Thread: Blacksmithing

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blacksmithing

Any other blacksmithers pissed that we are not getting anything good? i mean K we have socket to the gloves and bracers!! k... now what thats it? JC can get epic gems? Alchemy can buffs them like crazy? and Enchanting can always enchant rings? whats going on here, BS are getting fucked over, and blizzard doesnt seem to care.

Re: Blacksmithing

And the extra sockets are inferior to these other things....how? They all add up to roughly the same amount of boostage.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

JC's can socket special gems that can be up to 26str or something like that, and they can create a trinket

Since you used the str comparison...

JC gem 27 str..normal gem 16 str. Difference of 9...multiply that by three(the max they can use) and youve got 27 str difference.

Now take the two extra sockets and put 16 str in each and you get 32 str.

A trinket you can replace easily.

Sorry...what were you complaining about?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Thought we were getting the ability to socket 1handed weapons. Wish they had more variety of craftable weapons. I mean come on, only one polearm? We can make half a million maces.... just need some more variety.

turkeyspit

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of recipes. Not being able to craft DPS Axes/2H Swords. No 1-H Tanking weapons.

It just seems like other crafting professions are always adding new recipes to their books, while I have been sitting idle since I hit 450 weeks ago.

yah, im getting pissed, i hit 450 the 2nd week of WoW and i got nothing to make, shitty 2-hand tanking weps are commin and nothings going on, and Tigercat not only can they get str but theirs like millions others, everyone can get the belt, but not the gloves and bracers, thats only a differnce of 16x2=32 differnce of 5, and thats off of one gem, next they can get is like freakin mega stam or mega atk pwr, how bout that?

im only getting pissed, at the lack of recipies for us, Jc's have so much, engineering is always sexy, and LW can get very nice enchants, Enchanters can enchant shoulders, Alchemy? mega buffs again, BS? two sockets and thats it, weapons are shitty, already replaced by 80, armor is shitty, but not armorsmith

Eldom...I find it hard to reply to your posts when I cant even understand what youre trying to say.  Whether its German..French..or Retard please get someone to translate your thoughts into English.

Two extra gem sockets > three suped up JC gems(by a small amount)..I thought I had already proven that to you.  Mega stam or mega atk pwr?  You remind me of the guy in my guild that once on Kalecgos made his portal macro say Mele {PANIC} Mele instead of listing his assigned group and mentioning something about a portal....or the guy that applied listing his class as healer and his race as Drani Shamon.

All of the crafting professions come out to being roughly the same as far as stat bonuses..this is just a case of the grass always being more bereft of tears on the other side of the fence.

PS  Enchanters cannot enchant shoulders.  5 minutes of research would really help keep you from looking bad.

Eldom, this isn't even a well thought out opinion piece. You make assertions that are just based on emotion with no real numbers to back up what you perceive to be an imbalance. These are not even original complaints. What are you looking for? Catharsis?

Heres a little ProTip.

If you don't like your proffesion. Switch to one that you do like.

I am a BS, and no, I'm not pissed. Blacksmithing provided me with exactly what I wanted and expected from it. It gave me easily acquired (and good) gear to use while leveling, it gave me a few pieces of great gear for entry-level raiding, I got an amazing weapon out of it, and I get 2 extra gemslots. On top of that, assembling a set of prot gear for offset duties is really easy - I'll just craft most of it. So you can't craft gear that's the best ingame. Big deal - besides, what would the fun in that be anyway?

He called engineering sexy so you know he's a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Since you used the str comparison...

JC gem 27 str..normal gem 16 str. Difference of 9...multiply that by three(the max they can use) and youve got 27 str difference.

Now take the two extra sockets and put 16 str in each and you get 32 str.

A trinket you can replace easily.

Sorry...what were you complaining about?

Two extra gem sockets > three suped up JC gems(by a small amount)..I thought I had already proven that to you.
    27-16=11, not 9(how did you get 9?)
    33 Str for JC
    32 Str for BS

You are really bad at math btw.

if you haven't realized it, BLizz pretty much released a 3/5ths baked expansion, stuff was buggy, abilities are still being changed, there's even a couple new recipes coming out with the next patch.
    hell there's only 2-3 pieces of armor class badge gear other than the BoA items.

