with Ulduar weapons, I probably already posted some of them in the past actually but this time you've got the extra-nice high resolution screenshots.

These items will be released with Patch 3.1, it means that everything below is still in beta phase and could be changed (Reminder: This is not the next patch, the next one is 3.0.8 and will most likely be deployed on live servers in the first weeks of January). Don't jump to conclusions because something doesn't look as nice as you wanted it to be, it could even be an error from my side in some case. (Wrong glows on armors or weapons, I don't think it really happened here but you can never be sure)

Druids / Paladins / Shamans / Warrior sets are not in the game files for the moment, it also seems that there isn't any texture for the male version of the rogue set. Just wait a few more weeks and we'll probably see everything on 3.1 PTRs.

Thanks to Zorkk for the help on coding a few things. See you all in 2009!

Tier 8 Armor Sets
    Death Knight

Hunter

Mage

Priest

Rogue

Warlock

Ulduar Weapons
    Again, these files have been here for some time and we will most likely see more models added to the game with the release of the Ulduar raid dungeon.

Note: The model of the 2-Hand mace is actually named "Aspects" instead of Ulduar, but one of the skin used on this mace is properly named "Ulduar" and we will most likely see this mace for the first time in 3.1.

Mace_2H_Aspects_D_01

Sword_1H_Ulduar_D_01

Sword_1H_Ulduar_D_03

Sword_2H_Ulduar_D_01

Bow_2H_Crossbow_Ulduar_D_01.jpg

Firearm_2H_Rifle_Ulduar_D_01.jpg

Re: Happy New Year! Tier 8 and Ulduar Weapons preview!

Lol good thing we get the option to not show helms.

sorry rogues XD

Btw why are there a bunch of different colors for the armor sets?

Hopefully swords will be better itemized in 3.1
    Rogues are stuck with fists + daggers currently.

The rogue set on a troll is probably going to look retarded beyond measure... Good thing we can hide helmets indeed.

The colors are for 10/25 man, and probably 2-3 sets for the different PvP tiers as well.

What's with the really bad looking guns and crossbows?

Though I do like the hunter set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    It's kinda sad that the most interesting dungeon content idea Blizz has come up with in years is an April Fools joke.

Quote Originally Posted by italyguy
    Btw why are there a bunch of different colors for the armor sets?
    - 10/25 Man versions
    - Recolors for non-set items
    - Recolors for items included much later in game
    - Recolors for gear used on NPCs/Monsters (the Mage Tier 8 is used on Rhonin / Aethas Sunreaver / etc ... Warlock one on Grand Apothecary Putress)
    - Recolors just in case they need them. ^^

I'm really looking forward to wearing that DK set
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    - 10/25 Man versions
    - Recolors for non-set items
    - Recolors for items included much later in game
    - Recolors for gear used on NPCs/Monsters (the Mage Tier 8 is used on Rhonin / Aethas Sunreaver / etc ... Warlock one on Grand Apothecary Putress)
    - Recolors just in case they need them. ^^
    and probably for S6

ow i thought that set for rogues was fake in beta

and yes thank god for the option to display helm

LOL funnily enough these sets are starting to remind me of Warhammer (back in the day).

Wow, the model reuse is pretty rampant with these weapons. I see blinkstrike, mana wrath and arcanite steam pistol with a few extra polys. Pretty slack for tier gear.

I think the rogue set looks pretty damn cool, but I have always been a fan of Nosferatu. I'm tempted to level my rogue now...

and probably for S6
    Nop, PvP and PvE gear aren't using the same models anymore, except if they decide to change their mind.

yay! I've been waiting for those set models. I didn't know they'd come so early! When will the ulduar patch be? Jan maybe?

I love the priest and warlock sets..can't wait to see druid...

Maybe the "Aspects" tag means its coming from the next boss in the Wyrmrest Temple raids.

I donno when blizzard will be more creative seriously most of the designs i am seeing are already in BC * weapons *

and about the gear its already on the NPCS's around dalaran or northrend

really dispointed

"rogues havent looked good since bloodfang"

amen partner.....
    tokes
    <E V A C>
    80 night elf rogue
    aegwynn - us

Quote Originally Posted by gvdhk
    LOL funnily enough these sets are starting to remind me of Warhammer (back in the day).
    Warlock reminds me of Zealot.

So the movie we have seen; the " tier?" on youtube; wasnt a hoax it is real!

My opinion on the sets:
    • DK: mix of starter set and t5 warr helmet, blue one looks nice!
    • hunter: always get nice sets, like the t0-alike things on the bottom of the shoulders
    • mage: ugly, robot alike
    • priest: LOVE IT, really awesome looking, really like the gold and blue ones!
    • rogue: strange, doesnt really fit, i think the headpiece isnt roguelike, although the rest of the suit is stealthy, hope they have a button to turn of the shoulder-lights when they stealth
    • lock: love the looks, dont like the colours!

Doubt it will be used for Arena set, most likely 10/25man + offset drops in Ulduar. Extra color might be for Bosses / NPC's inside the instance aswell.

They said something about the PvP gear to look like it's more made by your faction or something like that, making it different from the PvE sets. Hopefully they will go through with that!

Is it just me or will every class look like it's wearing plate with these sets?

They said something about the PvP gear to look like it's more made by your faction or something like that
    Dragon nipples.