I am confident that there will be plenty more content(cough Uldar) and recipes/items/abilities that will come with future patches.

The only thing that fucked up BS, (Leatherworking and Tailoring too, i presume) is the rate at which people can get better gear at. After a couple of weeks all crafting gear is obsolent due to FAAAR too easy raids and heroics. Back in vanilla wow, BS what the shit, IMBA weapons that lasted and took ages to farm mats for. That is how a profession in a game should be, not some shitty mini-game that have no real purpose. (granted if you are truely min/maxing you would take either BS/JC/Enchating, but with the easy content nowadays then that would be making a fool of yourself, if you took it for that sole reason.)

Blizzard made a mistake in TBC by making tailoring and some of the BS weapons OP, now they just made them too easy replaceable, which is also pure crap. I was happy wearing my FSW in BT, it was ofc stupid-design, but rather that way around than today where crafting professions are something you take to get a few extra stats.

your forgetting one thing when you compare it to JC... JC doesnt get better gems in future patch(atleast they didnt in BC) and they will probly get a upgrade trinket..

and remember that there will be new epic gems. so you cant really compare the professions yet... BS will be much better when epic gems comes out.. dont remember exactly how much the str gems would be but i'm guessing around 20-22 str per epic gem... now thats 40-44 str EXTRA for a warrior/paladin/DK with Blacksmithing... currently yes for PvE JC is best in end game that will quickly change the JC gems asi said befor wont be that OP anymore..

and there will probly be better craftable weaps/gear aswell later... but harder to get... just like lets say Engineering and Sunwell patterns...

personally i'm going BS on my alt warrior atm. i was thinking JC but yeah BS Will improve.

and if you compare 40-44 extra str to other things like Enchanter... thats 64 AP... 40-44 str is 80-88 AP... betwen the professions there are roughly 64 AP difrense currently.

edit: btw hope you do know that JC can only use 3 gems total of those special JC only gems...

//Nataliah
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

It is beyond the simple comparison. You see JC gems fit all sockets meaning instead of blue (which for dps is generally by far weakest) you can use the +27 str one. That is +19 str, not 11 i believe? And you do need blue for metagem. Depending on metagem you need 1 or 2 blue (as melee dps).

Furtheron there are socket bonuses for each individual items -- you can fulfill them far more efficiently with JC gems. For example item that has blue and red sockets with socket bonus of +8 AP.

I just wish BS had some BOP items i dont even care if they were great or OP just something only we could have, like alchemy gets the really nice tank trinket that will prolly be replaced eventually just something like that would be nice. Maybe some shoulders that are ilvl 200 blues BOP. Or just something cool about BS, JC gets to make cheap gems, engineering gets to have the jumper cables and bop goggles(something that will be replaced) and farm the gas clouds.

I've been 450 bs for a couple months now hoping blizz would provide something, anything for this tradeskill. I do like the fact they increased the number of patterns, the sockets, and the belt buckle to be more in line with leatherworking but at this point bs is quite literally dead for me. Other tradeskills can purchase patterns/recipes from faction rep, bs can't. Other tradeskills patterns can drop in instances, bs don't. I've made everything I need for myself and friends since most useful recipes are boe. There currently isn't any recipes in game outside the trainer and have already crafted all the items I need from it. If this current state of bs stays where it is, I am going to drop it without losing anything. A couple suggestions would make bs more viable:

1. As with Leatherworking leg armor kits, let us make 'epic' (meta) sockets and/or various colored sockets including socket bonuses. This will open up the market alittle for bs (AH is full of boe crafted items that don't sell).

2. Switch titansteel manufactering to bs instead of mining (like alch has transmutes, tailoring has various threads, jc has dailies token for dragon's eye).

Just be patient untill new recipes and craftables (which may be BoP) in 3.1 and beyond.
    If you dont like your blacksmithing now then simply reroll a new prof
    My pala (Cleai)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Cleai